Is there any kind of patch that turns on enemy range toggle in hard mode?

It's not hours. It's maybe five minutes over the course of the entire game.

Except in the desert were you think they move 2 but actually move 3. It can be annoying sometimes, specially when dealing with times were there must be perfect postioning for a strategy to work and such.

Except in the desert were you think they move 2 but actually move 3. It can be annoying sometimes, specially when dealing with times were there must be perfect postioning for a strategy to work and such.

desert/thicket are worst, but you learn how they work quickly from mistakes.

desert/thicket are worst, but you learn how they work quickly from mistakes.

The confusing thing is when Tanith standing on a square gets attacked by archers and then Haar standing on the same square one turn later doesn't :/. Aslo, warriors moving 3 spaces, and then 2... I must have been imagining things.

The confusing thing is when Tanith standing on a square gets attacked by archers and then Haar standing on the same square one turn later doesn't :/. Aslo, warriors moving 3 spaces, and then 2... I must have been imagining things.

That could be a problem of pacifist enemies. Maybe it's just for BK, but the only reason my 8 turn clear ended with BK killing one is because some enemies just run up and don't attack.

But yeah, enemies of the same class don't change how far they can move. Most of the enemies on the map can move 2 spaces at a time. Otherwise it's either magic, flies, or doesn't move.

wtf 5 minutes

No, I actually think about my moves before I make them, thanks.

If you spend hours thinking about your moves, then five more minutes to recall that yes, Paladins have 9 move Halberdiers have 7 move etc. etc. is probably not going to interfere with your busy social calendar. I don't know about you, but it doesn't take me hours to recall that unpromoted foot units have 6 move.

That could be a problem of pacifist enemies. Maybe it's just for BK, but the only reason my 8 turn clear ended with BK killing one is because some enemies just run up and don't attack.

But yeah, enemies of the same class don't change how far they can move. Most of the enemies on the map can move 2 spaces at a time. Otherwise it's either magic, flies, or doesn't move.

Well it certainly is annoying. >_> Why IS puts pacifist enemies in one of the biggest and longest maps is beyond me. Those damn trolls.

Also Anouleth, Social calendar? What are you talking about?

Edited by Jhen Mohran

If you spend hours thinking about your moves, then five more minutes to recall that yes, Paladins have 9 move Halberdiers have 7 move etc. etc. is probably not going to interfere with your busy social calendar. I don't know about you, but it doesn't take me hours to recall that unpromoted foot units have 6 move.

The issue isn't trying to remember how much movement certain units have.

One problem that I often encounter is trying to put a fragile unit in a safe place when three or four enemies are nearby. You have to count tiles, check that you're only getting attacked by one or two enemies at a time, recheck tiles, etc. And that's a basic scenario. What if there's terrain to account for? Some enemies have range but others don't? It's actually pretty complicated, and in the whole game, counting tiles definitely more than five minutes. And if you make an error due to counting or keeping track incorrectly, the mistake can cost you dozens of minutes.

1-5, 1-E, 2-E, 3-13, and basically every chapter past 3-8 are all chapters where you'll be counting tiles quite a few times.

If it takes you 1 second to determine the range of 4 enemies (5 enemies per turn, 8 turns per chapter, 30 chapters), more power to you. I'm not that good, so for me it totals up to hours.

• 2 weeks later...

He means something as proof that you did it, you know a video where you can see the color of the save file, and then you toggle on enemy movement range.

Weapon Triangle doesn't add any sort of fake difficulty to the game at all. In fact it makes things a bit harder, genuinely. Battle Saves/no enemy movement are just... "fake" difficulty so to speak, it would make more sense to just keep those two turned on as opposed to adding weapon triangle on top of it.

Weapon Triangle doesn't add any sort of fake difficulty to the game at all. In fact it makes things a bit harder, genuinely. Battle Saves/no enemy movement are just... "fake" difficulty so to speak, it would make more sense to just keep those two turned on as opposed to adding weapon triangle on top of it.

To be fair, Battle Saves isn't a common thing in FE in the first place and was actually not in the Japanese version of the game at all.