Scientists break speed of light

Ken Zomg

Should I assume everyone interested has already read the paper in question? I found it interesting that the time measurement was made based on a comparison of probability distribution function waveforms, and not as the difference between a trigger start and trigger stop event.

Also, the measurement of the distance baseline was pretty interesting too, using the high precision GPS, though the translation method was not entirely what I was expecting. Seeing the graph register the earthquake along with the regular drift in the Earth's crust was pretty cool (and xkcd already commented on it).

Should I assume everyone interested has already read the paper in question? I found it interesting that the time measurement was made based on a comparison of probability distribution function waveforms, and not as the difference between a trigger start and trigger stop event.

Also, the measurement of the distance baseline was pretty interesting too, using the high precision GPS, though the translation method was not entirely what I was expecting. Seeing the graph register the earthquake along with the regular drift in the Earth's crust was pretty cool (and xkcd already commented on it).

Being a not-physicist I don't really understand any of that, but does it mean they haven't even validated the method?

Wait I have a question.

Why is this called "scientists break speed of light". The scientists didn't do it. The particles in question did. Unless you argue that the particles were stationary and everything else was moving around them or some shit.

Being a not-physicist I don't really understand any of that, but does it mean they haven't even validated the method?

Not exactly. What it means is that in this field, things are so specialized, sometimes not even other physics can immediately figure out what's going on without some deep immersion.