Let's play H5!

So anyway, after finishing RRR2 and having a save slot open up, I decided to do my first Hard Mode run. I've attempted and failed, but this time I will preserve!

This is NOT an efficiency run. This is a test of skill.

Any suggestions to make it harder for me? Want to be sadistic? Nothing like random classes or PMY, but this is what I'm going by so far..

No shopping except in preparations screen.

No warping.

No reclassing.

No RNG abuse - I won't abuse a save point for crits or stats, at all.

... And if someone dies, I won't reset the chapter.

I think that's good enough? I won't be posting any chapter-specific stuff or anything, but I might post my feelings from time to time. Suggestions? Comments? Wishes of luck? Want to bet whether something like this will be doable or whether I won't be able to finish? I'm betting I won't be able to take it all, but I'll do my best!

Edited by mmKALLL

I just cleared chapter 2, and so far pretty nice success.

So far dead:

Chapter 1 - Draug, Shiida

Chapter 2 - Cain

Looking pretty good though.

Ogma is a pirate-slayer, lol, and the thieves are suddenly competetive against my units, yow!

I'm in the middle of a no-death H5 run myself, and I couldn't imagine getting through a lot of the areas without the units you already let die (Cain especially.)

Still, you have a lot of good ones left, and you're taking your time to get through the game, so victory is still very likely. Even though no shopping except in the prep screen means that nearly all your weapons will be irons/fires/heals. Hope the stronger weapons you find don't break before you can get more of them.

Since you asked for suggestions, here's some unsolicited advice you may already know:

-DON'T use the arena! You normally should have enough money from everything outside of it, especially if you're only prep-shopping.

-Wendell is pretty useful for a pre-promote. Magic and healbot in one package and good to last if he procs the right stats.

-You may want a bow user for when fliers start appearing. H5 gives enemies a lot of health to burn down through.

-On any Hard mode, enemy reinforcements appear and move at the start of Enemy Phase, instead of just appearing at the end. Be aware of this.

Once more, good luck!

Yeah, Shiida died :angry: but I said no to resets. Damn. I'm a masochistic fool, I know.

Yeah, enemy-phase reinforcements are pretty annoying, amongst a ton of other shitty stuff. Especially the huge HP the enemies have and the amazing stats/weapons, but I'll get through or die trying.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.. I just can't clear chapter 3, no matter how well I play to the extent of knowledge I have. Butt. (without deaths, that is - but I don't want to sacrifice people mellow.gif )

Anyway, I restarted on H3. Chapter 2 currently, no deaths so far. Chapter 1 took 18 turns.

Because of this is easier by default by a lot, I'll add the following:

No save points

No arena

I lose on first Game Over.

So, yeah, and stuff.

Edited by mmKALLL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, now I'm back to H5 and decided to just beat it without warping, everything else is allowed.

This game deserves my approval of being both extremely easy and extremely hard. Props.

Anyway, I'm sorta stuck at Chapter 10 - I don't know how to deal with the reinforcements, the horsemen are painful. I can't advance through the castle either (due to everyone dieing to the sniper and archers and I need people and all my healers to just hold off the door) and now I'm clogged to the doorway. I already determined that trying to run is futile for my team. It's just that I end up killing someone and something unexpected happens and I lose over and over again..

Shiida da bess, Barst is a killing tank and Ogma is very good against the pirates/fighters.

1: Straight left.

2: Straight up, kill boss.

3: Loop to the right, grab Maria, grab Minerva.

4: Profit!

Tops, you only have to take a wave of reinforcements.

EDIT: Extra tip, if you send a Cavalier/Draco North from your start, part of the Pegasus/DK brigade gets diverted for the much longer run around the castle. It's nice.

Edited by Integrity

^I tried this already but I already have to waste two turns with the cavaliers in the beginning and then my clerics would get slaughtered :'(

I forgot to mention, but I'm also not reclassing any non-generics.

I forgot to mention, but I'm also not reclassing any non-generics.

No shopping except in preparations screen.

No warping.

No reclassing.

No RNG abuse - I won't abuse a save point for crits or stats, at all.

... And if someone dies, I won't reset the chapter.

Actually, you remembered to.