Generic Fantasy Stat RP Chapter 1

Rothene

Eastern Emocni, Aman

Omair turned to face Alena and asked, "First, do the two of you have any horses or mounts of any kind?"

Qaahir shrugged and said, "No I don't. Do you have a horse Alena?". As soon as he asked Alena, Qaahir wanted to punch himself in the face. She followed me here with no mount at all, of course she doesn't have one!

Edited by Rothene

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eastern Emocni, Aman

Omair sighed as he counted out a few gold coins from his pouch and placed them on the table.

"Here is ten gold in advance for the two of you to obtain mounts. You'll be needing mounts to keep up with me later," said Omair.

"I see," said Qaahir looking at the coins, "And I realised I've forgoten to ask you one very important question, how are we going to locate this caravan?"

"I have magic at my disposal to deal with that issue," explained Omair.

"Well, in answer to your ealier question miss...Alena," Omair said looking at Alena, as he recalled her name by observing how Qaahir had been addressing her, "I'll be heading off to see if I can recruit anymore aid elsewhere, which would give you enough time to seek a mount and meet me at the eastern entrance by noon. Anymore questions?"

Qaahir shook his head briefly and looked at Alena.

"No, and a pleasure doing business with you, sir," Alena said, keeping as straight a face as possible.

Horses? I. . .never really rode one. . .hope it's not too different from balancing on an unstable ship!

Eastern Emocni, Aman

Satisfied with the response he got from his two current employees, Omair left their table and paid for his bill before leaving.

Qaahir waved for the bill. He had work to do and so best to start soon.

Looking out of the window, he could tell that that they had a few hours before noon. Turning to Alena he asked her, "So how are you feeling now that you've gotten a 'job'? Nervous? Excited? Find the whole process going too fast?"

Edited by Rothene

Zoey shook her head and gave the young girl a friendlt wave. "No I wasn't I was looking for the Caravan leader to ask if I could travel with them... Emocni was my original goal, and I'd like to get on my way... I'm sorry I can't stay with you." She said, getting on a knee to help level out the converstaion and smile.

Western Nialp

"Oh, right...you'll be leaving us soon," muttered Saqui slightly crestfallen. There was much she wanted to ask Zoey about Letam.

"Well, I'll come help you look for this caravan leader. Any clue about how to identify him?" asked Saqui.

~~~

Eastern Emocni, Aman

"Well, then, we shall see how good you are in combat, compared to being a wife," said Qaahir chuckling lightly as he picked up the coins and paid for their meal, "I've yet to see a girl of your size in combat though, so if things get to difficult feel free to call out and hide behind me. A fighter could always make use of someone watching his back."

"Anyway, how much experience do you have in horse riding?" asked Qaahir as he stood up.

Edited by Rothene

Eastern Emocni, Aman

"Ha, right. I heard in Aes, you either swim or fly," said Qaahir as they exited Kabina, "Well, riding a horse is more than keeping balanced. You need to be able to steer a living creature with a will of its own. I've had some experience riding on horses, but none to fight astride them. Well, I suppose we can double up on one and let me do the steering. It also cuts costs as we'll be getting one horse instead of two that way."

"Hah. Sounds good." Alena was somewhat glad that Qaahir knew what he was doing with a horse. She'd never be able to learn how to ride in the scant hours before their job began!

Eastern Emocni, Aman

"Now that's settled, we'll have to do the ardarous task of looking for a horse stable," said Qaahir as he searched his memory for the nearest stable, then he also thought about the conditions they would potentially be fighting under and said, "I think the horse can wait. We'll need torches if we were to fight in the dark. One must always be prepared for the battle."

Turning to Alena, he asked her, "Do we want to split up and each get either the horse or torches sepparately or you're not confident about going alone?"

Eastern Emocni, Aman

Qaahir was impressed at the preparedness of his companion. Qaahir whistled softly and said, "Now that's handy. I guess you have what it takes to survive in the world. Alright, the nearest place we can get horses would be down near Agrah. I know a man there who rents them cheaply."

With that, Qaahir began walking back towards the direction of the place he met Alena.

Alena followed silently. She wasn't sure how she'd do around horses. When she first accompanied her dad on his fishing trips, she was horribly seasick. She grew out of it, but the thought of being on something that she wasn't accustomed to made her full belly lurch a little.

Please please PLEASE don't let me get sick on a horse!

Eastern Emocni, Aman

Faizal whispered words of encouragement to the foal that was learning to walk. He had been caring for horses for barely a decade, hence his experience was no where near as complete as some of the wiser stablemasters that have been around. In order to compete with then, Faizal had to depend heavily on lower costing horse rental, which lead to more returns in the long run than selling an expensive horse. It helped that his stable was situated near Agrah, where those who sought cheaper travel options would go to.

Only a few minutes ago his prized mare had given birth to a newborn faol, and Faizal was eager to see it walk. He laughed heartily when he saw the foal crawled close enough to its mother to drink its milk. So happy was he that when he heard the arrival of two new customers, he rushed out to meet them while still coated in left overs from the birthing of the foal.

Qaahir entered the stable and called out to Faizal. He was so shocked to see the stablemaster covered in something that he let out a choke as he said, "Hey Faiza...ulp...WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!"

Edited by Rothene

Alena blinked. She'd seen people covered in. . .less than desirable liquids before (usually when there were a lot of fish to gut, and not enough time to do it all). Qaahir's reaction took her by surprise. Wouldn't a tough guy like him be accustomed to gross things?

"Uh, hi?"

Eastern Emocni, Aman

Faizal stared at the face of the Emocnian in front of him for a while, then his eyes widened in recognition as he said, "Ah...Khallid! Haven't seen you in...years. Fancy seeing you here so suddenly."

"It's Qaahir," corrected Qaahir, "Heh, I heard you opened a stable around here from Hisham a few months back. If I knew you were here, I'd have looked for you everytime I got here."

"I see...forgive my poor memory Qaahir" said Faizal, "So this is friendly chatter or business?"

"Unfortunately, it's business. I have a job to do, but I'll be needing a horse to get it done," explained Qaahir.

"In that case, how long will you need the horse?" asked Faizal as he started mentally counting how much should he charge an old acquaintance for a month. He still had a quarter of his full stock, half of the ones sent out are due to return in a week.

"Just one, and it should return by tomorrow noon," said Qaahir.

"Ah, in that case you borrow one for free as a favour," said Faizal.

"Awesome!" exclaimed Qaahir as Faizal raised a hand to draw his attention.

"In exchange, I would like you to help me fetch my stable boy. He usually has his break at Agrah, but seems to be running late today. His name is Dave, a Rekamite," said Faizal, "You can identify him with his short blonde hair and white robes of a curate."

"A curate?" asked Qaahir puzzled.

"Yes, a curate. He comes around to earn some money as well as learn to work his magic on the horses," explained Faizal, "In the meantime I'll need to clean myself."

"And if we don't find him?" asked Qaahir.

"Then just come back here," said Faizal as he disappeared into his home next to the stable.

"Hmph, typical of him to give orders and leave," muttered Qaahir, "Well Alena, looks like we've got some errand work as early as before the mission starts."

Then as he turned to face Alena, he said, "Sorry about not introducing you to Faizal immediately."

if you're up for it, I might have a stat battle to pull off which would need us being around. Sorry if this entire post feels rushed and that Alena ends up appearing like some person merely tagging along

Edited by Rothene

Zoey smiled at Saqui with a happy little clap. "That sounds like him, could you show me the way? 'The far end' could mean a couple of places to me." She asked the girl, standing up and brushing some of her hair out of her face.

Not a problem! Alena's not one to chat up strangers, anyway. We're usually on at the same time, so it should be fine.

Had a wandering seer told Alena that her day would start with two jobs, she would've scoffed. Now, she sighed and looked around. She didn't remember seeing anyone with fair hair in these parts, and--

Someone with the dress and hair the stablemaster described ran right in front of her and down a side street. Without a word, Alena tugged at her companion's sleeve, pointed down the street she saw the fair-headed whoever run down, and gave chase.

Western Nialp

"Right this way," said Saqui as she grabbed hold onto Zoey's hand and pulled her to the place the Tsaen military men were doing their sparring at.

When they reached there, Saqui pointed to a tall Tsaen man lying down on the grass snoring heavily with a huge sword beside him and said, "I'm not sure, but I think that is the man you're looking for."

Ken parried and weaved among Chaen Lang's newest batch of soldiers and frowned. They were too inexperienced to execute their attacks properly, with too many wasted movements and openings that he could easily capitalise on.

But when they actually work together and try to steer him in directions favourable to them, they actually manage to get unleash attacks that would have been fatal had this been a battlefield. It becomes exceptionally hard to watch everyone of them when they start circling around him and striking in unison.

So this is what you're trying to teach me eh, Chaen Lang? I still lack the skill to handle too many foes at once...and then he noticed the arrival of two newcomers. His momentary distraction earned him a jab by one of the soldiers, who promptly stopped and spoke up to apologise as the rest of his comrades lowered their weapons.

"Nah, it's only a scratch. Let's continue," said Ken as he tried to shut off any distractions from his mind.

~~~

Eastern Emocni, Aman

Dave ran as fast as he could. Why are these Emocnians chasing me? What have I ever done to them?

It was breakfast as usual for him going into Agrah and eating the low quality, but extrememly cheap fare. He did not take the free meals handed out by his temple as he earned his own money now, he did not need the donations of the faithful which would be better off feeding orphans.

He knew those who serve the Heirophants of Laynia tend to be looked down upon as narrow minded by the general Emocnian population as they valued their magical arts. But outright antagonistic behavior like the one exhibited by those drunk mercenaries in Agrah was something both new and frightening to the Rekamite. Some Emocnians and outsiders decided to get in the way of the fight, until those men threatened to use their weapons against anyone who would interfere.

But those men who stood up to those mercenaries, no matter how short lived that attempt was, had managed to buy him some time to run out of the tavern and down the streets to head back to the temple.

As he was on his way, he passed by an Emocnian man and his female companion, who curiously started pointing at him and gave chase. Could she also be after me too? Why does the world suddenly despise us faithful?

Qaahir was looking at the completely wrong direction when Alena spotted Dave and was baffled when she suddenly spoke up and gave chase. He turned and saw her bolt off after a blonde haired person in the distance, then intinctively glanced the opposite direction. What ever made that guy run, it's not to the stables for sure, so he must be avoiding something, thought Qaahir as he observed what Dave could have been running from.

He was answered with a whole group of men running past him with axe drawn and some dripping blood.

Immediately, Qaahir ran behind them as fast as he could. If bloodshed is going to be involved, Faizal better provide his best steed, grumbled Qaahir in his mind. A fight just after eating was one of the least pleasant things in the world.

Western Nialp

As soon as he heard foot steps approach him, Chaen Lang stirred. The moment Zoey spoke to him, he opened his eyes to see her and asked while still lying down, "Who are you? Leader of the caravan? Pah! I'm just in charge of making sure those who pay me get across this lands safely. Why do you ask Rekamite?"