The Resistance 2

Tables

Proto, if just ONE other member of the Resistance had thought that way, the spies could have all voted yes and forced a bad mission on us.

And by "could have," I of course mean "just did"

If you're so sure of that, then you already know that Darros, Joshaymin, Kevin, and me are spies. We already won the game, right?

I don't think I need to point out what's wrong with your reasoning. Also, like I said, there is another reason for my actions as well that I'll explain later.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds a lot like my logic, except zorbees never actually declared that he'll be voting Yes for that mission. zorbees decided to go with a 2/9 split, in which case he himself wouldn't learn anything at all. Maybe if he told everyone that he'll be voting Yes, like I did, then some Spies might feel more comfortable about voting Yes, and we could have learned something from this failed proposal. But no, none of us had any clue that he would be voting Yes so it seems completely pointless for him, as a Resistance operative, to vote Yes. This alone makes him extremely suspicious in my eyes.

Except I did the exact opposite, I publicly declared I was voting no, then voted yes. Publicly declaring a yes vote is pretty dumb in my opinion, because there are only so many ways it can go. "Oh he is soft-claiming spy" or "Oh he is trying to get the spies to vote Yes" are basically the only things that can be drawn from me declaring my yes vote. Pretty sure this would not develop well. I figured me publicly lying about my vote would cause more discussion then "hmm, he voted yes he must be a spy!!!!!" but I guess the players here met my expectations of an idiotic playerbase.

zorbees, that was actually one of the most compelling reasons for me that you were not a spy. You voted in direct opposition to the plan, as you were one of the "required" no votes. A spy would not have been that stupid, especially one trying to elevate the game and strategies of everyone else involved.

Except I did the exact opposite, I publicly declared I was voting no, then voted yes. Publicly declaring a yes vote is pretty dumb in my opinion, because there are only so many ways it can go. "Oh he is soft-claiming spy" or "Oh he is trying to get the spies to vote Yes" are basically the only things that can be drawn from me declaring my yes vote. Pretty sure this would not develop well. I figured me publicly lying about my vote would cause more discussion then "hmm, he voted yes he must be a spy!!!!!" but I guess the players here met my expectations of an idiotic playerbase.

What kind of discussion did you hope to trigger from a 2/9 split, aside from people like me suspecting that you might be a Spy?

Huh, didn't notice that... Proto, if zorbees is extremely suspicious in your eyes, why did you yes-vote a mission he's on? =/

I promise I'll explain my reason behind that after this mission is over if you agree to wait.

Sure, I may never go on a mission, but there are 6 other Resistance operatives.

This logic sucks. If we assume you're a Resistance operative and you never go on a mission, that increases the chance that each mission has a spy on it.

Eh. I choose to ignore that rule for now (mainly because I can put off updating until tomorrow :P).

Edit: Let's screw that.

Mission 1 result

Co-operate

Co-operate

Co-operate

AAaaaand...

Co-operate

Mission succeeds. Score is now Resistance - 1, Spy - 0

Edited by Tableskitty

Also, Tables edit'd in to a previous post (since I imagine others are like me and didn't notice)

Umm, which one? I only edited the first post (updating the score) and possibly the second post (updating information). I did edit the results post a few minutes after posting to add information, nothing important...