Recommendations

Lato

*shrug* doesn't mean you should try to contest every person with the "obvious facts" since not everyone really cares about that shit.

Since when was I contesting every person?

I pointed out one statement that I disagreed with, and it happened to be yours. I think you're getting a tad over defensive about this.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun is different for everyone. I have a lot of fun using Tanith, but I recognise that she's not that great a unit. I wouldn't tell another player to use her because I recognise that what might be fun for me might not necessarily be fun for the other person.

However, that is neither here nor there. The person who created this topic is asked for recommendations. That is, he wants to know which characters are good. Not what characters that we think are fun to use.

Ok, look the person who created the topic does NOT specify that the characters recommended MUST be good. His words can be interpreted either way and I figured that he is a normal functioning human being who is at least somewhat familiar with this website and has the capacity to click a couple of times on certain things and bring up a list of characters beginning with the best character to use and ending with the worst characters to use. If he is not satisfied with that then he can always access the average stat and growth rate pages and calculate himself the best characters to use. Since when did playing this game stop being fun and start being a game where you must only use the best characters each time?

Ok, look the person who created the topic does NOT specify that the characters recommended MUST be good. His words can be interpreted either way and I figured that he is a normal functioning human being who is at least somewhat familiar with this website and has the capacity to click a couple of times on certain things and bring up a list of characters beginning with the best character to use and ending with the worst characters to use. If he is not satisfied with that then he can always access the average stat and growth rate pages and calculate himself the best characters to use. Since when did playing this game stop being fun and start being a game where you must only use the best characters each time?

The character guides don't really help me that much. =P

:facepalm:

Why do the character guides not help him? I dont understand what has he go against character guides? If they are not helping him then YOU and others are also not helping him because you are taking your preferences FROM the character guide.

I remember bringing Tormod into the Tower of Guidance, and he really sucked (the enemies doubled him), but then I woke up and it turned out it was just a dream.
Never said anything about Tormod. The doubling I might've been referring to was much later in the chapter, but I'm *extremely* sure that early on even the swordmasters had some 40 hit on him. Also could've been a case of high biorhythm vs low biorhythm, but I distinctly remember a lot of this occurring on normal mode anyway.

Buttloads easier than using Soren in Normal mode thats for sure. Using Callil in HM was easier for me, though, but I basically gave her an entire CrK chapter's worth of exp since I knew I wouldnt be using many of them after part 3 anyway. It's all up to personal preference anyway >_>

Why do the character guides not help him? I dont understand what has he go against character guides? If they are not helping him then YOU and others are also not helping him because you are taking your preferences FROM the character guide.

Not to speak for everyone, but I don't think anyone used a character guide for their suggestions and/or preferences.

If he's asking for recommendations, it's obvious he's asking for characters that can lighten things up for him.

Ok, look the person who created the topic does NOT specify that the characters recommended MUST be good. His words can be interpreted either way and I figured that he is a normal functioning human being who is at least somewhat familiar with this website and has the capacity to click a couple of times on certain things and bring up a list of characters beginning with the best character to use and ending with the worst characters to use. If he is not satisfied with that then he can always access the average stat and growth rate pages and calculate himself the best characters to use.

So you take it upon yourself to creatively interpret his topic as asking which characters you like rather than something that might actually be useful to him. Tier lists are just that, lists. You could not figure out from using a tier list that someone like Muarim will leave after three chapters and shouldn't be seriously trained. You could not figure out that you should only use three or four unpromoted units in the Dawn Brigade. You could not figure out that Laura or Micaiah is a poor combatant and should be used for her staff access. Especially for an inexperienced player who are not familiar with efficient play, a tier list that assumes such a condition would not be a good guide. There's also the issue that the tier list is for Hard Mode while this guy is playing on Normal Mode. Similarly, average stats don't tell you that much. It is also very tedious and time-consuming to shift through 70 pages of average stats just to still not know who is good and who is bad (since average stats must be interpreted in context of enemy stats).

Since when did playing this game stop being fun and start being a game where you must only use the best characters each time?

If he wants to play with fun characters, he should pick them for himself. I can't tell him how to have fun. If he wants to play with good characters, he should ask for advice. I can tell him that. I have never said you must only use the best characters each time. But if someone seems to be confused, and asks for help, I'm not going to tell him to use trash like Meg and Fiona.

If you've read the character guide on this site, you'll see why. It's pretty terrible (for example, it says that Danved is more useful than Aran). And most people don't agree with it.

Edited by Anouleth

If he's asking for recommendations, it's obvious he's asking for characters that can lighten things up for him.

Totally in agreement. It is all about logic; if someone needs a hand and seeks advice, the most logic thing to do is recommend characters that'll do fine in the playthrough. Recommendations must be for the best units. Then, it's up to him to choose which suggestion best suits his inquiry.

If you've read the character guide on this site, you'll see why. It's pretty terrible (for example, it says that Danved is more useful than Aran). And most people don't agree with it.

Keep in mind that Guide is for JP Maniac mode.

Not to speak for everyone, but I don't think anyone used a character guide for their suggestions and/or preferences.

Lets see: "I suggest Nolan." (High Tier)

"Use Haar when you can." (Top)

"Try to train Laura, I think she's better than Rhys." (wow an opinion, just like mine)

"All the paladins, especially Fiona, all the knights, all the pegasus knights and all mages." (no problems here , why did my statement cause such an outrage?)

"Raise strike of Volug (Energy Drop) and choose one of Jill (Draco + Robe) or Nolan (Draco + Robe)." (High/Top

"Use Ike, Haar (Speedwing, Crown) and Titania (Speedwing) definitely." (High/Top)

"Haar, Titania, and Ike are no brainers of course. Mia is also very good, though you do need to give her Adept and a Crit forge to rock and roll. I also recommend Gatrie and the Hawks. Keep in mind Nephenee joins the GMs the same time as Haar and she's good, though she's an inferior version of Mia." (Upper middle, High, Top)

"Shinnon is the only good character out of any marksman/mage" (High)

"Just don't use like Meg or Fiona or Lyre or etc and you'll be ok." (Bottom)

It goes on. However, I must yield and submit to crushing defeat, I will not, no matter what win this argument, I admit that I was wrong and if you are still reading these thread starter then please disregard all of my previous statements.

Edited by Takeo

Which is the same as NA and PAL Hard Mode.

Was it? Oh. I must have gotten confused with FE9.

"All the paladins, especially Fiona, all the knights, all the pegasus knights and all mages." (no problems here , why did my statement cause such an outrage?)

I thought it was obvious that Lancelot was only joking.

Usually by the time he hits around 12 Sniper, he will start getting some better speed and strength. Tigers don't have that much speed, so he still can double with Lughnasadh, if not any other bow.

Who cares? He's still horribly outclassed by Shinon and even Rolf and he diverts valuable resources from units such as Jill and Nolan who provide far better output than he can.

PEMN? And for the cost it takes for his stats to become "nicely balanced," I could probably get Jill and Nolan to 20/10. Not to mention, it's likely not worth it when I can have Shinon who arrives outperforming Leo and stays outperforming him throughout the game.

Edited by Chiki's Pet Pikachu

I honestly think Pelleas is the easiest to use of all the mages/sages/archsages because in normal mode i remember him being able to either double or do massive damage to a bunch of enemies in the chapter he entered in.

Hes not doubling anyone in that chapter. He can get some wins and experience in from using Fenrir and stuff and then having Reyson vigor him. If yer lucky, he might double something by the end but really, i wouldnt bank on it. And i wouldnt use him unless you really like him or want him for endgame. (for bonus scenes)

Fun is different for everyone. I have a lot of fun using Tanith, but I recognise that she's not that great a unit. I wouldn't tell another player to use her because I recognise that what might be fun for me might not necessarily be fun for the other person.

However, that is neither here nor there. The person who created this topic is asked for recommendations. That is, he wants to know which characters are good. Not what characters that we think are fun to use.

I hear ya. I find it really fun to use Fiona while others go "omg wtf she sucks." I also find it fun when Sanaki kills stuff and shit like that. But i didnt put Sigrun or Sanaki or Vika (or even Lyre who i find fun to train in Easy mode) down because like, they arent the best units to use to get things done.

Hes not doubling anyone in that chapter. He can get some wins and experience in from using Fenrir and stuff and then having Reyson vigor him. If yer lucky, he might double something by the end but really, i wouldnt bank on it. And i wouldnt use him unless you really like him or want him for endgame. (for bonus scenes)

Having Balberith is another plus to taking Pelleas to the tower.