Reclassing Competition

Darros

Sain.png

RULES

-16 colors(15 +Background color), not very strict on this one unless you enter something Jpeg'd. NO RAINBOWS.

- Winner will pick the next sprite, no dragon please

- Edit as much as you want. Splices, FCs and PCs all work.

You know I don't see why they won't give us a male peg knight, after all Perseus rode the pegasus first. I think someone at IE got pegasi mixed up with unicorns XP

Maybe they mixed it with winged ponies.

You know I don't see why they won't give us a male peg knight, after all Perseus rode the pegasus first. I think someone at IE got pegasi mixed up with unicorns XP

We don't know that for sure. Maybe Athena or somebody else rode him first. Anyway, I think female riders make sense because of con related issues - the pegasus is supposed to be as manueverable as possible in combat so you'd want a light rider, methinks...?

Actually, Bellepheron was the first to ride Pegasus.

It's a story, so we don't know if anyone rode Pegasus. The only combined mythology I know of, Chimera by John Barth, features Perseus riding pegasus first and then Bellerophon riding it. This is logical, if both rode pegasus - again, myth, remember, it's myth, like any body of knowledge it changes over time - then Bellerophon should come second because it was after his ride to Olympus that Pegasus became a constellation. Assumably, mortal men do not ride constellations, frozen as they are in the sky.

Edited by Blue Mars

There are plenty of men lighter than average sized women. I'm fairly average in size, but I have several guy friends who are both taller and more lightweight than I am (Dan I'm looking at you) and I don't think they're they type that get snapped in half by my little finger. I mean, it doesn't make sense for a berserker-sized man riding a pegasus (amusing as it would be, I'd support it), but a smaller-built guy? Guy could probably make a good manpeg if he used lances. Hell, he'd have AWESOME rescue because GBA rescue formulas are blaugh.

That being said, I might just enter this. Dunno yet, since I have two more mugs to finish by this week, but if I have time.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

Honestly no idea why FE is gender specific when it comes to priest and cleric, now if you replaced cleric with nun that I could understand. Because this guy is a cleric XD

BigYeslick.jpg

Because FE priest and clerics are most obviously modeled after sex-segregated monks/priests and nuns. The best evidence of this comes from Palmeini (spelling?) temple, where you have only male priests inhabiting it.

I get that, I think they are even were SUPPOSED to be called nuns, but why they used Cleric instead is beyond me.7

Edit: well thinking on it I guess it isn't really anyone's fault, FE7 was released here first and had no priests, so they probably didn't know the class was gender specific until FE8 came out and by that time cleric was already in use.

Edited by iavasechui