Women's World Cup?

Strawman

I'm watching it currently. US against Colombia.

Anyways, does anyone here care about the Women's World CUp? I know people care about the Men's because there was a topic on it.

So like, who do you think/hope will win? And stuff like that. I don't know much about women's soccer and who is good or not, so I don't care who wins as long as it isn't the US.

Do the teams still swap shirts after each match?

The women's World Cup gets no coverage, most people probably don't even know it exists.

If they want to promote it more they should run it concurrently with the men's or something.

I'm not going to give a damn about womens soccer no matter how much they tell me its great.

Agreed, but to be honest I don't give a damn about men's sports either. I just think that it's great whenever the US beats another country in anything besides a war where people die.

Agreed, but to be honest I don't give a damn about men's sports either. I just think that it's great whenever the US beats another country in anything besides a war where people die.

Well I think it's great when we win a war as well, since the only other option is losing it.

Well I think it's great when we win a war as well, since the only other option is losing it.

I think that as long as "win" is something with minimal casualties in situations where I do not think the war is just, I would agree with you.

I think that as long as "win" is something with minimal casualties in situations where I do not think the war is just, I would agree with you.

indeed indeed.

and also, regarding Haze's remark. The exchange is the only thing that would be a possibility for me to be interested.

So I know I'm double posting but...

The US makes it to the finals with a 3-1 victory over France!

Japan is leading Sweden 3-1 with like 10 minutes left in the game!!!!! Heck Yeah!

Looks like its going to be a US - Japan final! Historically this sucks for Japan, but their team is so goood. I'm rooting for Japan.

I'm watched both matches. Japan is dangerous, though they're a terrible matchup against the US. They scored their second and third goals by capitalizing on goalkeeper mistakes that Hope Solo, quite frankly, won't make. Their goalkeeping is suspect, and their defence, though solid, is small. The only way that defence is going to handle Abby Wambach is with a wood cutter's axe.

They beat Germany, and can beat the Americans if the US back line is as leaky as it was against Sweden, but other than that, I don't see this as a good matchup for Japan.

Facebook has shoved all this information in my face.

and as strawman said, when does US ever lose to japan?

The US seems to constantly lose cultural wars at home recently IMO. Look at this goddamn forum. But we seem to constantly win them abroad.

The US seems to constantly lose cultural wars at home recently IMO. Look at this goddamn forum. But we seem to constantly win them abroad.

I agree.

and they(japanese) have won some Car wars.

Edited by Fenrir

Look at this goddamn forum. But we seem to constantly win them abroad.

They failed theirr goal at Vietnam though. Sure they retreated and technically didn't lost (according to one of my teachers back in grade 10) but they still failed at their goal, which was to stop something about communist vietnam coming to power i think. It has to do something against communism iirc.

Edited by Jhen Mohran

I can't believe nobody mentioned the epicness of the Brazil/US game. It was intense. Unfortunately, I had to leave about 75 minutes in and had to watch the highlights. angry.gif

I'm sure a soccer game wasn't all that.

They failed theirr goal at Vietnam though. Sure they retreated and technically didn't lost (according to one of my teachers back in grade 10) but they still failed at their goal, which was to stop something about communist vietnam coming to power i think. It has to do something against communism iirc.

But before retreating from Vietnam, they lot/burned a lot of foods. Continuous wars, The Allies's sieges aim at Japan, one of the harshest winter in the history, failure of communist goverment have created the worse famine in history of this country. About 500.000 to 2 millions of North Vietnamese have died due to starvation in just 1 year.

Japan's goal in Vietnam is to expand their power at Indo-China. Their slogan at that time was "Free asian from the domination of the westerner and creat an undivided asian country" which as everyone known, it's just a bluff. But to do so, they still have to beat Vietnam communists and France, which's also having war against Vietnam communist. Vietnam communists of course want to kick both Japan and France. It's a three-sides game and no real conflict happen between these sides for awhile. Japan have never lost at Vietnam, they just retreat.

But before retreating from Vietnam, they lot/burned a lot of foods. Continuous wars, The Allies's sieges aim at Japan, one of the harshest winter in the history, failure of communist goverment have created the worse famine in history of this country. About 500.000 to 2 millions of North Vietnamese have died due to starvation in just 1 year.

Japan's goal in Vietnam is to expand their power at Indo-China. Their slogan at that time was "Free asian from the domination of the westerner and creat an undivided asian country" which as everyone known, it's just a bluff. But to do so, they still have to beat Vietnam communists and France, which's also having war against Vietnam communist. Vietnam communists of course want to kick both Japan and France. It's a three-sides game and no real conflict happen between these sides for awhile. Japan have never lost at Vietnam, they just retreat.

I was talking about the US :mellow:

I'm sure a soccer game wasn't all that.

The last 20 minutes were. US tied the game up in the last minute, then won it in penalty kicks. PKs are intense by definition.

@ Core, no penalty kicks aren't very interesting to watch. Field goals and Free throws are there equals in Football/basketball.

I was talking about the US :mellow:

I lol'd :awesome:

Edited by Fenrir

but PKs are way more intense in soccer than those others in basketball and football because they can have a bigger impact on the game. In football and basketball teams have much higher scores so the points given by free throws and field goals aren't really as important. But in soccer where you're tied 1-1 or 2-2 or whatever, a PK can make a huge difference.

Let's not talk about stating goals regarding military strategy too much. Let's just say this. Is it possible that stating Osama as a clear goal for Afganistan made it easier for the Taliban to figure out how to prolong the war as long as possible and make us look bad?

And yet, what must be must be. This is a democracy. The most important, clearest goals need to be delivered to the populace by those who lead, with those who lead delivering goals with the best interests of the populace in mind, or it is all, indeed, a sham, a performance.

Edited by Loki Laufeyjarson

Brazil really blew it this time. I mean c'mon, they had an advantage of one goal and USA had one player less(it should be two, but w/e), yet they played defensevely.

Fuck them.

Also Hope Solo = beauty