[FE10] The "Does Haar Need to be Banned?" RD NM draft.

Florete

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shes a pegknight in disguise in this game obv. Jill ALWAYS dies for me in every playthrough at least once. Shes so suicidal and that hp is too low. Not to mention her res sux at that point and theres a mage that attacks her in turn 1. >_>

Shes a pegknight in disguise in this game obv. Jill ALWAYS dies for me in every playthrough at least once. Shes so suicidal and that hp is too low. Not to mention her res sux at that point and theres a mage that attacks her in turn 1. >_>

The mage isn't a problem (in Normal Mode), since it dies pretty quickly. She just gets swarmed later on.

What sucks is that I lost a +Speed level up on Ilyana...

Edited by Radiant Kitty

I don't tend to have problems with Jill surviving in NM, only HM. Like the time she attacked an enemy - one that she couldn't kill - and it killed her in return. I raged.

I thought I had made Volug free in 1-5 for this. Seems I forgot.

Yeah, I had to restart once after rereading the exceptions as well. This chapter's becoming kind of annoying.

I know as well as anyone that it's bad form to change rules after drafting has been done, but if no one is opposed, we can add it now. It's not like it devalues him or any other characters seeing as it's 1-5.

I don't tend to have problems with Jill surviving in NM, only HM. Like the time she attacked an enemy - one that she couldn't kill - and it killed her in return. I raged.

The Fire Emblem universe: Where green is the new red (and yellow ain't much better, in RD at least).

Edited by Metal King Slime

Think of everyone and not just yourself, at least (unless you're being sarcastic).

But it is a legitimate reason, at least in general. It just doesn't change anything as far as 1-5 goes because it's 6 turns with or without him.

You guys can decide what you want for this draft, but for future drafts...

I would say Volug should be a penalty, it's not an impossible map without him(Maybe HM, no personal experience there) and it takes away from drafting him if he's free for a map.

I'm playing through 1-5 now, and Jill died for the first time in any of my playthroughs of this game. Why can't she have more Wyvern Rideresque stats?

Really? I have had Jill die so much there ;_; normally in HM like rfof said.

Not really, considering he does nothing to speed up it's completion.

But, think of it this way. If I have nobody to use on 1-5 I may take a volug penalty(I have done this a couple of times in drafts) OR I could pick Volug, already I've saved turns. If there's no penalty, I have less reason to pick Volug, since I can just use him to beat 1-5. That's all of 1-P through 1-5 with only Sothe Miccy, and it's almost to easy.

But, think of it this way. If I have nobody to use on 1-5 I may take a volug penalty(I have done this a couple of times in drafts) OR I could pick Volug, already I've saved turns. If there's no penalty, I have less reason to pick Volug, since I can just use him to beat 1-5. That's all of 1-P through 1-5 with only Sothe Miccy, and it's almost to easy.

Why would you need more than Sothe and Micaiah to finish 1-5? It's a Survive map.

Why would you need more than Sothe and Micaiah to finish 1-5? It's a Survive map.

Jill dying, it's caused me to use a Volug penalty to protect her.

EDIT: while I'm no brilliant strategist, and there was probly a way around it, he still makes that map a whole lot easier.

Edited by Fenrir

Unfortunately, I don't have any clear data because I am stupid, so I'll have to wait starting this until I either finish HM (on part III...not likely), finish my other draft (on desert. Most likely will finish within a few days), or zip through easy mode (again, a few days and I should be done!)

Jill dying, it's caused me to use a Volug penalty to protect her.

Then if everyone needs to use Volug to save her, he should be free. If not, it's a Survive map anyway, so it doesn't really matter one way or the other.

EDIT: @ RD you can have eddy/Nolan/Aran to help here, my main point is that it just takes away from drafting him. But like i said, pay no attention to my opinion for this draft.

Just imagine Tibarn being free for P4, you wouldn't want to pick him. This is obviously not even close to that scale, but I just don't like the idea of free units.(MOAR PAIN FOR THE DRAFTEES)

Unfortunately, I don't have any clear data because I am stupid, so I'll have to wait starting this until I either finish HM (on part III...not likely), finish my other draft (on desert. Most likely will finish within a few days), or zip through easy mode (again, a few days and I should be done!)

For the love of God, finish the draft! :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm a guy who has done like, 3 RD drafts, finished none.

Edited by Fenrir