Dolph

Roger

Chiki

Villuck

Maccellan

Thomas

Discuss.

Edited by Sagekitty

Marth moved to top tier, the AI is easy to take advantage of if Marth is at a high level seeing as they always go for them even if there's a Gordon with 1 HP beside him.

Ellis moved to bottom tier because the Priest EXP gain is wonky and most enemies can OHKO her at that point. Granted, she does have the Ohm Staff, it's unnecessary seeing as death is not required at all in FE1.

Feel free to say otherwise, I only breezed through FE1, so I might not have much knowledge of it as others who took their time to smell the flowers.

And Rena's on the list twice.

I myself am puzzled at this list. For example, what makes Jeigan so bad here and not anywhere else? Why is Darros a tier above Doga? Why is Alan so high? Same with Raddy and Roshe?

This is one reason I posted the list here. So I could get insight from people who've played this game before.

I don't think Jeigan should be top of top tier in FE1. Shiida/Sheeda can wield his Silver lance from the get go, Abel is 1 or 2 levels from both wielding it(70% weapon level growth) and matching Jeigans stats. Barring his 1 extra move, in FE1 he doesn't do as well in comparison Abel,Kain or Hardain than he does in the H5 of FE11 game.

Is Jegen really the only person that stands out in bottom tier honestly, I find it a strange that Riff (Regardless of the stupid way healers gain exp, a healer is still useful), Doga (Bad movement, meh bases plus no promotion isn't good but being available in EVERY Chapter has to count for something right), Thomas (I know Archers suck in this game and he joins under leveled but WORST UNIT in the game is a little harsh don't you think) are all below EST of all people really?!?

I think a better argument that could be made for Thomas is that he's 2 levels away from being a sniper, which is automatically 14 Speed because promotion mechanics in this game is hilarious. While he's basically the most throwaway archer ever, I'd still take that over Michellan being a derp.

Rena can use warp without any exp put into her (so can Maria, Boa, Ellis, and Wendell I guess) and Hammerne is her prf staff=more warp/other good stuff...top tier for all of them (except Ellis because she joins late)?

Out of curiosity out of anyone who has posted in this topic, who has actually played through the entirety of this game?

Edited by Salad Utensil

Out of curiosity out of anyone who has posted in this topic, who has actually played through the entirety of this game?

I have, and I'm of the opinion that this game is awful. I only suggested the change for Thomas cause I'm nitpicky.

So I have a list of suggestions:

-Jeigan to Top tier

-Wolf to Low tier

-Zaggaro to Bottom Tier

-Rena up

-Barst>Navarre

-Darros to Bottom

-Doga up

-Thomas up

-Est down

-Elice to bottom tier

-Alan down

-Roshe down

-Gordon down

-Boah way up

-Kashim up

I grew curious because of this topic and the awesome SA LP of this game. This game is very very different from Shadow Dragon - you can't just assume it's like a no reclass run on there.

First off, Sheeda's strength blows, and there's no Wing Spear, no forges, and no forged Wing Spear to make up for it. She was alright vs pirates (no weapon triangle in this game) but right now she's frequently dealing so little damage she might as well not be there at all.

Jeigan is cool. Yes, I know I'm not very far in, but I remember that in FE3 B1 enemies didn't exactly get a lot stronger as you went on. If that's the case here as well, then he's definitely good. Now I know this looks a little silly because I'm not very far in and Jeigan's Silver Lance isn't exactly his, but still.

Doga is nice. He will choke this point and he is unkillable because he's Doga. Don't expect him to go anywhere on the map though.

First off, Sheeda's strength blows, and there's no Wing Spear, no forges, and no forged Wing Spear to make up for it. She was alright vs pirates (no weapon triangle in this game) but right now she's frequently dealing so little damage she might as well not be there at all.

Jeigen's not dying to use his Silver Lance early on and Shiida's got the weapon level for it. Level up to 10, whip it good, and say hello to 22 HP 9 Str 20 Spd 14 Def unit. This is Minerva with 14 more Speed. Catria and Paula won't be any better by arrival.

FE1 promotions are so silly.

Jeigan is cool. Yes, I know I'm not very far in, but I remember that in FE3 B1 enemies didn't exactly get a lot stronger as you went on. If that's the case here as well, then he's definitely good. Now I know this looks a little silly because I'm not very far in and Jeigan's Silver Lance isn't exactly his, but still

He does have a dropoff point though when promoted enemies start to show up. I don't remember how much enemies get btter as the game goes on though...I do recall trying to use Midia though and she couldn't double with a Silver Sword despite a base of 9, so I'd like to think the enemies aren't COMPLETE jokes in this game...Though Midia could just be that horrible. I'm probably gonna lean more towards the latter.

Doga is nice. He will choke this point and he is unkillable because he's Doga. Don't expect him to go anywhere on the map though.

You say you're not far into the game, and I think the issue with Doga really is that...Well, enemies are using incredibly heavy weapons. Once they start wielding lighter stuff, Doga doesn't really have the speed. Giving armors swords in this game was an interesting choice. Not giving them promotions on the other hand is hilarious. It's nice to know you never get an armor as good as Doga is in this game though...

Uhhh...Why is Radd 2 tiers above Ceasar? Ceasar's 2 levels closer to promotion and starts with better stats at base. Outside of Spd, Radd doesn't exactly have stupendously better growths to make up for it. Even then, winning in speed is stupid for Merc/Heroes because on promotion their spd is shot up to 14 anyways. 14 Spd is basically "good forever".

Jeigen's not dying to use his Silver Lance early on and Shiida's got the weapon level for it. Level up to 10, whip it good, and say hello to 22 HP 9 Str 20 Spd 14 Def unit. This is Minerva with 14 more Speed. Catria and Paula won't be any better by arrival.

FE1 promotions are so silly.

Yeah, I think we can afford to give Sheeda the Silver Lance. We get a good result from it and Jeigan still ORKO's stuff with just a Lance.

He does have a dropoff point though when promoted enemies start to show up. I don't remember how much enemies get btter as the game goes on though...I do recall trying to use Midia though and she couldn't double with a Silver Sword despite a base of 9, so I'd like to think the enemies aren't COMPLETE jokes in this game...Though Midia could just be that horrible. I'm probably gonna lean more towards the latter.

Not sure when either. I'm playing through the game right now and I'm at Chapter 6, so I'll report my findings as I go through the game.

You say you're not far into the game, and I think the issue with Doga really is that...Well, enemies are using incredibly heavy weapons. Once they start wielding lighter stuff, Doga doesn't really have the speed. Giving armors swords in this game was an interesting choice. Not giving them promotions on the other hand is hilarious. It's nice to know you never get an armor as good as Doga is in this game though...

Doga's really good early on because the maps are small enough that his defense is really a boon and he can double with an Iron Sword (well, Pirates anyway). He is certainly above Bottom Tier, I have to say.

Uhhh...Why is Radd 2 tiers above Ceasar? Ceasar's 2 levels closer to promotion and starts with better stats at base. Outside of Spd, Radd doesn't exactly have stupendously better growths to make up for it. Even then, winning in speed is stupid for Merc/Heroes because on promotion their spd is shot up to 14 anyways. 14 Spd is basically "good forever".

No idea actually. I only took it from FEGeneis so I'm not the one who would assert that.

Anyway I made some changes:

-Katua/Paola dropped to below Merric and above Chainey since their availability hurts them too much to be Top tier, but they're still really awesome.

-Gordon dropped to bottom of Upper Mid, with Radd moved down to top of Lower Mid. Chip damage is nice, but the lack of an enemy phase really hurts.

-Moved Jeigan to above Sheeda.

But yeah, I really think Doga and Boa could move up while Minerva, Elice, and Darros can go down.

Also why are the shooters so low?

Yeah, I think we can afford to give Sheeda the Silver Lance. We get a good result from it and Jeigan still ORKO's stuff with just a Lance.

Why does Jeigen need to kill things? Long as he weakens things enough and others kill the things that are in his way, he doesn't HAVE to. Nice that he CAN, but he doesn't HAVE to.

Also why are the shooters so low?

Bad move, no enemy phase.

Why does Jeigen need to kill things? Long as he weakens things enough and others kill the things that are in his way, he doesn't HAVE to. Nice that he CAN, but he doesn't HAVE to.

Jeigan killing things is often a good move for efficiency.

Bad move, no enemy phase.

Ah.

It's a joke to me, because I happen to be a big fan of the FE6 armors despite no one else being ones. Arden is also a ghost, because I haven't seen him in ages.

Also Arden, they at least had rescue on cavs in those games...So you shush.

Okay, also, about shooters -- I know this probably isn't the bees place to ask, but since there aren't any other FE1 topics, and I haven't actually played FE1 -- on the actual site it says shooters have 1-2 range in FE1, so why don't they have enemy phase?

Okay, also, about shooters -- I know this probably isn't the bees place to ask, but since there aren't any other FE1 topics, and I haven't actually played FE1 -- on the actual site it says shooters have 1-2 range in FE1, so why don't they have enemy phase?

It may be that they're specifically coded to lack the ability to counter-attack (much how long range tomes in later games do not permit counter-attacks even if it "should" be possible).