Mechanics that you want

Galenforcer

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Liz wants to be a viable axe user, she needs like a 75% STR growth at least. I mean, that would only give her 21 STR at max level, which is not too great compared to most FE games, especially when it would be a pain to get her there.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if the game turns out to be surprisingly long and with three tier classes. Battle Sister hardly sounds like an engame class. Maybe Zealot or something. War Priestess?

Looking into things:

In FE3/4/5/6/9/11/12, promotion gains are the difference between the two classes' base stats. (Except HP in FE4/5, which doesn't increase at all.) I would assume it's also true for FE1, but I couldn't find info on promotion gains to check. I did some calculations, and it appears to also be true for FE13, assuming those wheels represent base stats, which seems very likely.

In FE7/8/10, on the other hand, promotion gains are disconnected from class base stats and very arbitrary. FE2 uses the promoted class's base stats, but as a minimum.

I calculated projected base stats for the classes here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=30975&view=findpost&p=1884467

It's worth noting that for Cavalier and Paladin, the projected base stats for the FE13 class are equal to or greater than the corresponding stats for the FE6 class in every stat.

Great Knights appear very well balanced with Paladins: +1 Mag, +1 Skl, +3 Spd, +5 Res, and +1 Move vs. +2 Str, +4 Def, and Axes. Even if the two aren't equal, they each have substantial advantages over the other. It seems much better than how they compared in FE8, which was really just a question of whether you care about Move or not.

And just because I feel like it:

Cleric

Str: 0

Mag: 3

Skl: 2

Spd: 4

Def: 1

Res: 6

Sage

Str: 1 (+1)

Mag: 7 (+4)

Skl: 5 (+3)

Spd: 7 (+3)

Def: 4 (+3)

Res: 5 (-1)

Battle Cleric

Str: 5 (+5)

Mag: 5 (+2)

Skl: 4 (+2)

Spd: 6 (+2)

Def: 6 (+5)

Res: 6 (+0)

Cleric similarly has all of its base stats equal or better than its FE6 counterpart. Sage has a couple of losses, depending on whether it's compared to the male or female version of the FE6 class, but regardless, its stats seem higher overall as well.

I guess this is a time to wonder about whether or not the male/female class distinctions will carry over. I'm hoping they don't; they always seemed unnecessary and only serving to weaken the female classes. They weren't in FE11/12, but that was probably just because they weren't in FE1/3, either, so it remains to be seen whether or not IS still wants to use the system in a game where the differences may be even more substantial.

If nothing else, it's worth noting that the Cleric and Battle Cleric classes will be strictly female, because of their Japanese names. So if the game has male Priests (like every game except FE7), they'll have their own class and promotion, although I think it's likely that they'll share Sage as an option like in FE8. We may or may not see this sort of thing with other classes.

Edited by Othin

Looking into things:

In FE3/4/5/6/9/11/12, promotion gains are the difference between the two classes' base stats. (Except HP in FE4/5, which doesn't increase at all.) I would assume it's also true for FE1, but I couldn't find info on promotion gains to check. I did some calculations, and it appears to also be true for FE13, assuming those wheels represent base stats, which seems very likely.

In FE7/8/10, on the other hand, promotion gains are disconnected from class base stats and very arbitrary. FE2 uses the promoted class's base stats, but as a minimum.

I calculated projected base stats for the classes here:

http://serenesforest...dpost&p=1884467

It's worth noting that for Cavalier and Paladin, the projected base stats for the FE13 class are equal to or greater than the corresponding stats for the FE6 class in every stat.

Great Knights appear very well balanced with Paladins: +1 Mag, +1 Skl, +3 Spd, +5 Res, and +1 Move vs. +2 Str, +4 Def, and Axes. Even if the two aren't equal, they each have substantial advantages over the other. It seems much better than how they compared in FE8, which was really just a question of whether you care about Move or not.

And just because I feel like it:

Cleric

Str: 0

Mag: 3

Skl: 2

Spd: 4

Def: 1

Res: 6

Sage

Str: 1 (+1)

Mag: 7 (+4)

Skl: 5 (+3)

Spd: 7 (+3)

Def: 4 (+3)

Res: 5 (-1)

Battle Cleric

Str: 5 (+5)

Mag: 5 (+2)

Skl: 4 (+2)

Spd: 6 (+2)

Def: 6 (+5)

Res: 6 (+0)

Cleric similarly has all of its base stats equal or better than its FE6 counterpart. Sage has a couple of losses, depending on whether it's compared to the male or female version of the FE6 class, but regardless, its stats seem higher overall as well.

I guess this is a time to wonder about whether or not the male/female class distinctions will carry over. I'm hoping they don't; they always seemed unnecessary and only serving to weaken the female classes. They weren't in FE11/12, but that was probably just because they weren't in FE1/3, either, so it remains to be seen whether or not IS still wants to use the system in a game where the differences may be even more substantial.

If nothing else, it's worth noting that the Cleric and Battle Cleric classes will be strictly female, because of their Japanese names. So if the game has male Priests (like every game except FE7), they'll have their own class and promotion, although I think it's likely that they'll share Sage as an option like in FE8. We may or may not see this sort of thing with other classes.

Is there any indication in the weapons that are used by the great knight or paladin?

and on a side note : After playing FE5 I can see why would you call yourself Othin xD...

I don't know enough Japanese to read the descriptions, but the Great Knight and Battle Cleric both have descriptions including the kanji 斧, meaning "axe". I don't see other weapon kanji I recognize (particularly 剣 for sword and 槍 for spear) in the Great Knight or Paladin descriptions, so I'm guessing Paladin is just sticking with the Cavalier's original equipment, probably swords and lances.

And yes.

If there's anything else you're curious about, I like poking around and explaining this stuff, so ask away.

Edited by Othin

I don't know enough Japanese to read the descriptions, but the Great Knight and Battle Cleric both have descriptions including the kanji 斧, meaning "axe". I don't see other weapon kanji I recognize (particularly 剣 for sword and 槍 for spear) in the Great Knight or Paladin descriptions, so I'm guessing Paladin is just sticking with the Cavalier's original equipment, probably swords and lances.

And yes.

If there's anything else you're curious about, I like poking around and explaining this stuff, so ask away.

I now call Othin the Pugi-Man xD