Bianca? (B/W)

Lato

I personally feel that Bianca was sort of an add on to the games. She wasn't there for any of the major events in the game, had fewer battles, less screen time than Cheren or N etc. and I found that disappointing. Does anyone agree/disagree with me?

She mainly serves to raise the relatively interesting issue of wether the parents are actually okay with 10 year only kids going out on their own. I think it's about time the series addressed that.

And she can be re-battled infinately (unlike Cheren) for extra exp.

Other than that... yeah. I found Cheren's character development more interesting overall.

Hey, someone needed to take that tepig that was sitting around :newyears:

I think that should have been the other player character that you didn't choose.

And she can be re-battled infinately (unlike Cheren) for extra exp.

You do have a valid point, but you only battle five times with Bianca. You have eight battles with Cheren (nine, if you count the tag battle).

I found his character development to be better than Bianca's. Bianca's character development is sort of cliche.

I think is was interesting how she had to accept the fact she wouldn't ever become a super powerful trainer. Especially when compared with Cheren who was all like "power power power!!!!!."

Where do people get this idea that Cheren had character development? To have character development, first you need character...And development of it. If anything, Cheren felt like the guy who was just tacked into the game. Bianca was a simple character for sure. Just a flighty girl who had no idea what to do with her life and generally had her head in the clouds. She got a dose of realism, realized she wasn't that good at pokemon (hell, she got hers stolen from her at one point), and most likely settled for something that didn't involve battling. Short and sweet.

What was Cheren's development?

"I want power? Why? Because...Power."

"What is power? Power is......something I should have"

"Do I really have power?"

"What a bother"

"Bother power power bother bother bother power bother power power power power bother power bother"

"Whatever. :/"

When I find May more interesting, something's wrong.

She mainly serves to raise the relatively interesting issue of wether the parents are actually okay with 10 year only kids going out on their own. I think it's about time the series addressed that.

But aren't the characters actually older this time around?

Bianca's development was the better of the two, but it still wasn't that good. They both felt kind of tacked on, really, and they most definitely added at least one of them so the third starter would no longer rot in hell.

• 2 months later...

Cheren can be rebattled infinitely.

This is true. After you beat Ghetsis, talk to Cheren on route 5 (I think it's that route anyway) and he'll go to Victory Road. After that, you can battle him daily.

Anyway, I liked Bianca. She's unique because she isn't a rival that's going after gym badges and such like the player character is. All the other rivals are.

• 2 weeks later...

So anything past the first gen?

How I miss the simplicity of first gen. Back when Team Rocket was evil just because they were evil. You know the series is trying too hard to make a story when they turn the main bad guys into PETA.

How I miss the simplicity of first gen. Back when Team Rocket was evil just because they were evil. You know the series is trying too hard to make a story when they turn the main bad guys into PETA.

Does it? To me Team Plasma represents the questioning of the very concept that makes the Pokémon main series what it is.

N might do that, but Team Plasma as a whole? Not at all. From the very start they're shown to not actually care about Pokemon at all, and their whole objective is a farce.

Edited by Momo

N might do that, but Team Plasma as a whole? Not at all. From the very start they're shown to not actually care about Pokemon at all, and their whole objective is a farce.

Well, I wasn't speaking about them in the individuality sense. I meant Team Plasma as it was perceived to be, regardless of how different the actual truth is. And so the, ahem, Isshu *shot*, was addressed in-game. In the end though, the way it was dealt was also what was being aimed as well. To give it a reasonable resolution, finally, in-series.

• 1 month later...

I liked Bianca. She looked and acted really cute to me, and she gave me a bunch of Max Revives and Full Restores, too. I just hate it that N and Ghetsis used her as an example of a stupid trainer. According to TVTropes, people actually thought she would've been the Champion before Gen 5 was released. That kinda makes me a Rebelshipper.

• 2 weeks later...

PETA euthanizes almost all of the animals that it gets its hands on. If anything, Plasma would have been more evil by being MORE like the way PETA actually is.

Edited by General Spoon

PETA euthanizes almost all of the animals that it gets its hands on. If anything, Plasma would have been more evil by being MORE like the way PETA actually is.

Pretty much.

To give you an idea, I direct people to this delightful little fact sheet about PETA. Yes, it quotes sources at the bottom.

Edited by Blaze the Sage