If Jamka had innate pursuit would you pair him with Aideen instead of Midir?

Darros

47 members have voted

1. 1. Y/N

• Yes I would.
    • No I wouldn't.
    • I already pair Aideen with Jamka.
    • I don't pair Aideen with Midir or Jamka.

The title is misleading. The title should be "If Jamka had Puruit as a citizen skill would you pair him with Aideen instead of Midir?"

Granted I know what you meant and said that I would pair her with Aideen (Now Midir or Jamka for Aideen is not even close), but still.

The only misleading part I can kind of see is where it says "instead of Midir", which if read wrong can imply Jamka X Midir.

...hawt

Well, duh. If Pursuit wasn't a class skill for Archers and Jamka could pass it down to Midir, Midir would lose the one main advantage he has as a father to Lester.

Hell yeah!

Also, in a future playthrough where the Pursuit Ring is in less demand, I'll try JamkaXAdean.

The only misleading part I can kind of see is where it says "instead of Midir", which if read wrong can imply Jamka X Midir.

...hawt

:lol:

Yes. Midir wouldn't have anything better than Jamka that i'd consider worthwhile in such a case.

This. Jamuka's stats are just better; I've found both Midir and Midir!Lester to be a bit mediocre.

It really all depends on what I'm planning. It would make Jamuka!Lester better than Midayle!Lester. But at the same time, it would also make other opportunities in the forms of Bridget (a pairing with whom makes Faval a Jamuka clone with Ichival access as it is, but the Pursuit would be more for Patty's benefit), Lachesis, and Tiltyu, open for Jamuka.

Edited by Elmer

Allow me to show you my last Midir!Lester.

dm9s11.png

If I knew that's what he was gonna get, I would've paired Aideen with Jamka, especially if he had Pursuit as a citizen skill. My Jamka!Faval had more skill at that level.

Eh, at least he's got defense.

Edited by Oreo

Allow me to show you my last Midir!Lester.

dm9s11.png

If I knew that's what he was gonna get, I would've paired Aideen with Jamka, especially if he had Pursuit as a citizen skill. My Jamka!Faval had more skill at that level.

Eh, at least he's got defense.

What are you complaining about, though? According to FE Averages, you only got screwed in Skill by 5 and lolLuck by 7. As far as other stats go, the +4 in Defense is nice, and you did cap Speed.

And where's the Brave Bow?

What are you complaining about, though? According to FE Averages, you only got screwed in Skill by 5 and lolLuck by 7. As far as other stats go, the +4 in Defense is nice, and you did cap Speed.

And where's the Brave Bow?

Thing is, he had less skill (and ofc pretty much less in everything else but defense) than my Jamka!Faval, so I had given all the other bows to Faval because he had shown far more usefulness than him. If I had known Midir would give me skill as bad as that, I would've paired Aideen with Jamka for more HP and Strength.

That's all.

Edited by Oreo

Thing is, he had less skill (and ofc pretty much less in everything else but defense) than my Jamka!Faval, so I had given all the other bows to Faval because he had shown far more usefulness than him. If I had known Midir would give me skill as bad as that, I would've paired Aideen with Jamka for more HP and Strength.

That's all.

So, because Lester didn't grow a lot of skill, you want him to have an even lower skill growth?

Considering it's possible to get multiple skill rings in this game, I'm sure one bad stat isn't going to ruin him as a unit. I've done the pairing before, and he wasn't held back significantly at all compared to my other units; in fact, he was one of the first to promote. (and no, I don't recall giving him the pursuit ring either)

So, because Lester didn't grow a lot of skill, you want him to have an even lower skill growth?

And as for the "lower in everything except defense" part, maybe it's because Snipers have better bases and caps than Arch Knights do in this game? And another thing, shouldn't Faval have Ichival by that point? I mean giving Faval all the bows you have on hand except for an Iron Bow and a Killer Bow just seems counter-intuitive to me.

Edited by Cybernetic Ghost

I guess you could say that. Faval's caps are better, and he does have a holy weapon, so that really does make him more useful than Lester in general. I gave the hero bow to him because I knew Faval would make better use out of it than Lester; he activated charge more than enough with the Killer Bow, and I trusted the 100hit on Killer Bow with his 12 skill or so at the time of the chapter starting. Not to mention Faval hadn't been activating charge at all. Lester mainly stayed behind and only killed a few sages the whole final chapter anyway, and activated charge when needed. Chances are I wasn't gonna be using Lester more than Faval in the whole chapter anyway, so I felt I might as well put the bow on a unit that'll be in the front lines.

Edited by Oreo