Magic users ? [possible story spoil]

Repulsif

OK, does someone (everyone) that every magic user has a Laguz blood ?

- Micaiah : telled in story

- Sanaki : telled in story

- Illyana : we don't know, but she hasn't growed in 4 years

- Calill : her daughter wasn't stoned and it is said she has some powers

- Soren : telled in story

- Tormod : story often does reference how he is still physically weak and has not growed a lot in 4 years (conversations with Ike and Sothe plus others)

You may argue there are some problems(flaws?) in my theory :

- Pelleas : he clearly says it was a pact with a spirit ; perhaps druids are the only ones who are not Laguz branded.

- Stefan : he does not use magic ; for me that's a special case, he's the only know Lion Laguz branded, may be Lion branded can't use magic after all...

- Zelgius : same case that Stefan, for him I think he is wolf branded.

- Bastian : hem unsure.gif don't know.

- all the ennemies magic users : well, hem unsure.gif

Anyway,

I think every magic users have Laguz blood, but not every Luguz descendant can use magic (but is skilled in another area)

Same opinion here ?

Edited by Repulsif

OK, does someone (everyone) that every magic user has a Laguz blood ?

- Micaiah : telled in story

- Sanaki : telled in story

- Illyana : we don't know, but she hasn't growed in 4 years

- Calill : her daughter wasn't stoned and it is said she has some powers

- Soren : telled in story

- Tormod : story often does reference how he is still physically weak and has not growed a lot in 4 years (conversations with Ike and Sothe plus others)

- Sanaki isn't a branded technically because branded only appear once in a generation,not 2, which is why Sanaki can't hear the goddesses voice. That and she actually looks like she is growing, unlike Soren who hasn't changed much.

- Ilyana is probably old enough she doesn't grow anymore.

- Callil adopted Aimee.

- Tormod might be a late bloomer. Growing/going through puberty doesn't mean you become physically strong (i'm rather weak and can barely lift 20 Pounds)

Edited by SlayerX

Ike and Sothe are just freaks. And he's not so much physically weak as he is short. He's probably a lot stronger than the other magic users; if nothing else, he can run a hell of a lot faster!

Plus, I think he looks a lot older in FE10 than in FE9.

Edited by Anouleth

Ilyana isnt a branded. Im pretty sure of that. Shes just small and thin. And very hungry.

Tormod doesnt have Laguz blood. He just believes in the cause. Hes also a bit of late bloomer like someone above said. He has grown but more tall than in other ways.

Calill is a teacher of magic actually. She taught Tormod. Like Slayer said, her daughter is adopted. (and the little girl is a branded.)

I thought in FE they explained magic as you just read words off a page.

This.

Also, I'm not following your logic here because I don't understand where you're coming from with this. I mean, if you're assuming every magic user on Tellius is decended from Laguz, you might as very well argue that every single magic user in other FEs are decended from dragons while you're at it. (IIRC, there's only two magic users in the series not counting Soren that have those sort of bragging rights.) And besides, Rhys, Mist, Elincia, Laura, and Oliver are also magic users. (Mainly of the white magic variety, but it's still magic.) They obviously don't have any Laguz ancestries. Neither do Illyana, Tormod, Calill, Bastian, Pelleas, Bastian, or any enemy magic user like you already mentioned. Soren, Micaiah, Sephiran, and (despite not being a branded) Sanaki are the only known magic users with any sort of Laguz heritage.

In other words: No. Laguz blood does not make one a magic user. There's absolutely nothing hinting at any sort of mastery in magic being directly tied to Laguz heritage.

Edited by Elmer

- Sanaki isn't a branded technically because branded only appear once in a generation,not 2, which is why Sanaki can't hear the goddesses voice. That and she actually looks like she is growing, unlike Soren who hasn't changed much.

Soren's aging didn't slow until he was 16 (well, 3 years before PoR, but he was 19 in PoR), according to his supports with Stefan.

Soren: I thought I was aging normally... Well, until about three years ago.

It makes perfect sense that Sanaki's aging hasn't slowed: She isn't 16 yet.

Edited by Paper Jam

Soren's aging didn't slow until he was 16 (well, 3 years before PoR, but he was 19 in PoR), according to his supports with Stefan.

It makes perfect sense that Sanaki's aging hasn't slowed: She isn't 16 yet.

Doesn't correspond with Zelgius' story however. His mark made him be ostracized by his family. Yet no one else AFAIK in his family was made to leave. They would have most likely if anyone was aging slowly, which is why Zelgius tells Lehran that he will meet him once he can't be in the Daein army(?) anymore because he doesn't age.

I think Zelgius mentioned somewhere that his ancestor was a laguz, and the trait skipped a couple generations. (What kind of branded is Zelgius anyway? I honestly thought Heron for a bit, but I'm leaning towards Tiger or Lion).

I think Zelgius mentioned somewhere that his ancestor was a laguz, and the trait skipped a couple generations. (What kind of branded is Zelgius anyway? I honestly thought Heron for a bit, but I'm leaning towards Tiger or Lion).

Nasir and Gareth mentioned that the trait skipped generations too, in the "Ancient History" conversation: Those of mixed blood only started showing strange marks a few generations after Altina gave birth to her and Lehran's daughter, meaning that said daughter couldn't have been Branded herself.

Altina and Lehran's daughter was the first branded in the face of Tellius.

No, she wasn't. Nasir reveals the following in the "Ancient History" conversation:

Nasir:

It was several generations later (after the birth of Altina's and Lehran's daughter) that the certain descendents (of beorc/laguz unions) began to manifest physical marks which indicated their ancestors' sins. Fortunately, this mark looked very similar to the marks on those protected by spirits. They could pass as students of the dark arts for at least a few years. Unfortunately, the Branded lived much longer than beorc.

The Branded didn't appear until several generations after Lehran and Altina had their kid, so their kid couldn't have been Branded.

The rest of the script can be found at http://serenesforest.net/fe10/4F4_1.html

Edited by Paper Jam

There's absolutely nothing hinting at any sort of mastery in magic being directly tied to Laguz heritage.

except Micaiah's skill sacrifice, right?

wasn't that a magic thingy for Heron branded only?

Except Micaiah's skill sacrifice, right? Wasn't that a magic thingy for Heron branded only?

To be honest, I don't even know how Micaiah's Sacrifice skill came to be in the first place. But it isn't standard magic. (Which was the type of magic I had in mind when making my previous post.) That is a good question though. But that doesn't change the fact that I don't know much details of how one gets any healing hands in the first place.

His brand looks like it has wings, so I've always thought Raven. His hair color supports this.

EDIT: Elincia member badge =]

Edited by Fenrir

Then again, Sephiran also has a very dark hair color (closer to the color of a Hawk or a Raven) and he's a Heron.

IIRC, only royal Herons have white wings and blond hair... IIRC.

IIRC, only royal Herons have white wings and blond hair... IIRC.

that is true, I don't think we've seen any non-royal herons in either of the games. Nor have we heard anything pointing to the color of the wings of those non-royals.

I've seen some fan-art giving them gray wings though.

that is true, I don't think we've seen any non-royal herons in either of the games. Nor have we heard anything pointing to the color of the wings of those non-royals.

I've seen some fan-art giving them gray wings though.

We see Lehran with his brown wings at the very last scene of the game, assuming you fulfilled all the requirements to recruit him.

We see Lehran with his brown wings at the very last scene of the game, assuming you fulfilled all the requirements to recruit him.

hmm, true, I completely forgot that...

thanks for helping me remember that.