Cog of Destiny

chococoke

I'm tired of this fucking level. I have yet to defeat it on HHM, due to constant RNG screwage typically involving status staves on my important units. I'm kind of in a hurry right now, but on my current playthrough, I was literally breezing through HHM up until Cog, and the level has currently caused me to restart numerous times (probably more times than I've had to restart total up to that point.)

Anyway, does anyone have any advice as to how to tackle the level? Take out the initial aggroing units before taking on the 5 Valks in the top left corner and the female druids? I usually head to the left and take on the Luna Druid/Shamans, which, now that I think about it, is a crappy idea thanks to how broken Luna is.

I'll post unit stats and relevant equipment if people are interested.

- Pure Waters

- Barriers

- multiple C rank Restore users

Harken has good res and trivializes this map handily. Moderately strong units like Marcus can ORKO valks with brave weapons. Consider using fliers to skip some of the reinforcement triggers.

- Pure Waters

- Barriers

- multiple C rank Restore users

Harken has good res and trivializes this map handily. Moderately strong units like Marcus can ORKO valks with brave weapons. Consider using fliers to skip some of the reinforcement triggers.

Many Pure Waters and a Barrier, unfortunately I only have 1 Restore staff because I'm mentally handicapped and never thought to get another one.

I got Kenneth's version of PFoD, which isn't really too easy to get Harken on, so I don't have him unfortunately. My Raven is a pretty acceptable replacement, though, and I actually managed to get him S rank Axes.

I didn't train any fliers, either, because I'm mentally handicapped.

Edited by chococoke

Raven isn't really a good substitute to Harken because Harken's base res is massive. You can toss him a Pure Water and he can march into the 5 valkyries in the corner of the map with no fear of dying (while getting sniped by Purge bishops) and no fear of getting statused by anything not a 28 mag druid.

TBH, this is IMO the hardest chapter in the game. If you want to recruit Vaida, I usually bait with Hector. Try to have High HP Promoted units tank. There's quite a few possible chokepoints (IIRC those mountains in the middle). Really, once you've dealt with the endless waves of units gnawing away at your guys, dealing with the boss is a formality.

Tl;Dr

COD is really friggin hard, but It's more of a test of endurance than offense.

Well, I beat the level. I also just did a write up and lost the whole thing. Titties. It involved a lot of finesse (took me 15 turns.) Luckily, the one thing I wasn't short on was 1-2 range weaponry. Sain with the Brave Lance and Nini's Grace was more than enough to kill Lloyd. GG, Cog.

I'd probably say Cog, but only because it's impossible to be unprepared for VoD after just having a gaiden chapter where you merely buy weaponry. I had no idea what to expect the first time I hit Cog on my first HHM playthrough, and it absolutely annihilated me. Laughably.