(FE10) Yet another Radiant Dawn Draft

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of Edward or Nolan is free in each of 1-P, 1-1, and 1-2 (you don't have to use the same one in each chapter).

Does this mean I can't use Edward after 1-P for free.

I don't like Nolan that much. His defense is nice, is speed is awful. Of course, I could have been RNG screwed. Most of this is going off personal experience, since I haven't studied FE10 much...

Oscar!

Oh, and Xander, you better take Meg and Fiona before they're gone. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

It's like everyone cooperated to dismantle my part 1 .-.

Well, Nolan was right there, although Titania is arguably a better pick, so... Besides, Meg is actually pretty good in drafts (she got more kills than Ike in my last draft, but that's probably because I had Titania also).

Does this mean I can't use Edward after 1-P for free.

No, you can still choose one of Edward or Nolan to use for free. Of course, since you have Nolan anyway, you'll pick Edward.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

This will probably be a stupid question, but...in drafting, how good is Oscar exactly? I've never ever tried him in average play either. =/ And I never saw any drafted playlog talking about him, or anything.

This will probably be a stupid question, but...in drafting, how good is Oscar exactly? I've never ever tried him in average play either. =/ And I never saw any drafted playlog talking about him, or anything.

Neither have I, actually... In a draft, I'd assume he'd perform similar to Titania after a couple of chapters, but he might be more reliant on forges.

Ilyana, come here

@Soul Oscar is pretty good, he's like a mini Titania, except his lack of strength keeps him from being as good, and his low speed cap keeps him from doubling as often.

Edited by Xander

Ilyana, come here

@Soul Oscar is pretty good, he's like a mini Titania, except his lack of strength keeps him from being as good, and his low speed cap keeps him from doubling as often.

But his Earth support with Ike means massive evasion!

Shinon, Elincia

For some of the DB chapters (1-4 is one that comes to mind) I may end up having to take a 4 turn penalty like a man :( it sure as hell will be shorter than not doing so :P Once 1-6 hits it's smooth sailing what with Zihark and Sothe.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Where was it posted?

Anyways, so far I'm coming up with things:

1-P should be fine. Pretty straightforward; I never used Leonardo in 1-P so I'm not saddened at the fact that I can't use him.

1-1 will be... irritating, a little bit. Does the boss move? If he doesn't, then it shouldn't be all that bad; I can have Micaiah attack him while Nolan takes a chokepoint.

1-2 will also be irritating, but having edward and leonardo go in front of the thing and having Nolan help with a chokepoint should be fine for me. Sothe can handle himself, after all.

1-3 I cannot imagine being too difficult. It's the first chapter I can't use anyone, but it isn't all that bad as far as I can think of; I was looking at dondon's stuff and kurth makes a mighty meatshield while i keep my characters out of combat. Thani also helps take care of some things. I'll miss out on Aran but I'll live.

1-5 shouldn't be too bad compared to 1-4 or 1-3. I'm assuming I can't use Volug at all in Part 1, but Zihark can easily cover himself up there (with Tauro and Jill) and it shouldn't be hard to get Volug out of the way for Sothe and Micaiah. Sothe is fine by himself, it's just finding a good place for Micaiah that will be difficult.

1-6-2 is where it'll start getting easy as I can imagine, what with Zihark/Sothe/Micaiah being able to wreck everything. I'm assuming I can't use Tauro or Volug in this map either. 1-6-2 isn't going to be too bad compared to 1-6-1 and I can live through that as well.

1-7 won't be too bad either. I'm thinking a ZiharkxMicaiah support but I'll look up the practicality of that in a moment.

1-8 will not be too bad either so long as I can get Vika to just transform and rescue one villager.

1-9 is straightforward and 8-turn

1-F... just abusing the fuck out of BK will suffice, Zihark/Sothe should be at high levels at this point anyway. Rafiel could help things a little bit.

It's kind of odd to think about NM atm cause last time I played was when I beat my HM file.

I'm worried about part 2 right now. 2-P and 2-1 are easy enough, but I don't have any units for 2-2, nor will I have anyone for 2-3 so far (except Geoffrey, but he can come pretty close to soloing the map anyway). I'm not quite there yet as far as thinking goes anyway, so while I'm worried I still have hope.

2-F will hopefully end up somewhat straightforward, I just need to figure out a practical way to lure out the boss and then have Elincia kill him. The only thing I can really think of to do is bring all my yellow units to the center and take the entire 15 turns to beat it, while Geoffrey's group can (err... just Geoffrey, in other words) can take out the bottom.

Greil maps I should be fine with, considering the only thing Ike fears is Mages (but Shinon is there for that). If I end up getting ZiharkxMicaiah to A then 3-13 won't worry me; in fact not much of Part 3 worries me at this moment. I just need to abuse the fuck out of forging.

And I think it's WAY too early to think about Part 4 now.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Where was it posted?

Anyways, so far I'm coming up with things:

1-1 will be... irritating, a little bit. Does the boss move? If he doesn't, then it shouldn't be all that bad; I can have Micaiah attack him while Nolan takes a chokepoint.

I have had him move before, after i attakce him once, although i don't know if that was because i passed a certain turn, or because i attacked him.

I'm pretty sure there's a definite 7 turn strategy for 1-3 with just Sothe and Micaiah going either right or left, though left requires Thani and may require Micaiah to get a few Mag level ups. I don't know them off the top of my head, though I may be able to write them down.

I have had him move before, after i attakce him once, although i don't know if that was because i passed a certain turn, or because i attacked him.

Yeah he moves the next turn if you attack him and fail to kill.