This is my country tonight. :/

Maji

Hurricanes =//= riots, no one judges a town's residents based on the weather. If a tsunami ripped through Vancouver, I'd much rather wish to aid them as a concerned citizen than aid them knowing that they were the cause of their undoing.

Twenty years is a long time nonetheless, twenty years of being known to the world as poor sports.

It is much too late. Over seventy-five percent of Americans (including myself) already think Canada is an imperialistic, overpowering douche-bag of a nation that cares not for its own citizens and even less of another nation's. You are viewed as Satan's Little Country (despite your geopraphical size). You house the next Hitler.

Chill out. It's one riot over a sport. No country gives a fuck if another country has a riot over hockey; don't be so self-centered in regards to your nation.

As for my opinion, any riots, any injuries over a sport are completely retarded. I don't understand why sports riots happpen at all. The people don't even play the game.

Stop me and I will. Until then, the universe is going to get a lot bigger in my own head, and I'm not sure how much smaller everywhere else?

Are you having fun?

It is much too late. Over seventy-five percent of Americans (including myself) already think Canada is an imperialistic, overpowering douche-bag of a nation that cares not for its own citizens and even less of another nation's. You are viewed as Satan's Little Country (despite your geopraphical size). You house the next Hitler.

Chill out. It's one riot over a sport. No country gives a fuck if another country has a riot over hockey; don't be so self-centered in regards to your nation.

As for my opinion, any riots, any injuries over a sport are completely retarded. I don't understand why sports riots happpen at all. The people don't even play the game.

Well that's new, I'm not doubting you on that, however, I would like to see a source for your words. Granted, I live in the same country as Harper the Emperor, but next coming of Hitler, methinks that may be taking it too far.

And tell that to the rest of Canada, because frankly, it is a big deal that we just lost millions of tax payer's dollars.

I can agree with you on your opinion though, a meaningless cause to riot brings not result, but headache and damaged reputation.

Look, dude, give this a little time to die down. I would be willing to bet that your city (and any other city that has had sports rioting) will still be known for whatever it was previously known for, and not as "that one city that rioted over hockey hurr durr." I'm pretty sure mine's still known for steel and universities, not "that one city that rioted numerous times over Super Bowl results," or even "that one city that rioted over the G20 conference and its police went tear-gas-happy."

Look, dude, give this a little time to die down. I would be willing to bet that your city (and any other city that has had sports rioting) will still be known for whatever it was previously known for, and not as "that one city that rioted over hockey hurr durr." I'm pretty sure mine's still known for steel and universities, not "that one city that rioted numerous times over Super Bowl results," or even "that one city that rioted over the G20 conference and its police went tear-gas-happy."

Ugh, isn't the internet a better place to let it die down than the real world, for the most part?

And tell that to the rest of Canada, because frankly, it is a big deal that we just lost millions of tax payer's dollars.

I can agree with you on your opinion though, a meaningless cause to riot brings not result, but headache and damaged reputation.

No, the reputation part is the exact opposite of my opinion. What I'm saying is one hockey game riot that less than 1% of the world will know about will not tarnish all of Canada's reputation, so chill out. No one cares about Canada that much, not even the Canadians.

All I'm saying is that spectator sports shouldn't matter that much anywhere haha.

The loss of taxpayer money is sad, though.

Depends. Are you?

That wasn't meant to be hostile, it was a joke. :)

Reading your less-than-serious comments? Hell yeah I am. They're funny.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

No, the reputation part is the exact opposite of my opinion. What I'm saying is one hockey game riot that less than 1% of the world will know about will not tarnish all of Canada's reputation, so chill out. No one cares about Canada that much, not even the Canadians.

All I'm saying is that spectator sports shouldn't matter that much anywhere haha.

The loss of taxpayer money is sad, though.

You know what? As stubborn as I am, I must admit as the day wore on today, my opinion about the whole thing waned. So, I am going to say you're right on this, it's just a bruise on Canadians, and will wear off as time progresses.

Bear in mind however, I originally wrote this thread as the event unfolded on live television, and it broke my heart to see CTV news air live footage of people committing without shame. The day when one feels confident enough to smash and loot a store is the day I make a thread about it and this day came last night.

Main thing that made me feel better about this ordeal was the fact the the VPD had over 100 arrests today.

Wow... That's really rather pathetic.... I mean a riot over a hockey game? People really need to set their priorities straight! Facepalm_emote_gif.gifGood thing I'm in Ontario

Even better that I'm in Quebec, but I like to be concerned for everyone, but Alberta. tongue.gif

Edited by Maji

Man it's really not so bad. Silly and all, but it'll be fine. Vancouver actually is a super great city, and having some retarded sports fans is not a particularly damning flaw. Also, the LA Riots actually had a fairly good reason, so yeah, they're in a totally different league from these.

Silly Canadians, its not a real riot until you throw a fire extinguisher off the top of the Tory HQ.