Best/Worst in the Series: Round 103

NinjaMonkey

Best: Dagda - one of the few parents that actually look after their children.

Worst: Fin - he's too busy with Cuan's kids, even after he meets them, he goes back with Leaf.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not really Levin in Generation 2; it's actually Holsety's spirit :/:

And naturally, Holsety's much more concerned with stopping the rebirth of the Lopt Empire than he is about whatever family Levin had.

It's still Levin though, Holsety is just telling him what to do (See: Tinny Levin conversation). Levin couldn've explained that to Sety and Fee but he decided to be an asshole instead.

What's with all of the votes for Nino? We don't really know anything about her as a parent except that she eventually abandons Lugh and Ray to search for Jaffar (or protect them from bounty hunters, but Nino x Jaffar is arguably more canon).

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Best: Dagda

The amount of time I spent playing FE5, I could not get over my undying urge to want to be able to hug him and rub his manly beard. DAAGDAAA.

That's Marty's job gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Although I like Dagda too, he's a total man (i.e: "Watch your mouth, boy! You're just a lowly servant, of mine! All right then, show me what you've got! I'll take you all on!"), yet can pull off the good dad look by protecting his daughter from revolts.

Best: Aideen. IIRC she was crippled in Gen2, but she did a damn good job raising not only Rana and Lester, but Celice/Lakche/Skasaher/Delmud as well. Granted, Oifey and Shanan helped, but, that's still pretty impressive.

Worst: Desmond. Such a douche to Zephiel, going as far as to attempt to kill him. IMO that's worse than what Levin did, and even then Levin was kinda forced to do that by Holsety.

What's with all of the votes for Nino? We don't really know anything about her as a parent except that she eventually abandons Lugh and Ray to search for Jaffar (or protect them from bounty hunters, but Nino x Jaffar is arguably more canon).

Because we can?

Most parents in FE are either nonexistant, are douchebags, do something that gets them killed, or something like that.

At least Nino leaves her kids with a caretaker. I think... I memory about that is a little fuzzy.

It's still Levin though, Holsety is just telling him what to do (See: Tinny Levin conversation). Levin couldn've explained that to Sety and Fee but he decided to be an asshole instead.

So by that Logic, when Nayru is possessed by Veran, Nayru is still herself.

Honestly, I don't see how that could at all be possible. I can see the Levin/Tinny conversation you mentioned as Levin trying to break free of Holsety's control. Either that, or maybe Holsety's heart may be starting to defrost.

Because we can?

Most parents in FE are either nonexistant, are douchebags, do something that gets them killed, or something like that.

At least Nino leaves her kids with a caretaker. I think... I memory about that is a little fuzzy.

I suppose an orphanage is better than the the streets, but it's still pretty irresponsible IMO.

So by that Logic, when Nayru is possessed by Veran, Nayru is still herself.

Honestly, I don't see how that could at all be possible. I can see the Levin/Tinny conversation you mentioned as Levin trying to break free of Holsety's control. Either that, or maybe Holsety's heart may be starting to defrost.

But doesn't Holsety cares much about humans already? In fact, he wouldn't have even be there in Levin's body and help here and there had he not be that concerned about them. Is it somewhere really explained if it's truly a possession or just Holsety passing as Levin? I know Celice at the end of the game says that he has realized he's actually Holsety, but still. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if Holsety could actually be moved by a story such as Tinny's.

Anyway, for my votes...

Best: Greil.

Worst: Desmond. Enough said.

Best: Bartre

Honorable mention goes to Fin and Aideen, being there for your kid is a pretty big deal, more then anyone else in FE4 did.

Worst:: Desmond

Edited by 3-13Archer

Because we can?

She leaves the twins with Lucius in his orphanage to look for Jaffar. She left them with someone whom she trusted would keep her sons safe.

I had read a little about Levin being possessed by Holsety before, is there anywhere that has the dialogue where this is explained? My patch doesn't have the epilogue (after the endgame is beaten) translated. Also, there's no way to save after clearing the game is there?

Edited by rigadoog

I had read a little about Levin being possessed by Holsety before, is there anywhere that has the dialogue where this is explained? My patch doesn't have the epilogue (after the endgame is beaten) translated. Also, there's no way to save after clearing the game is there?

Regarding it...

Levin : ...Well, Celice, I hate to say goodbye, but it’s time for me to go on my journey, too.

Celice : Levin...thank you...you’ve always watched over us young people. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Levin : I only did the duty that was expected out of me. I am the wind, a wind whose breath is meant to guide the warm radiance of light. And that light is there in the heart of each and every one of you.

Celice : Yes, I understand now. I’ve always heard that Dragonkind fears involvement in the world of Man...but you’re different. You broke that rule. You guided us. I, everyone, everything in this earth, will never forget the debt we owe you, Levin...no...warrior of a distant land, Holsety of the Wind...

Judging from the way they're talking, it doesn't seem to be a possession. But who knows...

Best: Griel. He not only had himself injurred so that he wouldn't hurt anyone after his incident with Lerahn's Medallion (quite possibly mainly to protect Ike and Mist) but he was a kind and supportive father both to his own children and to others who joined his mercenaries, turning the company into a family and becoming a father figure to many in the mercenary group.

Worst: Alvis. He brainwashed and married his half-sister to get the right kind of blood into his children so that they could be used to resurrect a dark god. He was remorseful towards the end of his life but really, he still fought against Celice in the end. (This isn't the only problem I have with him but that's all that's applicable.)

Worst: Alvis. He brainwashed and married his half-sister to get the right kind of blood into his children so that they could be used to resurrect a dark god. He was remorseful towards the end of his life but really, he still fought against Celice in the end. (This isn't the only problem I have with him but that's all that's applicable.)

To be fair he didn't know she was his half-sister, but you're right about the rest.

Best parent: Bartre

What?

Worst parent: Almedha

Dumb bitch keeps on doting on Pelleas

he's not even hers, she should have had a DNA test or something, dumbfucked bitch.

Regarding it...

Levin : ...Well, Celice, I hate to say goodbye, but it's time for me to go on my journey, too.

Celice : Levin...thank you...you've always watched over us young people. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Levin : I only did the duty that was expected out of me. I am the wind, a wind whose breath is meant to guide the warm radiance of light. And that light is there in the heart of each and every one of you.

Celice : Yes, I understand now. I've always heard that Dragonkind fears involvement in the world of Man...but you're different. You broke that rule. You guided us. I, everyone, everything in this earth, will never forget the debt we owe you, Levin...no...warrior of a distant land, Holsety of the Wind...

Judging from the way they're talking, it doesn't seem to be a possession. But who knows...

Thanks for finding that; it still doesn't really say why he left his kids and ignored them though. I guess we'll never find out.

Best: Griel. He not only had himself injurred so that he wouldn't hurt anyone after his incident with Lerahn's Medallion (quite possibly mainly to protect Ike and Mist) but he was a kind and supportive father both to his own children and to others who joined his mercenaries, turning the company into a family and becoming a father figure to many in the mercenary group.

You mean Manfloy brainwashed Alvis' half-sister and tricked Alvis into resurrecting the dark god. Alvis wasn't even a bad ruler, it's just that him and Julius were manipulated by Manfloy.

Btw, ironically the only thing that actually DOES make him a bad parent out of those is helping Celice, because Celice went on to lead his army against Julius.

Edited by rigadoog

Btw, ironically the only thing that actually DOES make him a bad parent out of those is helping Celice, because Celice went on to lead his army against Julius.

I think it's a case of Alvis wanting to die rather than see his empire and the rest of the world laid to waste by the actions of Manfroy and the new vessel of Loptos. I'm also pretty sure that his youngest son (Julius), were he himself, would also rather die than be a vessel of the spirit an ancient demonic dragon in addition to Alvis's feelings. In a sense, he might have wanted to help set things right and redeem himself by helping his half-nephew get the tools he needed to thwart Manfroy and Julius,

Best: Tiltyu, she could of left her kids and run off but she didn't. Honorable mentions to Ismaire, Fado, Tana's dad, Hellene, Eleanora, Ethlin, Fury, Cuan, Evayle, Aideen, and Tethys (she worked hard to care of Ewan thats parenting imo)

Worst: Either Ashnard, Desmond, or Levin but I'll go with Ashnard because Levin is half dead and Desmond loves Gueneviere. Dishonorable mentions to Sylvia, Tauroneo, Rolf's mom, and Dheg.

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

Heck, I'll vote as well.

Best: Tiltyu

She had to put up with her separation from her son and her sister-in-law's abuse, trying to protect Tinny, until the end while her brother just stood there and did nothing.

Worst : Desmond

Way to go. You made it so Zephiel's a genocidal misanthrope, and you're his first murder victim. Are you proud of yourself?

Honorable mentions: Eden, Brom, Nino, Ismaire, Sigurd, Pent, Louise, Finn, Bartre.

Dishonorable mentions: Sonia, Hilda, Ashnard, Deghinsea, Victor, Ethlin, Canas, Langobalt, Leptor, Rolf's mom, Gheb's mom, Gheb's dad,

Edited by Elmer