Unlockables

Psych

What do you think we'll get from playing through the game multiple times?

7 had the different modes.

8 had another route to try and super trainees, even if they weren't that good. Plus the secrete tower/ruins characters.

9 had various arts and trial maps

10 had Pelleas and Lehran.

12 got you unlocked classes, Lunatic reversal.

I see the game maybe having two routes again if that one girl is a lord and we have the map again. Thanks to thank, there will probably be secret grinding area characters.

What else do you see unlocked? People? Routes? Promotions? Candy?

Hentai scenes

Personally I would like to see the idea of trial maps again. It's one thing for a unit to have poor availability, but in most games, you can still make use of them somewhat post game, be it trial maps like Fe6 or 9, a world map like 8, or having to settle, a link arena. It's probably the thing I disliked the most about FE10.

So either the ability to traverse the world map and skirmish post game like FE8, or trial maps, though the first would be better overall. Don't forget the hentai scenes.

Additional characters is also a thought, again, it lends itself to an FE8 like approach, although instead of something like the tower, perhaps the equivalent is postgame only? This stops in game grinding, and gives another challenge for the player in postgame.

Trial maps have been the best way to go thus far...and FE8's overworld exploration factor. They should employ both into the game.

This isn't an "extra," but I think there should be multiple lords (2-3) with multiple storylines (like FE8). Or possibly like FE6 where certain actions put you in a certain version of a chapter (10A and 10B for example). Or, again, possibly both (although that would REALLY be going all-out for us. It might also be too complex to really work).

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I would like a FE8 Ruins in this game but much harder so it's possible for the "casuals" to finish the game and then the "hardcores" can go on playing a real challange.

I liked the FE:6 method too that the storyline continues if you have all legendairy weapons.

Normal Mode

Hard Mode

Though I think a post-game cross between trial maps and the ruins with FE12 Lunatic mode difficulty would be good, FE8's was too easy, too repetitive(same monsters, same looking maps) and boring.

after completing the game, you can go back in time and replay whatever chapter you want with your characters staying the same level and keeping their weapons.

would be fun.

but yes, multiple routes (FE8 or FE6 style, both seem fine to me) would be the best. realistic thing they could add IMO

bonus characters for 2nd PT is great too.

I'd say avoid characters in the main game as rewards for multiple playthroughs (As well as things like Bands in FE9 and the Reclass limit removal in FE12), most of the other stuff would probably be good.

I assume you're kidding?

I... actually feel inclined to agree with Crash.

What the fuck...

My reasoning is it seems passing strange to unlock through achievement things that make the game easier. Unless there's, like, a hierarchy, so one can help to get the next. Like, good luck doing Lunatic without extended reclass (I mean, it's been done, but...) but say with something like the Bands... then again, I've heard Maniac Mode is really rough. And, well, enough people find NORMAL tough.

It's hard placing myself in the boots of a rookie.

I dunno. I'm mostly indifferent.

I think for FE10 atleast there was no point in having extra characters unlockable on subsuquent playthroughs. Due to their direct relation on the plot both times it just makes you question why they didn't join on your first playthrough. Like Pelleas who could have easily joined based on your decision in part 3 and Lehran who could have easily had the same criteria to join during your first playthrough.

Though if they can come up with a good reason, as long as the character isn't better than other units there shouldn't be a problem. It could be a good way to give you different characters, like Dark Magic users or Brigands. Just put them together with the post game trial/ruins maps, beating the map unlocks that character (or better yet a gaiden chapter for that character) in your later playthroughs.

If I like a game enough, I'll replay it on my own volition. No need for all these artificial rewards that are really contents removed from the first playthrough.

And I stand by the opinion that achievements/trophies are easily the worst thing that this generation has introduced to gaming.

Unlocking features like the Sound Room or Support Gallery is far more sensible.

• 9 months later...