Could I get some critique on this splice?

iavasechui

Lise.png

I spliced her hair with Priscilla's and I'm wondering if it looks alright? XD Not sure I like the colors, I do like the hair's color but I'm not sure for the armor any more.

I did post this in my splices for my hack thread but I never got any feedback on her.

1. I'm not sure why I can't stop staring at her ear. Can someone help me out here?

2. I'm also not a fan of that armor color + shirt color combo. I think one should be changed, although which one you change is up to you.

Some of the hair falls over the armor, which is usually not the case. If you plan on keeping it you need to shade a bit where the hair meets the armor. Usually just add the outline where the two meet.

That's the way Lute's ear is, TGDTS. I think it looks awkward because the hair and body are different. I'd move it upward a few pixels, most ears begin at the middle of the eye, where this one begins at the end of the eye.

Some of the hair falls over the armor, which is usually not the case. If you plan on keeping it you need to shade a bit where the hair meets the armor. Usually just add the outline where the two meet.

I agree and disagree with this statement. In this case, it's true that the hair shouldn't be directly in front of the armor like that, but given the right situation, it could be legitimate...with some editing, of course. Have you ever seen an exaggerated A-line bob? It gets so long in front sometimes, you really have no choice but to drape it. Still, the hair would be hiding behind the armor a bit, and if it were draping over the armor, you'd see the curve of the drape rather than it being entirely straight.

The top of an ear should, normally, start at the eyebrow, whilst the bottom of the ear will end up at the bottom of the nose, in length.

Stop misinforming them. D<

Ears should proportionally match up with the top of the eye and the bottom of the nose. I say "proportionally" because the angle can affect this.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

Stop misinforming them. D<

Ears should proportionally match up with the top of the eye and the bottom of the nose. I say "proportionally" because the angle can affect this.

It's not the eyebrow? Mkay.

^_^; should have checked this earlier. Hmm have been busy since my nephew started summer break so I haven't been able to work on it that much at the moment. But I'm going to midland for the weekend and that might help inspire me... well either that or it will inspire me to actually update my fanfic XD either way I've been needing inspiration for both ^_^;

I just checked my ear-to-face levels and found the top of my ear to be level to my eyebrow. But since FE uses a more animeistic style, which has smaller ears, and consider how ridiculously high up the eyebrow sometimes can get in younger females...

Hmm what color do you think would work with that armor? I really don't like that green on it anymore... -_-;

XD kinda weird that Lute's own ear looks weird since I left that the same... Guess I'm going to have to change it...

I just checked my ear-to-face levels and found the top of my ear to be level to my eyebrow. But since FE uses a more animeistic style, which has smaller ears, and consider how ridiculously high up the eyebrow sometimes can get in younger females...

Mine matches perfectly to the top of my eye. >: Your ears are supposed to match up with the top of your eye and the bottom of your nose, as well as your eye line being in the middle of the head, when vertically split. Kinda hoped someone who did more traditional art would know that.

It just seems too close to the eyes, is all. Animu likes ginormous eyes and super tiny everything else.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

Mine matches to my eyebrow. I guess it does have a bit of natural variation.

I was always taught eyebrow, anyway.

Edit: Lumiface go

d372241799745b05e91f665450a8c843.png

Although, if the face is tilted up more, on a planar surface disregarding perspective shifts and shit, it'd be on the same horizontal as the eye. So it really depends on angles.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

ec1e27c4be8d60cf9a9192e9f5ef03aa.png

I guess this is where we differ. When I learned proportions I was taught from a front-facing angle, which, even from what you linked here, matches up to the eyebrow. From a profile angle, it does match up to the eye. Since this is 2-D art, it just matters which perspective it's in. With most mugs, it would be somewhere in the middle.

Edited by Luminescent Blade