stuff i made

Agro

10:21 pm, tired, and I've got nothing better to do than draw little people on my computer.. :facepalm:

Oh well:

henrik2.png=>jshzwo.png

When mixing hairstyles, or hair from different people, you need to put a little effort into it to make it work.

Also, when you move things around to make them smaller, armour for instance, you're going to need to touch that up too.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm supposed to be working on the FE12 translation, but screw that, right? lol

henrik3.png

Some of my adjustments and some of yours. How's he looking now? Better, I should hope.

edit: argh there's a dodgy spot on his chin

Edited by Agro

briella.png

ruby1-1.png

Made some more splices, I guess. I wasn't sure what to do with Ninian's leftover hair thing, so I just decided to keep it since it didn't look horrible. I also want to shoot myself for using Fir's ponytail, but nothing else seemed to really work, and I have no idea how to make thiefgirl's fringe look consistent :/

Edited by Agro

For the first one I think the the neck is shaded too jaggedly and there's not really any transition from her neck to where it meets her upper body. The hair crown appears to be at a different angle than the way she's facing and the rest of her hair. Also, the bit of hair near her shoulder on our left POV looks kind of stubby?

The second one has a problem with her left (our right) hair bang. It looks really puffy and doesn't flow well. The shading on where the bang meets the side of her head is also really thick and noticeable, and the hair crown isn't defined so it makes it seem like her hair is coming out of a lot of places. Also, the cape could be smoother in terms of shading.

Other than that though, I really like your splices.

Just my two cents.

• 1 month later...

bronwyn.png

Decided to redo a character's mug completely. The armour is a temporary solution while I attempt to find something that works for her. Hopefully the number of discernible parts for the face has been decreased?

• 1 month later...

Made a lot of new stuff, namely some map sprites and stuff like that. And more splices!

malecavalierstanding-2.pngfemalecavalierstanding-2.pngmaleswordknightstanding.pngfemaleswordknightstanding.png

malecavaliermoving-2.pngfemalecavaliermoving_fixed-2.pngmaleswordknightmoving.pngfemaleswordknightmoving.png

You are absolutely more than welcome to use any of the map sprites as long as you credit me.

mace-1.pnghera.pngconnor.pngammon.png

bah cbf splicing armour

Edited by Agro

They're pretty clean splices! Though I wish their bodies where spliced instead of recolours.

Two things!

1. I think the girl's collar shouldn't end so abruptly at her neck like it does. I think you should extend the collar a pixel or two on the right side (opv) so that the collar doesn't look like it is skin-tight to the neck.

2. The thief's body doesn't look like it is at angle with his head. I wasn't quite sure how to explain it so I quickly edited the body to fix the angle!

AngleFix.png

You could definitely make it better than I did since I didn't spend much time at it but I think it shows what way the body should turn so that's it at the angle of the face.

Best of luck. :)

bronwyn.png

Decided to redo a character's mug completely. The armour is a temporary solution while I attempt to find something that works for her. Hopefully the number of discernible parts for the face has been decreased?

Just to clarify, I'm absolutely not insinuating any sort of theft whatsoever.

I was just vaguely reminded of a terrible splice I made awhile back using similar bases.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

1. I think the girl's collar shouldn't end so abruptly at her neck like it does. I think you should extend the collar a pixel or two on the right side (opv) so that the collar doesn't look like it is skin-tight to the neck.

2. The thief's body doesn't look like it is at angle with his head. I wasn't quite sure how to explain it so I quickly edited the body to fix the angle!

AngleFix.png

You could definitely make it better than I did since I didn't spend much time at it but I think it shows what way the body should turn so that's it at the angle of the face.

Best of luck. :)

oh hey that makes sense

Also lol like you could ever make something terrible jelly

• 1 month later...

soldierfoverworldnormal.gifsoldieroverworldnormal.gif

soldierfoverworldhighlighted.gifsoldieroverworldhighlighted.gif

WIPs for a new soldier overworld sprite I'm making. Probably need to fix the timings but oh well lol

Edited by Agro

Motion blur might not be the best choice (not much going on, other arm is moving but not blurring, distance moved < 6 pixels, having a no blur frame makes it look PERFECT), but if you wanna keep at it...

bluhrhrh.png A literal 4-into-1 frame blur. At least keep the dark blacks/browns in the middle shaft area for your blur frame.

One other thing to point out would be this:

a90363386dcca97d14ffbc1a459b4aaa.png

See how there's the yellowish dirt outline going around the houses? IS designed houses to have the dirt and path tiles around them rather than grass. As you have it now makes it stick out jarringly.