PS3 games like Fire Emblem

Darthvader

I will soon finish compiling a database that should make it possible to play Berwick Saga with little to no issues from the language barrier. (Honestly, it's pretty much already at that point, but there are a few more things I want to get sorted out before doing anything with it.)

Berwick Saga is a fantastic game; I highly recommend playing it before or after I finish the database. Feel free to annoy me into completing it faster; that tends to be effective.

Disgaea 3 & 4 are both on PS3 and fairly high rated SRPGs. I guess Valkyria Chronicles counts, but it isn't grid-based and the gameplay is really nothing like Fire Emblem, unless your only requirement is that it has to be a turn-based battle system with map-to-map battle progression. In that case, the Record of Agarest War series are all available on PS3 and more similar to FE than VC is. There are lots of old SRPGs you can buy on PSN as well if you haven't played them.

SRPGs have never been a popular genre, this generation has been especially unkind to fans in the Americas :P:.

Super Robot Wars OG3 is one to look out for in the future, apart from Disgaea it's about as close to FE as you're gonna get on the PS3. Speaking of, is it 3 or just another installment in the OG series? I forget.

Edited by Tangerine

Super Robot Wars OG3 is one to look out for in the future, apart from Disgaea it's about as close to FE as you're gonna get on the PS3. Speaking of, is it 3 or just another installment in the OG series? I forget.

It's weird. If you follow it by the GBA names, the new OG game is OG3 since you have 1 and 2 on GBA, 2.5 (OGG) on PS2 and this new one being OG3.

The official name of the new OG is "The 2nd SRW OG" though, making the 2 GBA games remake (OGS) the "official" OG1.

On-topic: If "like Fire Emblem" is very specific, your only options are Tearring Saga and Berwick Saga which aren't PS3. Otherwise, go with what the fruit said and if it's not limited to PS3, you can also find Disgaea 2 and maybe the Super Robot Wars series but that only has 2 games in English and 3 with a full translation that are playable through emulation.

Edited by Sirius

fukcing do it, I want to play the game.

Oh, I'm sure you don't want to worry about my little undertaking; I'm using name translations that actually mean something in English.

Edited by Othin

I was also going to say Valkyria Chronicles. The differences are you pick units from a list instead of recruiting them, they level by class instead of individually, free movement instead of a grid, and there isn't much diversity within weapon groups. Other than that, I loved it, but maybe that's just the Skies of Arcadia fanboy in me. There is some slightly fantastical stuff; it's not all realistic like other gun-based games. There are some neat features like being able to retreat and redeploy from different bases on a map, skills that actively make a character worse on purpose, unlimited vulneraries, and weapon R&D.

Edited by The Awesomest