ITT I play FE4

Mekkah

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah I was gonna mention that. I'll pick pairings (or lack of) from suggestions itt. I reserve the right to reject uninteresting, unfair or ungodly ones.

Actually, he did.

OK, here are all the suggestions so far and what I'm thinking.

Aideen:

- Midir

- Jamka

- Fin

- Beowulf

- Claude

I do Midir every time. It's the greatest pairing and I'll argue for it every time, but for the LP, I want something special, something spicy. My choice here shall be Claude. Yes, that ruins poor Lester, but it also enables an enormous staff inheritance on Lana.

Ayra:

- Ardan

- Dew

- Holyn

- Lex

- KILL HER

Lex is my favourite on this one. I haven't done Holyn/Ayra in a while, so it's tempting. Ayra's subs are too boring. In the end, I'm going to go with Ardan, because he's just a damn hero.

Briggid:

- Holyn

- Jamka

- Midir

- Levin

- Alec

Holsety Patty is a compelling argument, but so is creepy talk convo between Brigid and Midir...we'll go with Holsety Patty here. Levin.

Fury:

- Levin

- Azel

- Noish

Levin is taken and I do Noish in a lot of my playthroughs, so I'm going to have a go with Azel. Too bad Volcannon can't be inherited.

Lachesis:

- Dew

- Beowulf

- Lex

- Azel

- Noish

Beo is boring and standard, Dew gives me nothing interesting, Azel is taken, so it's between the two Pursuitless horses. I like the idea of tank mount, so Lex it is.

Sylvia:

- Claude

- Levin

- Lex

- Holyn

Well, each of these is taken except for Holyn. I'm sure Sylvia has no problems with this.

Tiltyu:

- Levin

- Lex

- Fin

- Azel

- Beowulf

- KILL HER

For me this is pretty much a toss-up between Fin and killing her off. I'm gonna have a go with Fin because it allows me to be a show-off turn count wise in Ch3.

To summarise:

Aideen x Claude

Ayra x Ardan

Briggid x Levin

Fury x Azel

Lachesis x Lex

Sylvia x Holyn

Tiltyu x Fin

I'll try to use these guys during the actual game. Not that their stats make much of a difference, but training them makes it easier to get gold on them, which in turn makes it easier to get good items on them.

I was gonna say second gen might be difficult without any holy weapons except Ichival, then I remembered Shanan and Aless exist. This should be interesting.

Quite a lot of holy weapons aren't dependent on pairing. Mistoltin, Balmung, Tyrfing, Narga, Ichival, and Gaebolg are all kind of handed to you. The only holy weapons that require specific pairings are Holsety (only three children can use it) and Valkyrie (only Corple and Sety can use it).

Quite a lot of holy weapons aren't dependent on pairing. Mistoltin, Balmung, Tyrfing, Narga, Ichival, and Gaebolg are all kind of handed to you. The only holy weapons that require specific pairings are Holsety (only three children can use it) and Valkyrie (only Corple and Sety can use it).

And? Ichival is Ichival, no enemy phase, not as broken as other holy weapons, and stuck on a unit with low move; I said the first two; Narga and Tyrfing around for very little of the game.

And? Ichival is Ichival, no enemy phase, not as broken as other holy weapons, and stuck on a unit with low move; I said the first two; Narga and Tyrfing around for very little of the game.

And you said that 2nd generation might be difficult without any holy weapons. But the only holy weapons he's missed are Holsety and Valkyrie, and he still has access to most of the holy weapons.

You don't even need the holy weapons to smash Gen 2 wide open, just a 50+ kills Hero Sword. Hell, I'd take the 50+ kills Hero Sword over Mistoltin any day.

He is right you know. If there's anything Nico Nico Douga has taught me about FE4, it's that you can never go wrong with an Elite Ring, a Leg Ring, a bunch of stat rings, and a 50+ kills Hero Sword on Celice ;):!

Edited by FionordeQuester

And you said that 2nd generation might be difficult without any holy weapons. But the only holy weapons he's missed are Holsety and Valkyrie, and he still has access to most of the holy weapons.

I said I was going to, but I didn't because I remembered that there were weapons that aren't affected by pairings, and I named two of them.

True dat, too. Any critical capable hero weapon is in deed quite sexy, though Mistoltin's 30 might is pretty sexy, too.

A high kill Silver Sword is nearly as good as a high kill Hero Sword for Celice, but I'd personally give the high kill hero sword to Leaf to get him so easier levels with it. A high kill Silver Sword + Elite Ring + Leg Ring + any additional rings makes Celice completely ridiculous in general really.

Guys, don't worry. I beat FE4 about ten times before, including one time with 0% growths, and one time with all subs. I think I can manage with suboptimal pairings.

• 2 weeks later...

Ch1 (Part 1)

FE4000.png

FE4001.png

FE4002.png

But yeah, let's leave the place defenseless to fight at Isaac. These bandits will just chill, because they have a king whose rule, well....

FE4003.png

FE4004.png

Oh. Looks like he's not that great at keeping an entire country under control then. Must be because he has no Holy Blood.

FE4005.png

Elthsan arrived later than Lex, Azel and Cuan, even though he was right next to one of the two castles featured previous chapter. Remember that late night, Elthsan?

FE4006.png

From what I've seen, the duty of a border guard involves stepping aside whenever anyone wants to pass through whenever that's inconvenient for me. So yeah, good work, you got the border.

FE4007.png

Other than ending the chapter (game play reason), there's actually never really an explanation for this kind of stuff. Generally the story suggests that Sigurd is attacked, but after he fends off the attack he usually decapitates their leader and takes over their castle for some reason.

FE4008.png

Elthsan doesn't want any more castles seized.

FE4009.png

It's okay, there's a border guard.

FE4010.png

FE4011.png

This is no time for gaiety, Sigurd.

Let's see if the Verdane brothers are more focused on their job.

FE4012.png

FE4013.png

Try saying that again in twenty or so years.

FE4014.png

FE4015.png

Why is taking Evans so relevant? Weren't they planning on like looting the world, or at least Barhara? Why do they need Ayra until then anyway if she's not helping in the attack on Evans?

FE4016.png

What a ladies man.

FE4017.png

I don't even need to comment. How is kidnapping her cousin and forcing her to fight NOT making enemies with people of her swordmanship?

FE4018.png

Word. I'm not going to leave her as a red unit.

FE4019.png

Before we move out, might as well show off stats or something, dunno if you guys care.

FE4021.png

FE4022.png

As you can see, I take "Sigurd phase" very literally.

FE4023.png

FE4024.png

I love how the thief walking sprite makes it look like they were a bunch of burglars walking out with a sack of loot.

FE4025.png

Dew can't walk by himself.

FE4026.png

No you dumb bitch, he's an enemy. Are you blind?

FE4027.png

Jamka's father would not want him to free an innocent damsel and work out a peaceful plan. I'll give him the thief, though.

FE4028.png

What war? Sigurd is just coming to get Aideen back. The only war going on is in Isaac. Can Aideen stop that?

FE4029.png

Jamka really sucks at persuading, considering it's kind of implied he has tried before.

FE4030.png

Yeah, you're not allowed to steal things, Dew. Sheesh, are you dumb?

kkp9c.png

Oh.

FE4031.png

He can't help it. It's his Class skill.

FE4032.png

Dew is so trustworthy.

FE4033.png

Don't worry, I'll arrange it.

FE4034.png

FE4035.png

Okay, sounds like a deal. Lock them up again. It's fine.

FE4036.png

WHERE IS THE SURRENDER COMMAND

FE4037.png

Sorry, Jamka said no thieves allowed.

FE4038.png

ARDAN HAS FOUGHT STRONGER KITTENS

ARDAN IS NO LONGER WELCOME AT THE ANIMAL SHELTER FOR THIS REASON

FE4039.png

Ok I know this is painfully obvious but that's not a sword dumbass

FE4040.png

like he crushed the bridge

FE4041.png

Kinbois's weapon: Hand. I missed the screenshot but Azel obtained it.

FE4042.png

A Hand with 50 uses. Does it just fall off after that?

FE4043.png

FE4044.png

Enemy phase. I guess they just underestimate Midir because she looks like a pussy.

FE4045.png

No notable resistance so far, four more axe fools to def-

FE4046.png

OH FUCK IT'S AYRA

FE4047.png

Wait, no. That's not what he said. You're just not allowed to stunt.

Starlight Sword counts as a stunt by the way so don't do that.

FE4048.png

To be honest if I was throwing hands around I would not be able to hit anything either, even if it's a huge badass on a horse.

Edited by Mekkah

Ch1 (Part 2)

FE4050.png

FE4051.png

FE4052.png

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW

Ok, let's redo that.

FE4053.png

FE4054.png

Good girl.

FE4055.png

THE CURSE OF RODY, NOW ON FIN

FE4056.png

FE4057.png

"What's up?" Seriously? My guess is not much is up.

FE4058.png

Technically, that's not mutually exclusive with a "yes" answer.

FE4059.png

Could you have told her earlier?

FE4060.png

Sigurd sees two kinds of enemies: those that die in one round of combat, and those that take two.

FE4061.png

Just so she knows which small child from the dungeon we're talking about.

FE4062.png

FE4063.png

FE4064.png

"But for now, you're chilling with us. While we're going to do some more warfare."

FE4065.png

"Oh. Right." *proceeds not to change plans*

FE4066.png

FE4067.png

So let's not tell the king?

FE4068.png

Oifaye understands better than I do.

FE4069.png

Taking royal kids with him like that...

FE4070.png

This is the Warp Staff convo. Dew is going that thing you sometimes see in movies where he talks to her with his back towards her so nobody can tell they're speaking. And this also makes it easy to slip her that staff.

FE4071.png

FE4072.png

I like how Dew said he actually tried to use it. Imagine how awesome he would be at stealing if he could Warp himself anywhere he pleased.

FE4073.png

You can tell Dew has been practicing his lying.

FE4074.png

Damn, Dew is smooth. Also, Aideen forgets about all her nunnery vows and accepts stolen goods.

FE4075.png

gonna pawn that stuff right off to Ethlin

FE4076.png

Rather not. Ethlin sucks at fighting.

FE4077.png

See here: the first of many items that Aideen carries with her but is not willing to give up unless you initialize a convo with the right person at the right time. I COULD USE A HERO BOW RIGHT NOW OK

FE4078.png

She's got that right.

FE4079.png

I actually did use it quite alot at the end of the map. Just because she promised, of course.

FE4081.png

FE4082.png

FE4083.png

Well, that doesn't look good.

FE4084.png

I agree. That's why we're only there to get Aideen back home.

Right?

FE4085.png

You're at the border right now, fuckface. Can't you tell by the BORDER GUARD? And the guy you've never been on good terms with has an unguarded castle right next to you.

FE4086.png

FE4087.png

Good work. You've got the border.

Meanwhile, at Genoa:

FE4088.png

Oh well, we might as well go outside then!

FE4089.png

HEY DIFFERENT SWORD GIRL LONG TIME NO SEE

FE4090.png

cause if it wasn't you then i will have to fight anyway

FE4091.png

FE4092.png

Ok that's enough proof I think?

FE4093.png

FE4094.png

FE4095.png

FE4096.png

FE4097.png

This has nothing to do with anything. It makes no sense whatsoever considering that instead of going out hiding somewhere until Shannan is grown up, Ayra goes with Sigurd WITH SHANNAN.

FE4098.png

I'm too lazy to get my dictionary. Does that mean you will become blue or not?

FE4099.png

Why? In her convo with Cuan, she reveals she knows there is no reason for Isaac and Grandbell to fight.

Ch1 (Part 3)

FE4100.png

Damn, we're going to have to get used to th-

FE4051.png

Nvm, I think we'll be fine.

FE4102.png

MEAT FOR ARDAN'S BLADE

FE4103.png

What?

FE4104.png

You don't want Lachesis as your castle guard.

FE4105.png

FE4106.png

FE4107.png

If you get unlucky they can kill one of us. Maybe.

FE4108.png

Verdane and Nodion should agree on an anti-thief pact.

FE4109.png

ur mom should have pulled out

FE4110.png

FE4111.png

If that was the case why does he have to be assassinated by his son later?? Explain THAT, Elliot!

FE4112.png

for no reason

FE4113.png

FE4114.png

FE4115.png

Elliot knew he would be facing Elthsan sooner or later, but still underestimates him enormously...this guy is really incompetent.

FE4116.png

Because they weren't before.

FE4117.png

FE4119.png

Good luck?

FE4121.png

FE4122.png

FE4123.png

A for effort, guys. If you repeat the same sacrifice about 3 more times, he might die.

FE4124.png

FE4125.png

Alec doing what he's being paid for. Only now, he notices the border guard is gone. Let's go take a look what's going on only to notice there is nothing left to do.

Meanwhile, Lex has been seriously injured and I haven't had the opportunity to heal him yet. So I thought I'd let him hide out on the beach...

FE4126.png

FE4127.png

OH MY GOD IT'S A DESERT AT THE BEACH

FE4128.png

FE4129.png

Total amount of brigands ready for battle: 2

FE4130.png

That's the captain. I was trying to talk to him to surrender :(

FE4132.png

FE4133.png

Scizo or in denial? You decide.

FE4134.png

FE4135.png

FE4136.png

Elthsan just lets him walk over his troops...

FE4137.png

Obligatory "x unit is ridiculous" picture.

FE4138.png

Another person defending the castle by hand.

FE4139.png

FE4141.png

These events are completely unrelated, of course.

FE4142.png

FE4143.png

When I first played FE4, I thought this was how Dew gave Aideen the Warp Staff. :(

FE4144.png

MY HAND...DEFEATED

FE4145.png

FE4146.png

I like how Cuan initiates this convo in the story, but Ayra does it in the gameplay.

FE4147.png

The fact that the reason a fucking war is going on is not known by Cuan (and therefore, Sigurd, since the two seem to have no secrets) baffles me.

FE4148.png

Cuan acts as if it's Ayra who wanted the war to happen.

FE4149.png

King what?