Mechanics that you want

Galenforcer

Actually I'd like to see knives usable by all classes or at least a knife that's universal - realistically speaking I don't think anyone would go out into the battlefield without SOME sort of side-arm, however small it may be. It'd also really help with leveling healers - they could sneak in a kill here and there and level up reasonable faster than ye olde 11 EXP per Heal.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like the game to expand upon the very gameplay fundamentals that are also found in the DS games and expanding on them, which it seems to be doing.

I'd also like to see the story to branch out depending on which locations you choose with perhaps even the endgame changing drastically.

What I'm more interested in though is the game's content side. So far everything from previous FEs is being put into a blender and spat out, from the weapon and location names to even entire dialogue lines. I like to see the actual game world to expand alongside the new and expanded gameplay features!

Rescue

Shove

Casual Mode without permadeath

Maces as a triangle-free melee weapon

Crossbows

Arquebuses/Jezails/Muskets that work just like crossbows, except no doubling and shit accuracy and 1-range but can deal TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE damage and spark a lulzworthy whine thread on SF by people who dislike gunpowder

New classes

New classes

New classes

Green units who don't die by chapter's end

Skills...especially like Reinforce from FE 9's Tanith, which was fucking awesome. Even better if you had some sort of summoning/leader character who can drum up hordes of soldiers at will.

On healers, give them double the amount of EXP, based on the DS Fire Emblems. Alm staff stays at 100, but everything else should double. They gain levels the slowest, but don't fight at all.

In my experience, DS healers level at quite a good pace. Unless you play incredibly fast, I can't imagine that they'd fall behind in level.

In my experience, DS healers level at quite a good pace. Unless you play incredibly fast, I can't imagine that they'd fall behind in level.

I've always had trouble with my healers.

How about double the EXP that GBA healers get, but only on normal staffs (heal, mend, recover)?

Edited by Phoenix Wright

^I think it depends on how early and frequently you get Physic staffs. Once you've got those and even more when you get fortify staves the healers EXP gain generally sky rockets since(moreso in the DS games) they can heal practically every turn from a safe distance and get more EXP.

But yeah I think the normal 1 range staves should give more EXP.

Edited by arvilino

I think that might actually end up with less EXP per heal unless it's something like a Fighter, Warrior or a character with 1 or 2 HP remaining. What I'd like to see is the current rate (17) with extra EXP for for every X(2 or 3 maybe) points HP healed.

If anyone here has followed DoF, a FE7 Romhack with doubled EXP like PW is suggesting, you'll have seen that the first staff user you get typically took only 7 chapters to cap her level, and did so far earlier than any other character. 22 exp per heal is way too fast. Most combat characters don't even come close to 22 exp per turn; for reference, the levelling pace needed to S Rank FE7 is about 121 EXP per turn.

In addition, making healing based on damage healed only makes things more difficult for healers, not less. It also disadvantages lower levelled healers who have less magic. Healing exp would actually speed up as time goes on rather than slow down.

If anyone here has followed DoF, a FE7 Romhack with doubled EXP like PW is suggesting, you'll have seen that the first staff user you get typically took only 7 chapters to cap her level, and did so far earlier than any other character. 22 exp per heal is way too fast. Most combat characters don't even come close to 22 exp per turn; for reference, the levelling pace needed to S Rank FE7 is about 121 EXP per turn.

In addition, making healing based on damage healed only makes things more difficult for healers, not less. It also disadvantages lower levelled healers who have less magic. Healing exp would actually speed up as time goes on rather than slow down.

Hm, that is bad.

Healers were always my first units to promote in the DS games, so I don't know what you guys' problem is.

IIRC dondon once brought up that the promotion time of healers can vary a lot. If you don't use them except when absolutely necessary they aren't going to level very often, and if you play like me and spamheal every chance you get, they're almost always the first ones promoted (Aideen and Ethlin promoted in Chapter 2 woohoo!)

IIRC dondon once brought up that the promotion time of healers can vary a lot. If you don't use them except when absolutely necessary they aren't going to level very often, and if you play like me and spamheal every chance you get, they're almost always the first ones promoted (Aideen and Ethlin promoted in Chapter 2 woohoo!)

To be fair, Aideen and Ethlin get 20/15 EXP per heal unlike, say, Priscilla, Rhys or Mist, who will only get 11-12 EXP per heal for quite a while. Admittedly I always finds that Saul/Ellen/Clarine are the first to promote in FE6 HM but I have a feeling that that's due to chapter design and the like.

Because it's not like fighting units get punished for being worse at their job than other fighting units or anything.

Because it's not like fighting units get punished for being worse at their job than other fighting units or anything.

The "punishment" should be that they have lower stats; in other words punishing them again by giving them slow exp gain is stupid. Imagine if Ross had lower exp gain than Garcia. Or Seth had better exp gain than Franz. There is already precious little reason to put effort into growth units without making their situation worse.

Also, after reading something Killer Poleaxe said in an FE10 topic, I'd suggest Brave Tomes like Olwen's Dime Thunder from FE5.

Perhaps we could have Dime Thunder, Dime Fire, Dime Wind, Dime Light(ning) and Dime Flux or something along those lines.

Admittedly I always finds that Saul/Ellen/Clarine are the first to promote in FE6 HM but I have a feeling that that's due to chapter design and the like.

And I always find that Clarine is the last to promote in FE6. Saul only promotes early after I spam away over half of my Barrier staff and get him to promotion for Warp by chapter 14x, and even then he promotes after Rutger and Noah.

DoF has +10 base EXP gain per staff use for all staff users, but I still find that the mounted healer in that hack can only keep up in level with my other combat units. Others who play much more casually will max out her level within 5 maps. It's all about playstyle, and it's not really possible to balance out staff EXP gain to accommodate all playstyles. I've always felt that 10 base staff EXP in the GBA FEs was too slow, and I've even felt that the accelerated staff EXP gain in the DS FEs was still a little too slow.

oh oh, I got some more "I want this in" Crap

-New Game +

-Ranking :: Preferably combine the 2. you get ~let's say 15stars max in 1 run, with those stars you can buy "boosts" (example: pick all units with you but base lvl is now 1 for everyone, or maxed stats becomes +2 in the next run like transfers for FE10)

-Bexp :: more in the style of FE10 when lvling and FE9 in the methods to get it.(don't kill X person, don't kill anyone, don't get seen,etc. They all add more gameplay fun to the game then the general "just slaughter everyone".

-Bexp :: more in the style of FE10 when lvling and FE9 in the methods to get it.(don't kill X person, don't kill anyone, don't get seen,etc. They all add more gameplay fun to the game then the general "just slaughter everyone".

Actually, I think that FE9's BEXP would work better since it's more like a real level as opposed to FE10's cap-rammy nonsense.

I'd like BEXP to work like FE12 arena (essentially, if you have growths of XYZ%, you grow X stats with a YZ% chance of growing one more. If a stat is capped, it doesn't count, so if you have ~4 capped stats, expect 1-2 stat levels from this). But I would still like FE9's style of gaining it, with it perhaps being a little more expensive relatively in the mid levels.

Edited by Tableskitty