The Resistance 2

Tables

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong, Proto, it DOES matter who we send. Even if it's first mission, the first spy could sabotage, reveal and then direct the rest of the spies.

But we don't have any information at all! There's absolutely nothing we know that could decide whether player X is a good/bad idea to be sent in this mission.

Yes, voting is private. There's nothing to stop you claiming how you intend to vote, however, and you can choose to lie if you deem it beneficial (I've lied as both resistance to try and lure the spies out, and as a spy at various times).

But we don't have any information at all! There's absolutely nothing we know that could decide whether player X is a good/bad idea to be sent in this mission.

Clearly, we should make no attempts to get information and blindly vote yes, even though there is only a ~16% chance best case scenario that all four people chosen for this mission are not spies.

Okay. Discussion.

First, we can clearly see that Spykor has chosen himself for the mission. I don't know how much we can infer from this. Obviously if this was planned to be the successful mission, then that would be a good move, or rather a move that most anybody would make. Resistance leader obviously knows they are resistance and want to gamble on fewer chances for spies, while spy leaders wouldn't mind an easy sabotage. Proto planning to yes vote is likewise unsurprising. Little can really be inferred from things like this.

If Spykor had chosen not to send himself, there certainly could have possibly been more grounds for analysis, especially post-vote reveal. Similarly, if Proto had voted "no" it would have expressed his unease about the other members, regardless of the fact that personally he was comfortable with his presence.

I guess one thing that just occurred to me that I hadn't counted on is that there may be no "yes" votes aside from perhaps the proposed members. We will just need to wait and see, I guess.

Even if I weren't following my policy "no", vote though, I would still feel less than confident with the setup though. I don't think we've heard word one from JB.

I propose, that to get as much information from failed proposals as possible, that the proposer and the four people following him on the list vote "No" for the first four proposals, while the other six vote their heart. Odds are extremely good that one of the six will also vote "No", and this gives us a large possible pool of votes from the remaining members, to add to our knowledge base.

If someone has a better proposal, though, I would certainly be happy to hear it.

Revising this, just to make sure. Instead of being first four proposals, it's going to be first three, right? Because the fifth proposal will be forced, which may not be a good idea for us. But the proposer and the four people following him on the list should still vote No, right? Or were there any other modifications to your plan?

Mission Proposal 1.1

Team: Spykitty, JBCWK, Kiku-Ichimonji, Paperkitty

Yes: Kiku-Ichimonji

No: Spykitty, JBCWK, zorbees, Balcerzak, Kirsch, Radiant Kitty, Luka Mefeline, SlayerX, Paperkitty, Psych

Result: Yes - 1, No - 10

Proposal Fails. JBCWK is the new leader

Edited by Tableskitty

I was kind of confused about the voting system, now I get it. It's different from last time, that's for sure.

Well, since Bal said I hadn't said anything, I might as well do so now.

The thing is, we can't actually find out anything without either having a mission go on or by getting every person to talk. We can't exactly dig very much earlygame either, so ;/

Anyway, might as well get this proposal out.

##Give plans to: JBCWK, Balcerzak, Paperblade, Psych