Mechanics that you want

Galenforcer

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering it's not a remake (which I'm hoping is the only reason it wasn't included in FE11 and 12), I'm sure Rescuing and probably Shoving too will be included.

I don't want to see Fatigue, because a mechanic that prevents me from using the units I want is a bad mechanic.

I'm believing Shoving to be a trait that will only be for FE9/10. It's one of those gimmicks which show up for the different worlds the games take place in.

It's probably being replaced by this ganging-up feature. I admit though, I really liked shoving for the same reason I liked rescuing--using it to get units just into--out out of--danger fields.

I'd still like to see a replay feature, a thing that tracks your commands throughout a map and the lets you watch all your actions in real-time at the end. Just to see the battle a different way from the go-and-pause method we're used to. And I'd like to see weapon levels be a lot harder to raise, or permanently locked by class. I have a habit of quickly getting to the highest rank without really trying...

I'll personally be happy as long as RD support system never makes a return. Generic supports FTL.

EDIT: Made that post too hastily, as long as supports aren't generic I don't mind how it actually works

I'm thinking the ganging up system could be pretty fun though I'm hoping for rescues to make a return too...I'm really careless when moving and it helps immensely if I could have a failsafe for if I move something wrongly...

Edited by Etlandis

RD's support system of being able to support anyone but with real conversations for specific pairs would be awesome. Best of both worlds. Rescuing I definitely want to see, and otherwise I don't mind much what they add or remove.

--Abilities, like FE5 and FE10. So awesome.

--Forging

--A new type of weapon. Functions like knives and bows (no advantage or weakness). Or maybe with that newly added weapon there can be two triangles like with magic in FE9/10.

--Not a mechanic, but I want more dark magic users. Most of the FE series dark magic users suck (at least post-Super Famicom).

--One-range bows that can counter-attack and attack.

--Support conversations

I'll think of more and add it later.

I don't want to see Fatigue, because a mechanic that prevents me from using the units I want is a bad mechanic.

How about a mechanic that encourages you to use units you might not think to use, hmm?

Going through the whole game with the same team is boring. Fatigue is a worthy addition to any FE game, with the exception of games like FE10 because it'd get all screwed up by the multiple teams and isn't as necessary in the first place for that reason.

Decent supports decent supports decent supports decent supports

This,

Limited reclassing. I abused it way too much in SD!

this with emphasis on the 'limited',

I'll support 1-range Bows.

and definitely NOT this unless there are Crossbows. Not even because it's Crash saying this.

... Unless they're all like 1-3 range like in FE2, I guess. That was cool.

Apart from that, Capture was nice.

How about a mechanic that encourages you to use units you might not think to use, hmm?

Going through the whole game with the same team is boring. Fatigue is a worthy addition to any FE game, with the exception of games like FE10 because it'd get all screwed up by the multiple teams and isn't as necessary in the first place for that reason.

Nothing is keeping you from using different characters/teams if you want to. You don't need Fatigue to switch teams.

FE9-style supports. Rescue. Interesting classes and good units in them. And some new stuff that I wouldn't even have thought of.

At the very least, we're pretty much guaranteed rescue and a proper support system.

Nothing is keeping you from using different characters/teams if you want to. You don't need Fatigue to switch teams.

False. You are keeping yourself from using different characters and teams throughout a playthrough. It's not something people will typically do on their own. It's an option, but not one people normally go for without a specific challenge dictating it, one imposed by themselves or by the game. This is a challenge imposed by the game to that end.

The expectations of the game further play a role in this. In a game that's designed to be played through with one small team, playing with a larger team gives up levels and stats, something typically avoided. In a game where all characters can be used continuously, it's often most effective, when playing the game normally to go through the game with a team aboutas big as you can bring into any given chapter.

There's also the strategy aspect. Not being able to use your best characters all the time means you have to think about when to use them, and adept to new strategies when you can't use them.

and definitely NOT this unless there are Crossbows. Not even because it's Crash saying this.

Why not? Are you afraid they'll break the game?

... Unless they're all like 1-3 range like in FE2, I guess. That was cool.

Actually, only the Bow you get when unequipped is 1-3 range, the rest were 1-5 range. :blink: Yeah, that was a proud day for Bows.

Why not? Are you afraid they'll break the game?

Actually, only the Bow you get when unequipped is 1-3 range, the rest were 1-5 range. :blink: Yeah, that was a proud day for Bows.

No, I'm against it on principle.

Bows were, by default, 1-3 range, unless you were an ArchKnight or had one equipped. Very few enemies did. My point stands.

False. You are keeping yourself from using different characters and teams throughout a playthrough. It's not something people will typically do on their own. It's an option, but not one people normally go for without a specific challenge dictating it, one imposed by themselves or by the game. This is a challenge imposed by the game to that end.

The expectations of the game further play a role in this. In a game that's designed to be played through with one small team, playing with a larger team gives up levels and stats, something typically avoided. In a game where all characters can be used continuously, it's often most effective, when playing the game normally to go through the game with a team aboutas big as you can bring into any given chapter.

There's also the strategy aspect. Not being able to use your best characters all the time means you have to think about when to use them, and adept to new strategies when you can't use them.

... But you can do that if you want to. Just the same way you can use bottom tier characters to make the game more challenging if you want to. No one, no one is keeping you from switching between units.

In fact, I think it's worse if they added Fatigue and they made you play that way. What if I want to beat the game using the same 5 or so characters? You can't do that in FE5, because your characters would get fatigued every three or so chapters.

In fact, all Fatigue does is restrict the player's freedom. Without Fatigue, you can do whatever you want: you can have different teams, you can solo the game with the Lord, you can just pick a team of 8 or so characters and beat the game with them... I like having the freedom to play the game however I want, and Fatigue doesn't give me that freedom.

FE2 bows were mega badass.

I do think some sort of weaker 1 range weapon for bows should exist, like there's 1-2 range for physical weapons. They've gotten the short end of the stick for a long time now. ;/