Red Fox's index of draft strategies for Radiant Dawn

Florete

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it Nealuchi doesn't dodge too well in HM unless he's in clouds ^^' and thats awesome! Nealuchi is in my team again and I'm going to use that strategy thanks alot Vicious Sal :^_^:

Neal's a good pick. You should be able to do 2-E in 3 turns at the most. (that's what i got, and I'm horrible at beating chapters fast) & Even though he disappears for a long time he does pretty nice in P4.

I also see you wound up with Aran/Laura like i did... O.O

Neal's a good pick. You should be able to do 2-E in 3 turns at the most. (that's what i got, and I'm horrible at beating chapters fast) & Even though he disappears for a long time he does pretty nice in P4.

I also see you wound up with Aran/Laura like i did... O.O

Laura is really good just like you said, and Aran i'm trying him out ^^' at first I thought Meg was better but now I can see why he's considered better although I wish he had her amazing speed

Laura is really good just like you said, and Aran i'm trying him out ^^' at first I thought Meg was better but now I can see why he's considered better although I wish he had her amazing speed

Aran's spd growth isn't as good, but his caps are far better. Glad you like Laura :D

What's the 4 turn strategy for 2-1 I've seen in some drafts?

In my current run I think I could actually have done it in 3 turns because Nephenee crit-killed the first Armor. Technically two turns was possible, but it would require Brom to land a 1% crit twice. Unless you go that far (the two turns, but ironically that is something my rules don't allow), 3 or 4 turns probably isn't optimal even if it's possible because you can't recruit Heather until turn 5, and her Pass scroll could very easily save a drafter at least as many turns as it costs.

3 or 4 turns probably isn't optimal even if it's possible because you can't recruit Heather until turn 5, and her Pass scroll could very easily save a drafter at least as many turns as it costs.

Good point about Pass. While I do have the DB's one, I can imagine that two would save turns for 3-3 as well as 4-4 and 4-5 (since you can't use it in both if you only have 1). I guess 5 turns is what I'll shoot for.

That's brilliant, is it possible on HM?

Probably Not, draco's probably will have higher defense, better hit rates, etc. Just try it out.

The trading was btw obvliously for nephenee in the next chapter, even though haar could send that to Leanne. It's just showing that it's possible.

So... Have fun with it. :)

BrowCrow Reaching Sal-Strike. 8D

I assume it's a lot of Luck/wrath crit manipulation to break through the Armors to the right.

You just need to be able to double the Javelin!Armor.

Red Fox: My 1-2 strat doesn't work with Hard Mode unless Leonardo is drafted. If Leonardo is drafted, you can afford some slight modifications (and Edward can easily ferry Laura in that case), though you need to manipulate a little bit (the Fighter above the ledge must have 6 Def and the Soldiers must not have 11 AS if you have a base Micaiah) though but it works. If Leonardo isn't drafted, then it's a 7-turn if you want Thani (but this allows Sothe to nab the Steel Bow from the Archer).

If Leonardo is drafted, you basically want to have Leonardo attack the Fighter and Nolan to kill it. Then, Leonardo blocks the ledge while Nolan goes to the left and hand axes the Soldier, which will suicide on Turn 2 EP. Then, Turn 3 he uses a Vulnerary and equips the Steel Axe, kills the Myrmidon on Turn 4, and then he can nab the chests. Edward wants to have Laura rescued by Turn 3, wants to move up on Turn 4 (all enemies will suicide into Sothe), drop Laura to the east on Turn 5, then Shove Laura and Laura can Arrive on Turn 6. Sothe kills the soldier blocking the boss' room on Turn 6, and then nabs the Strength drop.

If Leonardo isn't drafted, it gets complicated. Nolan attacks the guy to the north, that's fine and dandy, the problem is that he needs to spend his next turn eating a Vulnerary. Micaiah blocks the chokepoint, as always. Sothe does what he does normally, except on Turn 7 he kills the Steel Bow Archer since the chapter hasn't ended yet. On turn 4 EP the Soldier at the bottom should be dead, and on Turn 5 Nolan descends, Turn 6 Nolan nabs the Myrmidon kill, and then opens a chest. Laura/her ferry do the same thing they do in the other strategy, and Micaiah needs to keep popping vulneraries. I don't think this is the most efficient way to do it, since I 6-turned my run and that's probably the lowest i'll get out of it.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

I'm a little unsure with what I should do in 1-2 anyway. I'm not sure if I should do it with Nolan or without him because drafts may or may not keep one of him and Edward free. Or I could do both, I guess. It's just that there's a lot going on in the map and it makes it difficult to make a single sure-fire strategy what with Thani, Energy Drop, getting Laura to the end, etc.

How do you do 1-2 without Nolan efficiently? Sothe just goes around and kills everything he sees, then nabs Thani from a chest?

He can't even nab Thani, I don't think. Micaiah needs to tank the guys at the left else she'll die or you'll get a penalty and Sothe doesn't have range to kill the Soldier in the way.

This is an unintentional project thread and I don't even know what to do with it now.