Sugar Mini Mafia

Psych

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. WTF, I'M the one from Hawaii! What's this kid from Freezingland doing with Sugar Cane?

Oi, BC has a temperate climate.

...wtf

So, uh, like...

Paper dies and Snike has his role revealed? There's either some serious shit going on, or Psych is trolling. Or maybe both.

Give me a few minutes to re-read the thread before I do anything.

Alright... It's a bit difficult to read anything off what happened, considering the lack of info regarding Paper's role.

Assuming Paper was town... Several people (me, Naglfar, Lorddomu, Kevin) voted for him, although for differing reasons (policy, policy?, assuring a lynch, and trying to assure a lynch after we learned of the 50% rule, respectively). From what I can tell, nobody really seemed to be particularly suspicious of him, however, so I'm not sure if him dying would have any particular meaning in that case.

Assuming Paper wasn't town... Psych is trolling harder than Arch could ever possibly hope to.

In any case, however this happened, we have a living clear, so it would probably make sense if we let him lead the town (as far as it is possible in NOC, at least).

I'm of the opinion/assumption the mafia noticed how Paper said he only needed 1 night to do whatever he was going to do, so they killed him and they have a janitor.

However, there is always a chance that is not the case.

In any case, however this happened, we have a living clear, so it would probably make sense if we let him lead the town (as far as it is possible in NOC, at least).

Probably clear... the role might have been manipulated in some way...

I'm of the opinion/assumption the mafia noticed how Paper said he only needed 1 night to do whatever he was going to do, so they killed him and they have a janitor.

However, there is always a chance that is not the case.

Hmm I think this is a possibility. Given that killing roles/factions usually don't have much information for the first kill, coupled with Paperblade being a good target in general, it seems like a somewhat likely scenario.

For the time being, it also seems unlikely that Paperblade was mafia. If he was, it'd necessarily mean we have another killing role (as the mafia wouldn't kill one of their own members), and in that case we'd be missing a kill.

I guess we could try to at least narrow his role down a bit... assuming he was town, what roles would only need one shot to be useful...?

Probably clear... the role might have been manipulated in some way...

I guess, but I can't really imagine how a role capable of doing that would look, and much less how it wouldn't be considered broken.

It at least can't be an anti-town announcer fooling around, as quoting role PMs isn't allowed.

Paperblade is an oracle or something.

...that makes sense.

Paperblade targets you. Paperblade gets killed and janned. Paperblade's role PM remains hidden while yours is revealed.

I have yet to see an anti-town oracle, so I guess we can assume he was town?

Paperblade is an oracle or something.

That's very possible.

I guess, but I can't really imagine how a role capable of doing that would look, and much less how it wouldn't be considered broken.

It at least can't be an anti-town announcer fooling around, as quoting role PMs isn't allowed.

http://www.smogon.co...ue5/mafia_roles

One way to twist it is to turn it into a yes / no asker, by privately giving the announcer a confirm / deny result on the announcement. This caused a great deal of confusion in Viva la Mafia, where this first variant of the role (called Nostradamus) was announcing people as evil, when in reality, Nostradamus was just asking if they were.

I was thinking about something like this, obviously a bit different.

Well, role != alignment, but I would like to point at the number of kills again in this case.

http://www.smogon.co...ue5/mafia_roles

I was thinking about something like this, obviously a bit different.

...okay, but still, something that spits out role PMs in a game where quoting role PMs is banned?

However, I understand that we shouldn't completely rule out something like this as a possibility.

And yeah, role != alignment, though I would at least like to point out that a mafia oracle doesn't even really make sense. The town benefits from a role PM being revealed in public much more than the mafia does, as your average mafia don't particularly care about whom they kill as long as townies die. Obviously they'll go for a doc or something over a vanilla, but giving the mafia an oracle for that purpose? I can hardly see that happening.

And yeah, role != alignment, though I would at least like to point out that a mafia oracle doesn't even really make sense. The town benefits from a role PM being revealed in public much more than the mafia does, as your average mafia don't particularly care about whom they kill as long as townies die. Obviously they'll go for a doc or something over a vanilla, but giving the mafia an oracle for that purpose? I can hardly see that happening.

I dunno, it might have some use with multiple mafias?

In the end, we can probably agree that it's likely that Paper was town though, so we should probably focus on other stuff (namely today's lynch) for the time being.

Kaoz, why are you voting for me again?

It seems to take a long time to read through 6 pages and form an opinion on the events... though I do admit that I forgot about your midterms...

##Unvote

I still expect you to make a proper post before this day ends though... same goes for you Kay...

...that makes sense.

Paperblade targets you. Paperblade gets killed and janned. Paperblade's role PM remains hidden while yours is revealed.

I thought Oracle IS a mafia role and from what I have heard so far, Psych LOVES town Oracles.(I know this doesnt help,but this is all I have)

Oi, BC has a temperate climate.

Is it fit for year-round sugar cane?

Ahem. . .

Proving a role like that seems very strong.

Either I'm really tired, or I have no idea what the heck you mean. Can you clarify?

As for Paper, oracle sounds about right for him. If he was an oracle, then the odds of him being town are ridiculously high, because janitor and oracle in the same mafia does not make logical sense (unless it's a mafia oracle that shows the godfather's innocent PM when it is killed. . .augh, my brain hurts).

Yo Kaoz, ask some questions.

If you insist....

1. Who would you lynch today?

2. Who do you think is likely to be mafia?

3. Who do you think is likely to be town?

I would like to remind everryone that we need at least 7 votes for a majority, so I think finding a lynch target should be our top priority for now. It would be prefered if we could do that rather soon, so that we can get some discussion going and allow multiple people to vote/give input.

I would have to reread, but at this point in time, nobody strikes me as particularly suspicious, so I would really like to hear from the more inactive players.

4. Assuming Paperblade was an Oracle, do you think he targeted Snike randomly?

1.I cannot think of anyone yet, but somehow Kevin looks scummy.

2.Kevin, mainly because I think he tends to ush lynches when he is mafia(either to clear himself or mislynch.)

3.Same as last time(Blade dying didnt change any of my views because of lack of info.)

4.Well,Snike is a good player,but so is Kaoz,Eclise and Raymond.Maybe he picked one randomly(from the ones who ARE NOT mafia that is.)

Someone inactive. Because I can't think of any reason to stay silent about one person's role PM being not present, and someone else's PM being exposed.

Someone who is unusually silent when they are normally talkative, or vice versa. Not too sure about Kevin, because that D1 argument with Paper was pretty silly.

Snike! :P: And me.

4. Assuming Paperblade was an Oracle, do you think he targeted Snike randomly?

I can't answer this now. Maybe later.