(FE10) Draft EX

Junkhead

4-E-1 4 turns

ike and giffca kill the sleepers with help from rafiel and pass. Marcia kills the mages to the left and lekain. Calill then kills the generals and giffca kills hetzel's. Ike stays in the middle and the others go right killing stuff.

4-E-2 1 turn

Gave ike the hammer. Blossom to skrimir and bexp to .99. Calill meteors levail and ORKOs. Broken. Had skrimir fight as much as posible on enemy phase and naesala for strike. Then bk sd'd.

4-E-3 1 turn

This one took a lot of figuring out. But i managed. Marciax micaiah c support. Calill x ike c support. Sorry oscar but i needed that damage boost. Ok ike kills the middle dragon with dragonfoe then skrimir and giffca and micaiah make the diamond with micaiah using rescue on calill to the middle. Calill moves to a cover and does 7 x 2 dmg to dheg thanks to ike. 86 hp left. Then rafiel gets smitten and vigors. Giffca and skrimir do 19x2 and 14x2 respectively. 48 then -28. 20 hp left. Ike does 6x2 with calill support. 8 hp left. Then micaiah rescues marcia and she finishes dheg off with wishblade. Gotta love rescue! Giffca and skrimir have a support together btw. C

ike 20.00 same dragonfoe

Micaiah 5.49 46 15 35 27 29 40 19 36 miracle paragon

Skrimir 35.25 76 24 3 18 17 25 22 10 nihil

Naesala 32.11 62 20 7 20 24 23 13 15 adept

Calill 20.00 50 20 38 34 32 30 22 38 nihil vantage

Stefan 11.35 55 30 7 39 39 21 22 17 paragon

oscar same

Zihark 14.28 49 30 11 40 40 26 20 24 cancel wrath

Marcia same adept savior

fiona 17.30 same

giffca 38.22 74 23 4 23 20 28 20 11 nihil pass

---

4-E-4 1 turn

Ike kills an aura (but not the lehran guard ones) then giffca skrimis and naesala move and transform and make the diamond. Ike skrimir and nestling kill auras. Then micaiah rescues calill (rescue breaks) and calill kills the 4th aura then giffca 1rkos lehran.

4-E-5 3 turns

fiona and brave lance oscar take care of spirits. Skrimir giffca and stefan zihark were the main aura killers. In turn 3, with rafiel's help i had enough to ko the 3 remaining auras and naesala stefan zihark weaken her. Then ike doubles and kills ashera. With 55 display hit x_x. I had to battle save and restart twice.

Kills:

Ike 2nd place 173 kills

Micaiah 72 kills

Sothe 4th 111 kills

Giffca 10 kills

Skrimir 32 kills

Naesala 29 kills

Marcia 5th 110 kills

Fiona 26 kills

Calill 82 kills

Stefan 7 kills

Zihark 3rd 141 kills

Oscar 1st 204 <-wow

Opinions:

Ike- ike. Hes ike. Ike is cool. He kills everything and doesnt afraid of anything. He reached enough spd to double ashera this time which is cool.

Micaiah- shes micaiah. Resolve thani helped 3 turn 4-P. In 4 endgame she helped thani'ing generals and fortify/rescuing. <3

Sothe- as always. Does a lot in part 1 helped a bit in part 3 then becomes obsolete in part 4. At least he can smite...

Giffca- hes awesome. Part of why i low turned endgame.

Skrimir- pretty good. I thoughthis spd would be troublesome but bexp solved it. Helped a lot against dheg and in the desert.

Naesala- helped a bit though nothing too special. Wish he had gotten ss rank in time. :/

Marcia- <3 <3 <3 <3. Such a beast. And beautiful too. She helped a lot in 2-3 and 3-9. Helped me low turn 3-11 and 3-E. Destroyed everyone in 4-2. And raepd izuka.

Fiona- :/ damn shes terrible. All that bexp feeding and she only started killing things in part 4.

Calill- wow. Best mage in the game. Demolished the desert. 1rkod everything in 4-P. Meteor awesomeness etc etc. Fire magic is awsum. <3

Stefan- ur bad. At least he helped in 4-E-5 but way too little screen time.

Zihark- hmm. Idk what to think. His growths bother me. He never proc'd def. Hes so frail. But he obv helped a lot in the db chapters.

Oscar- BROKEN. His usefulness died in endgame but still...wow. He absolutely destroyed part 3.

Thanks to Kp for drafting an excellent team.

Final turncount:

Part 1: 85

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Final: 276

Edited by PegKnightLover

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be going a little far on this one, but I figured I might as well go into more detail just in case Excellen actually does plan on continuing. I know you posted this, Xander, but this is more for Excellen than you since he probably has a lot of the same (and more) concerns about the team.

Aran is at best Mediocre, and is his only DB unit.

RK got this one well, I believe, but even so; Aran is not the best DB unit, but he's not half bad either. I had him promoted and kicking ass by 1-7. Before then he was pretty meh, but look at what we've got here:

1-3: Comes partway through, 7 turns is achievable with just Micaiah and Sothe.

1-4: 7 turns again with or without him. You can probably get him a few free kills here if you plan it out.

1-5: Always 6 turns.

1-6-1: The only real problem. Unless Aran has the Spd to double (and he very well may not), he could run into problems handling the northern enemies.

1-6-2: He can Shove Sothe. Done.

You get a lot of BEXP and at least one Seal by then, so any fairly competent player who thinks ahead should have him promoted by 1-7 and handling his job well. Tormod and Rafiel added will make 1-8 possible without penalty in 4-5 turns and then add in the Black Knight for 1-E and part 1 is no problem.

He'll be taking penalties on 2-E and likely 2-1.

And what do you need to avoid those?

2-E: Elincia, Haar, or Marcia + someone who can take a BEXP dump and at least 2RKO Ludveck while surviving the enemy swarm (though Marcia has to survive it, too). Brom is best for that, though Nephenee can probably work. I don't think any others would. Marciaxrolf has Marcia and Calill, so I think only Duke Tanas and RD will be avoiding penalties here.

2-1: Since no one has Nephenee and Brom, everyone will be taking a penalty.

Even counting them both together, it's practically guaranteed that at least 2 people will have to take both a 2-E penalty and two 2-1 penalties, and possibly more.

Part 2 just sucks in general for drafts. Pretty much everyone needs to use Geoffrey for 2-3, meaning only the person who drafted him is avoiding a penalty, and almost the same on 2-2 for Lucia (though there are more and more competent units there + Leanne). 2-P doesn't even need mentioning.

Titania is his only GM until Janaff comes along.

Heather and Kyza? It's a good team, too; Titania is second only to Haar and can handle most of part 3 on her own. 3-4 is the only exception, but Heather and Kyza, if made good enough, will be able to handle what she can't there. Then Janaff and Reyson come along and the rest of part 3 is pretty much a joke. Oh, and Kieran, too. Seriously, 3 units with Canto to have Reyson refreshing.

He has 9 units to distribute amongst 3 teams come part 4,

Well, technically, he only has 5 units to "distribute" due to some of them being forced. Either way, I decided to make a mock part 4 setup to see if he'll actually have any problems:

Silver		Greil		Hawk

Micaiah		Ike		Lucia
Sothe		Titania		Reyson
Leanne		Rafiel		Kieran
Janaff		Aran		Heather
Kyza

Tormod

Overall verdict: Pretty good.

Individual team analysis:

Silver - The only possibly problematic one. Two Laguz as the main fighters is annoying, though if he makes Micaiah competent enough that will make things much easier on him. Same thing for the desert, pretty much. He'll definitely want a strong Micaiah with Resolve. Free Leanne ought to be pretty helpful.

Greil - As far as drafts go, you can almost say perfect. I've used this exact team before minus Rafiel and Tormod. The 5 turn strategy of 4-1 can be pulled off and 4-4 is always annoying but with proper planning and good use of Tormod it should be doable in under 10 turns. And again, Rafiel.

Hawk - A good, if not perfect setup. Kieran ought to be a powerful and mobile 1-2 ranger by this point and Lucia can use some BEXP and a promotion to be a good combat unit. Heather and Reyson can help to pick up the slack. This team should also be able to pull 2-3 turns on 4-5 since Heather and Lucia can Shove/Smite each other. Heather even has innate Pass and a good movement type for swamps.

As far as draft teams go for part 4, this is more than adequate. Just about everything is covered. Duke Tanas' and Soul's part 4 teams are probably better (mainly due to Haar/Jill, but Soul also has Tibarn and Tanith, lol), and Weapons' and Marciaxrolf's are about on par, I'd say. Radiant Dragon's might be slightly worse due to the bow users and Fenrir's is worse.

and if he takes his only flier for the Silver army, he'll have to take penalties on 4-5.

Already addressed.

All of his units bar Titania Janaff and Renning will need a bexp dump and though there's plenty of bexp on normal mode, it's not infinite.

Not really. He doesn't have anyone like Fiona or Astrid that tend to need a significantly big dump aside from Tormod, but he's late enough that that should be fine. Aran, Heather, Kieran, Lucia, and Kyza will all be needing a decent amount, but I wouldn't call it a "dump" for any of them.

He has good reason to complain.

He definitely does not. Fenrir, for example, has it worse; no adequate desert units and Geoffrey, Caineghis, Nasir, Pelleas, and Ena being on the team will surely make part 4 difficult. He's got Tauroneo and then only 3 units to distribute on his own for part 4. Radiant Dragon, who I drafted for, probably has a worse team. A very similar part 4 distribution (practically identical desert team), most likely, but a weaker part 3 and similar but maybe still inferior part 1. He will probably be spreading more BEXP (Rolf, Astrid, Danved, Nephenee, Elincia, maybe Muarim), too.

Edit: Even an experienced drafter would run into problems

Not to blow my own horn, but I think I can consider myself an experienced drafter, and the only map I even might find problematic is 4-3, however, that's a common one.

1-3: Comes partway through, 7 turns is achievable with just Micaiah and Sothe.

1-4: 7 turns again with or without him. You can probably get him a few free kills here if you plan it out.

1-5: Always 6 turns.

1-6-1: The only real problem. Unless Aran has the Spd to double (and he very well may not), he could run into problems handling the northern enemies.

1-3: Aran makes no difference to the turn count

1-4: Aran makes no difference again. He can, in my experience, get one tiger kill on this map, on turn 3 or 4. If Sothe leaves 2 tigers alive, one will just heal.

1-6-1: Only happens when he's speed blessed. If memory serves me right he has to be very blessed, actually. The AK's also do a surprisingly high amount of damage to him. And it's not like I underleveled him or he got def screwed.

1-7: Even when promoted, he still has to watch out for all the mages and doesn't have good enough AS to double the AK's (surprisingly)

1-8: Don't overestimate Tormod or Aran. The big problem this chapter is that those Draco's and bandits kill the civs before Aran can reach them, even with Rafiel taken into account. I've made a point of his terrible Res. Like I said, this leads him to be two shot by mages (and mages come in pairs) without a Seraph. He'll be left with maybe 4-8 HP after two mages with one, and that puts him into kill range for normal physical units. Tormod has decent avoid, but is 2-3H KO'd by physical units. He's also the only one who can deal with the Draco's, so he has to move into the swamp for a little while. He's also not good enough in my experience to take the boss and all units around him. A 4-5 turn clear isn't feasible with this team IMO.

1-E: Aran's mage troubles and Tormod phys troubles just continue. That I completely rely on Sothe, Rafiel and BK to clear this chapter doesn't mean they're suddenly good.

Conclusion: What this effectively proved is that Aran is mostly not useful throughout part 1. Tormod makes a significant difference in 1-8, I'll give him that much, but it more or less ends there. So can we now just conclude Aran is a mediocre unit in part 1 in drafts and move on?

And what do you need to avoid those?

2-E: Elincia, Haar, or Marcia + someone who can take a BEXP dump and at least 2RKO Ludveck while surviving the enemy swarm (though Marcia has to survive it, too). Brom is best for that, though Nephenee can probably work. I don't think any others would. Marciaxrolf has Marcia and Calill, so I think only Duke Tanas and RD will be avoiding penalties here.

2-1: Since no one has Nephenee and Brom, everyone will be taking a penalty.

Even counting them both together, it's practically guaranteed that at least 2 people will have to take both a 2-E penalty and two 2-1 penalties, and possibly more.

Part 2 just sucks in general for drafts. Pretty much everyone needs to use Geoffrey for 2-3, meaning only the person who drafted him is avoiding a penalty, and almost the same on 2-2 for Lucia (though there are more and more competent units there + Leanne). 2-P doesn't even need mentioning.

2-1: Indeed unavoidable to take double penalties in my case. Also Heather performs very poor in combat here.

2-2: Painfully enough, I haven't figured out a way for Lucia to solo the combat in this chapter. Heather had bad combat in 2-1 and it continues this chapter. This means I more or less have to take a penalty for another unit, like Brom, to make this chapter possible.

2-3: Admitted Kieran shouldn't do too poorly this chapter and there's NPC units available to me to make this chapter easier, but I'll still have to take a penalty for Geoffrey.

2-E: Excuse me if I'm not comfortable with sending in an undrafted guy to kill the boss. But since defending really isn't possible or efficient, it's what I'll have to do.

part 3: Not worried about part 3 in the least. Ike and Titania support with Celerity on Ike should just rape this part. Heather will probably just continue to have poor combat however and she and Kyza will most likely end up fighting over the Energy drops.

Units needing a significant chunk BEXP: Heather, Lucia, Kieran, Tormod, Micaiah, Aran. Heather and Aran need BEXP to simply sorta keep up. Their mediocre/bad combat leads them to gain little CEXP. Also most low turn strategies require very little contributions on their part. Micaiah has decent-ish combat, but is hampered by her poor defensive stats and also needs some degree of BEXP for her to hit 20 by the end of part 1. Though I suppose you can give her Paragon for one-two chapters. All the others have been explained for.

Indeed, per unit I don't need a dump that comes near what is needed for Fiona. Doesn't mean more than half my team needs it to some degree, though.

For whatever it's worth, Llen, I've managed to run Lucia top-side all the way TO THE BOSS without penalties, but one of the reinforcements will hit one of your backline on the very last EP.

So if you have Heather in the back, it's entirely possible for Lucia to take 2-1 herself.

1-3: Aran makes no difference to the turn count

Well no duh, he's recruited halfway in.

1-4: Aran makes no difference again. He can, in my experience, get one tiger kill on this map, on turn 3 or 4. If Sothe leaves 2 tigers alive, one will just heal.

Aran and Micaiah can go east while Sothe heads west, and possibly shave off a turn or maybe two.

1-6-1: Only happens when he's speed blessed. If memory serves me right he has to be very blessed, actually. The AK's also do a surprisingly high amount of damage to him. And it's not like I underleveled him or he got def screwed.

I'll admit when I used Aran here he wasn't extremely useful. I ended up relying more on Meg since she could double. Still, Aran and Micaiah working together here should be able to finish the chapter quicker than you did.

1-7: Even when promoted, he still has to watch out for all the mages and doesn't have good enough AS to double the AK's (surprisingly)

I'm pretty certain promoted Aran -and he should be promoted at this point- can double Armors at least, and he should OHKO most mages.

1-8: Don't overestimate Tormod or Aran. The big problem this chapter is that those Draco's and bandits kill the civs before Aran can reach them, even with Rafiel taken into account. I've made a point of his terrible Res. Like I said, this leads him to be two shot by mages (and mages come in pairs) without a Seraph. He'll be left with maybe 4-8 HP after two mages with one, and that puts him into kill range for normal physical units. Tormod has decent avoid, but is 2-3H KO'd by physical units. He's also the only one who can deal with the Draco's, so he has to move into the swamp for a little while. He's also not good enough in my experience to take the boss and all units around him. A 4-5 turn clear isn't feasible with this team IMO.

The boss area is always Sothe's job. No exceptions. He loops around the top going east, clearing out the north and then he goes back south and finishes up there on turn 4 or 5 (I forget which). Tormod heads west to clear that area and Micaiah (with Resolve) and Aran help out where needed. Rafiel should be able to give Tormod enough range to kill the Draco on the last turn.

1-E: Aran's mage troubles and Tormod phys troubles just continue. That I completely rely on Sothe, Rafiel and BK to clear this chapter doesn't mean they're suddenly good.

The word I'm looking for here is 'adequate'. Besides, there aren't enough Mages that Aran can't contribute; Hell, he was a crucial unit when I used him.

Conclusion: What this effectively proved is that Aran is mostly not useful throughout part 1. Tormod makes a significant difference in 1-8, I'll give him that much, but it more or less ends there. So can we now just conclude Aran is a mediocre unit in part 1 in drafts and move on?

Jill is a worse Part 1 draftee than Aran. Does that make her a bad pick? And if you honestly think that Tormod contributes nothing in 1-7 and 1-E, then I don't know what to tell you except you're wrong. Sothe and 1 other (not Laura, Leo, Fiona or LEA) unit is really all you need to pull competitive turncounts in Part 1.

2-1: Indeed unavoidable to take double penalties in my case. Also Heather performs very poor in combat here.

Oh, boo-hoo. You have to take penalties like everyone else. Deal with it.

2-2: Painfully enough, I haven't figured out a way for Lucia to solo the combat in this chapter. Heather had bad combat in 2-1 and it continues this chapter. This means I more or less have to take a penalty for another unit, like Brom, to make this chapter possible.

Again, you're not the only one who'll have to take a penalty, although it looks like Integrity says Lucia + Heather is possible.

2-3: Admitted Kieran shouldn't do too poorly this chapter and there's NPC units available to me to make this chapter easier, but I'll still have to take a penalty for Geoffrey.

This chapter is possible with just Kieran, if I recall correctly (although you may miss out on the Speedwing). The boss will move off of the Seize point to attack your units once the door's broken, so Geoffrey only has to go around him and Seize.

2-E: Excuse me if I'm not comfortable with sending in an undrafted guy to kill the boss. But since defending really isn't possible or efficient, it's what I'll have to do.

Like Red Fox said, only I and Duke Tanas are able to not take a penalty here, so quit complaining.

part 3: Heather will probably just continue to have poor combat however and she and Kyza will most likely end up fighting over the Energy drops.

Heather should take BEXP to promote ASAP, and take crit-forges and Adept to be Mia-lite, but with 2-range. She shouldn't need the Energy Drop. Kyza needs an Energy Drop and Speedwing, but with some BEXP levels for Strength, he should ORKO every enemy for the rest of the game, as long as he gets Strike levels when he needs them (S before 3-8, and SS before Endgame, although he might need it for 4-3/4-4 Generals).

Units needing a significant chunk BEXP: Heather, Lucia, Kieran, Tormod, Micaiah, Aran. Heather and Aran need BEXP to simply sorta keep up. Their mediocre/bad combat leads them to gain little CEXP. Also most low turn strategies require very little contributions on their part. Micaiah has decent-ish combat, but is hampered by her poor defensive stats and also needs some degree of BEXP for her to hit 20 by the end of part 1. Though I suppose you can give her Paragon for one-two chapters. All the others have been explained for.

Heather and Kieran will only need BEXP to promote, after that they're good. Lucia, Micaiah and Tormod won't need any until Part 4 (when you'll have plenty, due to combined convoys). Aran will want BEXP once he caps Str/Skl/Def in 2nd Tier for some Speed, but once he hits 3rd Tier he will be one of your best units. You have more than enough BEXP for all of this, as long as you hit the BEXP limits in each chapter (except maybe 3-P).

Yes. I restarted.

Part 1

Prologue: 6/6 + 4

Business as usual. Since I don't feel like restarting till I get that one crit I need from the RNG, I just take the 6 turn where Micaiah takes the boss kill.

1-1: 7/13 + 8

Clear within 7 turns for max BEXP. Just like last time, penalty for Nolan.

1-2: 8/21 + 12

The same strategy again. I know it's possible to get a 6 turn, but I want Thani. Preferably before Fiona gives it to me. So, I accept the 8 turn. And take the penalty for Nolan.

1-3: 7/28 + 12

RFoF strategy. Aran isn;t useful enough to do anything but kill randoms here and there. By the by, the AK is far more inclined to hit Kurth from the south than from the west. Aran kills the steel axe fighter and the javelin soldier on the sides but can't have an impact on the strategy. I experimented with this, but the guy really just can't make an impact.

1-4: 7/35 + 12

Aran is BEXPed to level 8.98 and procs speed. Wow. All swords, axes, bows, Fortune, Shade and thunder tomes are sold. Beast killer is bought. Max MT iron lance forge is bought for Aran, max MT Light tome for Micaiah. Sothe gets +3 MT and +5MT iron knife forges.

This time, I split up between Sothe and Aran and Micaiah. In contrast to what RD said, while Micaiah and Aran can take East side defensively, they simply cannot play it offensively. What this boils down to is still a 7 turn clear, but this time with more EXP for Aran and Micaiah. This is probably as low as can be gone with this team (without getting lucky with Wrath, which is something I didn't care about)

If any one other DB was available to me, this chapter could have gone 2-3 turns lower.

1-5: 6/41 + 12

I notice Micaiah has 3 above average speed, and I also notice this doesn't get her to double. Aran gets the Seraph robe. Sothe gets another iron knife forge with +1MT. Aran gets BEXP till 99.

Just like the previous attempt, Aran and Micaiah go south, Sothe goes up the platform and has a jolly good time. The map is almost wiped almost empty on turn 3.

1-6-1: 9/50 + 12

This time, I don't forget to give Sothe a crapload of Knife forges. Aran is given the Energy drop because his Str is starting to lag, and that's something I simply can't have in this chapter. Sothe is given Adept.

2/3 armors come with 10 AS, so Aran is one AS away from doubling them. Too bad.

I get extremely lucky from turn 6 EP on and I clear on turn 9. This is very likely the best I can pull with this team. I'm pretty sure I can get the same or lower turns in total when I use Tauroneo for this part, even with the penalty factored in.

THIS WAS AN EXTREMELY LUCKY AND DICEY STRAT I USED. MICAIAH NEEDED TO GET MISSED 4-5 TIMES IN A ROW.

1-6-2: 3/53 + 12

I hope my supply of knives will last me. Aran shoves Sothe and then I pray he connects Adept (he doesn't). Aran hits 14 AS this chapter, and this means he starts doubling a number of enemies all of a sudden.

1-7: 6/59 + 12

Sothe trades Cancel for Savior. Aran is BEXPed till promotion. I lucked out with his speed hitting his level 20 average at level 16. Sothe gets another 2 max MT iron knife forges. Aran receives Cancel and Resolve.

Sothe carries Micaiah to the boss. Because Aran can't double the longbow archer, I lose a turn. 6 turn clear.

1-8: 6/65 + 12

Wrath off micaiah, Paragon on. Resolve off Aran and onto Tormod. Aran gets Wrath for lulz. Wyrmslayer bought, Javelin bought.

Yay a buttload of units to defend. I decide to try and let Tormod and Micaiah defend the south part of the map while Sothe takes the boss and Aran the west. Micaiah's poisoning fucks me over in the end a number of times, and thus I restart a number of times. Eventually I manage to pull it off and score a 6 turn. Made possible by Micaiah's and Aran's stat blessings I suppose.

1-9: 8/73 + 12

Since my Micaiah is blessed in pretty much everything, I might as well attempt the 4 turn strategy. Resolve is still on Tormod and she doesn't hit the 26 HP/Def. I guess I'll just clear it the old fashioned Oval way, then. Because Micaiah is still pretty insane, I decide to alter the strategy here and there to allow her to gain EXP.

1-E: 9/82 + 12

Micaiah BEXPed to level 20. Adept off Sothe and Resolve on. Adept on Tormod. Celerity off Tormod, for purpose of giving it to Ike. Ilyana takes brave sword, wyrmslayer, hammer, celerity and Blue Gem to the GM's. Sothe gets another pair of knives. Aran receives a max MT Steel lance.

ITC I rush up to the throne. I get the speedwing but not Vantage.

Part one ending thoughts: Aran is still overrated. I figure that last time, he got screwed in both speed and res, and that's what basically tore him apart. Luckily no such thing this PT. I'll change my opinion and call him decent, which is a tier up from mediocre. Tormod... Well, not revising my opinion on him, really. He has nice offense and okayish defense.

EDIT: Corrected turn counts.

EDIT2: proper credit for RFoF

Edited by Excelkitty

1-2: 8/21 + 12

The same strategy again. I know it's possible to get a 6 turn, but I want Thani. Preferably before Fiona gives it to me. So, I accept the 8 turn. And take the penalty for Nolan.

Not that 8 is particularly bad, but it is possible to do this in 7 turns with Sothe, Nolan, and Micaiah while getting both Thani and the Energy Drop.

1-3: 7/28 + 12

Sho strategy. Aran isn;t useful enough to do anything but kill randoms here and there. By the by, the AK is far more inclined to hit Kurth from the south than from the west. Aran kills the steel axe fighter and the javelin soldier on the sides but can't have an impact on the strategy. I experimented with this, but the guy really just can't make an impact.

That's my strat, by the way. As for the Armor, as far as I can tell it's simply random. All of the last few times I did it he attacked from the west side.

1-5: 6/41 + 12

Just like the previous attempt, Aran and Micaiah go south, Sothe goes up the platform and has a jolly good time. The map is almost wiped almost empty on turn 3.

Wait, did you get the Master Seal? This is easily the best place to get one on account of it always being 6 turns (so it can't possibly cost you).

1-8: 6/65 + 12

Wrath off micaiah, Paragon on. Resolve off Aran and onto Tormod. Aran gets Wrath for lulz. Wyrmslayer bought, Javelin bought.

Yay a buttload of units to defend. I decide to try and let Tormod and Micaiah defend the south part of the map while Sothe takes the boss and Aran the west. Micaiah's poisoning fucks me over in the end a number of times, and thus I restart a number of times. Eventually I manage to pull it off and score a 6 turn. Made possible by Micaiah's and Aran's stat blessings I suppose.

"No Battle Save abuse" doesn't mean "no Battle Save use." By the sounds of it you aren't Battle Saving at all. Not saying you have to, but it would make things less frustrating.

1-9: 8/73 + 12

Since my Micaiah is blessed in pretty much everything, I might as well attempt the 4 turn strategy. Resolve is still on Tormod and she doesn't hit the 26 HP/Def. I guess I'll just clear it the old fashioned Oval way, then. Because Micaiah is still pretty insane, I decide to alter the strategy here and there to allow her to gain EXP.

The 26 HP/Def is an estimate. In fact, it's fairly misleading (I really should edit it when I get the chance) because there's only one attack she needs to take to pull it off. Someone who gets to that map should check the Fighter's atk so we can know for sure what Micaiah needs.

1-E: 9/82 + 12

I'll change my opinion and call him decent, which is a tier up from mediocre.

And now you agree with the rest of us.

Much better but u could shave a turn or 2 in 1-endgame if u use black knight and carry mic with sothe savior to the throne. Ur 1-6-1 also couldve been better. Btw red fox i never could 6 turn with the drop but i got thani. I dont see a way to get the drop in 6 turns when u take into account that a fighter is chasing ur characters that sothe needs to kill.

Much better but u could shave a turn or 2 in 1-endgame if u use black knight and carry mic with sothe savior to the throne. Ur 1-6-1 also couldve been better. Btw red fox i never could 6 turn with the drop but i got thani. I dont see a way to get the drop in 6 turns when u take into account that a fighter is chasing ur characters that sothe needs to kill.

That's why it was 7 turns, not 6. Although it is possible to do it in 6 turns with the Drop, you'll miss Thani.

Much better but u could shave a turn or 2 in 1-endgame if u use black knight and carry mic with sothe savior to the throne. Ur 1-6-1 also couldve been better.

What did you think I did in Endgame? Just what you listed. I could have gotten one turn lower if a a longbow archer didn't decide to stand in my way. I'm pretty sure 9 turns on 1-6-1 is the best I can pull with my team. Like I said, extremely dicey way of doing things that used Micaiah to deal the peg knight reinforcements.Aran has his hands full on the armors and Sothe was running around back and forth to kill off most of the enemies.

@Red- Huh i couldve sworn i saw a 6 not 7 there @_@.

@excellen- ah the longbow archer i usually just drop mic and let him put her in resolve. But my mic is hp def blessed. About 1-6-1 i usually let resolve micaiah handle the armors and then the 2 pegs reinforcements. Ive never used aran before so cant comment on what he can help with here.

Edited by PegKnightLover

Not that 8 is particularly bad, but it is possible to do this in 7 turns with Sothe, Nolan, and Micaiah while getting both Thani and the Energy Drop.

Easily 6 turns with Nolan. Micaiah needs to chokepoint the room, while Nolan 2 ranges the other lance guy and hits both axe user. Next EP (turn 2) he kills them, while the figther moves down. Nolan goes to north 1/2 and then goes east covering the ledge square to the east. Sothe goes to the middle section. Micaiah moves near the ledges in order to kill the weakend fighter next turn. Laur goes up, then west one (up the second ledge point). On the next turn, Sothe kills the bow user then Laura moves. Nolan equips his hand axe and attacks the javeling guy. Micaiah kills the figther on this turn (she may need a few points of mag i'm not very sure on this one). Nolan kills the Javelin on EP. Turn 5 sothe kills the guy that chokepoiunts while Laura moves closer to the goal. Nolan must attack the myrmidon with his handaxe. He kills him on EP. He is usually facing 50-60% displayed hit here so it might require some battle saving. Turn 6 Nolan opens Thani chest, then Sothe gets drop, Laura flees.

Edited by Jhen Mohran

^ awesome. Too bad im too far into the game in my draft to even consider restarting. Besides my nolan is pretty blessed str wise. I think he has like 24 in lv6 or 7 in tier 2. The problem is his def >_>. He has 16 or 17 with the dracoshield.

4-E-1 4 turns

ike and giffca kill the sleepers with help from rafiel and pass. Marcia kills the mages to the left and lekain. Calill then kills the generals and giffca kills hetzel's. Ike stays in the middle and the others go right killing stuff.

4-E-2 1 turn

Gave ike the hammer. Blossom to skrimir and bexp to .99. Calill meteors levail and ORKOs. Broken. Had skrimir fight as much as posible on enemy phase and naesala for strike. Then bk sd'd.

4-E-3 1 turn

This one took a lot of figuring out. But i managed. Marciax micaiah c support. Calill x ike c support. Sorry oscar but i needed that damage boost. Ok ike kills the middle dragon with dragonfoe then skrimir and giffca and micaiah make the diamond with micaiah using rescue on calill to the middle. Calill moves to a cover and does 7 x 2 dmg to dheg thanks to ike. 86 hp left. Then rafiel gets smitten and vigors. Giffca and skrimir do 19x2 and 14x2 respectively. 48 then -28. 20 hp left. Ike does 6x2 with calill support. 8 hp left. Then micaiah rescues marcia and she finishes dheg off with wishblade. Gotta love rescue! Giffca and skrimir have a support together btw. C

ike 20.00 same dragonfoe

Micaiah 5.49 46 15 35 27 29 40 19 36 miracle paragon

Skrimir 35.25 76 24 3 18 17 25 22 10 nihil

Naesala 32.11 62 20 7 20 24 23 13 15 adept

Calill 20.00 50 20 38 34 32 30 22 38 nihil vantage

Stefan 11.35 55 30 7 39 39 21 22 17 paragon

oscar same

Zihark 14.28 49 30 11 40 40 26 20 24 cancel wrath

Marcia same adept savior

fiona 17.30 same

giffca 38.22 74 23 4 23 20 28 20 11 nihil pass

---

4-E-4 1 turn

Ike kills an aura (but not the lehran guard ones) then giffca skrimis and naesala move and transform and make the diamond. Ike skrimir and nestling kill auras. Then micaiah rescues calill (rescue breaks) and calill kills the 4th aura then giffca 1rkos lehran.

4-E-5 3 turns

fiona and brave lance oscar take care of spirits. Skrimir giffca and stefan zihark were the main aura killers. In turn 3, with rafiel's help i had enough to ko the 3 remaining auras and naesala stefan zihark weaken her. Then ike doubles and kills ashera. With 55 display hit x_x. I had to battle save and restart twice.

Kills:

Ike 2nd place 173 kills

Micaiah 72 kills

Sothe 4th 111 kills

Giffca 10 kills

Skrimir 32 kills

Naesala 29 kills

Marcia 5th 110 kills

Fiona 26 kills

Calill 82 kills

Stefan 7 kills

Zihark 3rd 141 kills

Oscar 1st 204 <-wow

Opinions:

Ike- ike. Hes ike. Ike is cool. He kills everything and doesnt afraid of anything. He reached enough spd to double ashera this time which is cool.

Micaiah- shes micaiah. Resolve thani helped 3 turn 4-P. In 4 endgame she helped thani'ing generals and fortify/rescuing. <3

Sothe- as always. Does a lot in part 1 helped a bit in part 3 then becomes obsolete in part 4. At least he can smite...

Giffca- hes awesome. Part of why i low turned endgame.

Skrimir- pretty good. I thoughthis spd would be troublesome but bexp solved it. Helped a lot against dheg and in the desert.

Naesala- helped a bit though nothing too special. Wish he had gotten ss rank in time. :/

Marcia- <3 <3 <3 <3. Such a beast. And beautiful too. She helped a lot in 2-3 and 3-9. Helped me low turn 3-11 and 3-E. Destroyed everyone in 4-2. And raepd izuka.

Fiona- :/ damn shes terrible. All that bexp feeding and she only started killing things in part 4.

Calill- wow. Best mage in the game. Demolished the desert. 1rkod everything in 4-P. Meteor awesomeness etc etc. Fire magic is awsum. <3

Stefan- ur bad. At least he helped in 4-E-5 but way too little screen time.

Zihark- hmm. Idk what to think. His growths bother me. He never proc'd def. Hes so frail. But he obv helped a lot in the db chapters.

Oscar- BROKEN. His usefulness died in endgame but still...wow. He absolutely destroyed part 3.

Thanks to Kp for drafting an excellent team.

Final turncount:

Part 1: 85

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Final: 276

Congratz on finishing the draft! You are like a beast with them.

Sorry about Fiona lol. Someone told me she turned out decent in NM because of the BEXP.

Congratz on finishing the draft! You are like a beast with them.

Sorry about Fiona lol. Someone told me she turned out decent in NM because of the BEXP.

Thanks ^_^. At least fiona helped in 4-2 and endgame. I just wish she had done something in part 1 and 3.

@ulki- wow that's...screwage to the max.

Part 2

2-P: 8/90 + 12 (8/8)

This chapter again. Eincia rescues Leanne once again and sits on a cloud the entire chapter.

2-1: 8/98 + 20 (8/16 + 8)

Unfortunately forced to take the double penalty for Brom and Neph. Bah. I basically rush this chapter. The RNG simply fucks me over this chapter. All enemies hit Neph 100% of the time and she doesn't activate Wrath like she's supposed to. Oh and I get the Ashera icon too.

2-2: 9/107 + 20 (9/25 + 8)

Annoying chapter and I'm glad it's over. Somebody is probably going to yell this could have pulled lower turns but whatever.

2-3: 6/113 + 24 (6/31 + 12)

Annoying Chapters; The Part continues. Kieran gets his silver and Killer Axe, and two extra Hand Axes.

At first I try to let Kieran run ahead and destroys everything in his way while Geoffrey has his NPC's form a wall around him and follows Kieran. This doesn't work out, so I decide it's time for me to accept a penalty for Geoff and use him. I go back to the base and outfit Geoff with a javelin, and then try to have him and Kieran rush to the seize tile. I have to restart this chapter well over 10 times because there's always just something fucking it up. Interesting, I also get the speedwing.

2-E: 2/115 + 28 (2/33 + 16)

Annoying chapters; The Part comes to an end. Elincia is BEXPed to 22 Str, which translates to 4 levels of BEXP.

I get shit RNG (100% hit on Elincia) at first, so a number of restarts later, she finally survives both phases and Ludveck is dead on turn 2 EP.

Part 2 ending thoughts: Kieran might very well be the second-best CRK to draft. With some luckier unit placement I might have shaven off an extra turn on 2-3. Lucia proved very useful in 2-2, though I suspect I could have gone 2-ish turns lower on that one. Heather was kinda useless except for taking a reinforcement hit in 2-2. All in all I don't think I've done too badly this part, but the number of penalties just pisses me off.

Part 3

Part 3 kicks off with the GM kicking some rebel ass.

3-P: 9/124 +28 (9/9)

This is where the fun starts. Any and all skills are removed from people I didn't draft, Ike is given Adept and Vantage, Titania is given provoke. Titania gets Boyd's killer and hand axes, Ike gets Mia's Wo Dao and steel sword.

Ike and Titania rush to the boss while the other GMs hide. I am annoyed because base level Titania does not double. I am annoyed even more by the feeling that Skrimir's team slows completion down. And that's all because the AI is dumb as shit. Skrimir arrives on turn 9.

3-1: 11/135 +28 (11/20)

All BEXP I got last chapter is poured into Titania. This puts her at lvl20.76, here's to her promoting this chapter.

I forgot to let Lethe keep her laguz stone in part 2 and I'm paying for that now. I have to protect a fuckton of units with just 2. Even though they're both incredibly competent, this is simply more than two walls can achieve. In the end I end up sacrificing Lyre and Lethe so no undrafted units will face combat.

Titania promotes on turn 4 and then I try to just mop the entire chapter up. Unfortunately, the RNG hates me once again and I can't take this chapter half as quickly as I'd like to. I pull a 11 turn clear. This would have been 8 or 9 if I had a third character to use, preferably one of Boyd, Mia or Gatrie.

3-2: 3/138 +28 (3/23)

Heather & co join me to be useless, I think. Adept off Ike and Celerity on. I decide to stick Disarm instead of Vantage on him for now. Adept goes onto Titania instead of Provoke and Wrath and Vantage go onto Heather. Heather also gets BEXPed to .99. All lances, bows and tomes are sold, as well as the blue gems and spectre card.

Heather gets a max MT & crit steel knife forge and it gets coin'd with +2 MT for a total of 11 MT. She also gets a max MT & crit iron forge. I buy a number of wind edges, as they will probably be Ike's main offensive weapons. Also gets 2 steel blades. For Titania, I buy 5 hand axes as well as a few steel poleaxes. After all of that, I consider my shopping spree done. Heather gets the Seraph to increase her durability.

The chapter itself is easy. Titania rushes the fuck out of it and unfortunately doesn't activate the Adept or Sol needed to get me a turn 3 clear. Heather kills a couple of random enemies for EXP but has no further significance.

3-3: 10/148 +28 (10/33)

Ike and Titania finally start building their support. It may last the entire rest of the game.

I always liked this map(and stealing stuff from senators). Ike and Heather deal with the lower supplies while Titania rushes to get the ones farthest away. I clear on turn 10, but could have gotten less if I had less of a clusterfuck on the entrenchement near the boss. I also get the master crown. Also forgot I had a free unit.

3-4: 8/156 +28 (8/41)

Stuff is sold, Heather gets another max MT & crit steel forge. I buy an Olivi grass in advance for Kyza. Heather is BEXPed to .99 again (as in each chapter)

I go LHS. The fact I've once again got a unit to protect from long range annoys me. After having to deal with a mess on turn 7, I clear on turn 8. (Kyza was at 1 HP, I am not regretting giving him the draco)

3-5: 3/159 + 28 (3/44)

Yay it's the defense chapter, and I'm defending a swiss cheese called a castle. He gets Adept and Smite for now. I'm hoping that will get his strike level up soon. Kysha gets 4 levels of BEXP for now, I might give him more in the near future.

Titania rushes Lombroso while Ike and Heather hang back and defend. A 2 turn of this chapter is possible if Titania (or anyone with 9 base mov) receives Celerity, but that hinges entirely on Titania activating Sol on turn 2 EP on Lombroso, which I don't care to reset for.

3-6: 9/168 +28 (9/53)

Woop de shoop, it's the DB again. This gives me a moment to log their stats, though.

Character	Level	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
Micaiah	20/1	32	8	21	16	19	26	9	21
Sothe	8	39	20	4	26	22	19	16	12
Aran	20/3	38	22	7	23	17	9	22	8

Sothe gets BEXPed to 10.99, Aran to 4.99. I buy the beast killer for Sothe and Beastfoe goes on Aran. Sothe gets Paragon. Micaiah gets Wrath once again and is outfitted with some staves.

Aran goes East, Sothe and Micaiah go north. I get a 9 turn.

3-7:

Kysha and Heather get BEXPed to .99.

What can I say? It's a defense chapter. Kysha's transfomr gauge is bad, he can only see two? turns of combat.

3-8: 8/190 + 28 (8/71)

Titania gets Provoke and Daunt. Janaff is BEXPed one level and I Satori him. Kysha and Heather are .99'd again. I sell an Ashera Icon I still had lying around and some miscelaneous stuff and buy Heather yet another max MT & crit steel forge. Ike and Titania build their B support.

Another rout chapter. Titania solos the right part, everyone else the left. I don't get a 7 turn clear because the brave sword breaks halfway through the last enemy (lol)

3-9: 4/194 + 28 (4/75)

Kieran gets as much BEXP as possible poured into him, which leaves him at level 18. I then crown him. Adept goes on him. He lacks the AS to double the boss, even with the speedwings I still have lying around. The paragons and nihil are taken off their respective owners.

Kieran moves up, gets a lucky hand axe Sol on the armor knight on turn 3, then attacks Roark on turn 4 and finishes him with a crit on EP. Would like to have had the BEXP I got at the end of this chapter (10k) before this for Kieran.

3-10: 7/201 + 28 (7/82)

Kysha x Heather C is forged. +1 atk +1 def is something they both want. I BEXP Heather up to 20.00(she maxes str) and then master crown her. I'm hoping she will now be more useful than she's been the last 2 parts. Kysha and Janaff are BEXPed to .99, as is standard fare. I buy Titania some hand axes because she ran out, and give her a +3 MT hand axe forge. I try out Wildheart on Janaff.

Woop de fucking do it's a rout. I push through the south with Titania, everyone else pushes up to Elincia, because the CRK are flatout incompetent. I at first try to let Titania simply move through the AK wall so they'd aggro and come after her, but that unfortunately didn't turn out to be the case. I clear in 7 turns.

3-11: 7/208 + 28 (7/89)

Yay I get access to two paragons and whatever came with the CRK convoy. This means I have a lot to sell. Lots of units are BEXPed to .99 yet again. Kyza is turning out screwed (under average Str and Spd), which doesn't sit well with me AT ALL, but at least he hit S strike last chapter. I'm hoping he will max out one stat so I can BEXP the fuck out of him. (when he caps one stat, he gains an average of 2.8 stats per level). I give him the Speedwing to hurry this process up. Kyza gets Paragon instead of Smite, Adept goes off Kieran and on to Janaff, he gets Paragon in return.

Ike gets Ragnell and won't ever be needing a sword again. I forgot to pass along Savior. Oh fuck... I now have to try to give Ike optimal move every turn. Ike kills the first shine barrier sage on turn 2 and Titania stands on the tile where the second will be. No shine barrier fucked overness for me =). Kyza maxes his spd. 7 turn clear. Would have been faster had I loaded Titania with Savior and Celerity.

3-12: 5/213 + 28 (5/94)

BEXP Aran to 14, Sothe to 18. Crown Aran, then give him a speedwing and boots. His level 14 stats are almost the same as his average 20/20 stats. Resolve goes on him, paragon goes on Micaiah. Buy one more Beastkiller for Sothe, then have a field trip and buy Aran and Sothe good good weapons.

Aran runs down and gets as many kills as he can. Sothe lures some enemies up for Micaiah to kill. This all isn't helped by the fact enemies like attacking NPCs that much more and that, again, RD NPC AI is poorly done. Clear on turn 5. If my friendly NPC AI would have been better, it would have been a 4 turn. (on turn 5 I needed to kill a grand total of 1 more unit, and during the turn 4 NPC phase they were very much capable of killing this one halberdier).

3-13: 3/216 + 28 (3/98)

Yoink! I can't find Pass anywhere! I BEXP Micaiah up to level 12. She gets a physic. Unfortunately forgot to unequip Ragnell. This chapter is gonna be a lot of fun. Resolve crit on turn 3.

3-E: 6/222 + 28 (6/104)

Kyza is BEXPed to level 40. Yes. Level cap. This way he at least ends up. He caps HP, skl, spd and lck. Str ends up at 21, which is at the very least above average. I save the rest of my BEXP for promoting Lucia for now. Kysha gets his Satori, loses Paragon and receives Wildheart. Heather trades her Kysha support for the much cooler Janaff.

Another rout. The purpose of this chapter is to kill 80 units as fast as possible. Thinking the Hawks and beasts will handle themselves, I charge through the middle. Titania goes ahead and kills a whole lot of people. I kind of regret leaving the DB without weapons.

I end up with 78 kills at the end of turn 5 EP. Wow. You guessed it, 6 turn clear.

Part 3 ending thoughts: All in all I think I could have shaved at least 10 turns off my part 3 turncount. While most/all turncounts are pretty decent, they're not great and certainly not optimized. Too bad I'm not a stickler for optimization, eh?

Statsheet:

Character	Level	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
Micaiah	20/12	36	9	30	21	21	36	9	30
Sothe	19	40	22	7	26	29	26	16	15
Aran	20/14/3	48	30	13	28	26	15	29	15
Heather	20/3	45	24	16	29	33	26	19	23
Lucia	14	38	18	10	27	27	19	14	15
Kieran	18/5	52	30	10	26	23	18	28	15
Ike	20/1	54	29	6	32	30	18	25	15
Titania	20/10	51	34	17	31	30	27	26	19
Kyza	40	75	21	3	18	15	30	19	5
Janaff	32	58	18	2	21	18	32	12	8

• 4 months later...

Good evening, people.

I see how poor progress this draft has made, and it saddens me that the 10th FE10 draft would be like this. I should have gone with that SOYO I had in mind. And my idea and proposal is the following:

I want to reboot this from scratch and remake it into a SOYO, if it isn't too much trouble for the participants (Excellen, PKL, I'm looking at you). I want to make this one rather interesting, see how it goes.

What do you think, guys?