The Wooden Cavalry

This level is annoying. I hate it, it should die in a fire. It's not hard, but it's just annoying. I'm glad I'm done with it x.x

Feel free to share your rage and hatred for this level, I'm sure a lot of us have it.

I can say though, like in many levels of this game, Hardin saves the day! He's such a cool guy, surviving ballistas and doesn't afraid of anything.

Such as the fact that I could have 3 turned it with the boots of the previous chapter :facepalm: and completely forgot about them :facepalm:

Such as when 40%hit ballistae make your units torn apart :facepalm:

Very true, I usually just save those items but I guess having the boots on someone could have saved me a lot of pain.

Luckily, Hardin was able to survive a 68% chance shot at 1 health, making him even more awesome :P

My strat for this map is to use mounted units with decent to high durability to charge the shooters and kill them before they cause too much damage. I also cover the middle row with a unit with high HP/def and enough atk to at least 2HKO(base level Horace can get 5-6HKO'd by the Arrowspates/Fire Guns and 4HKO'd by the Onagers in Hard 5 and 2HKO's the shooters with Silver unless they have 35HP/12Def.) Also, note that the shooters generally don't attack you until you are like 5 spaces away from it. Flying units are at your own risk, considering Arrowspates are a clean OHKO on any flier you may have. Also, Beck comes with a Thunderbolt, so he can be used to maim(or in the lower difficulties, downright kill)the shooters.

My strat for this map is to use mounted units with decent to high durability to charge the shooters and kill them before they cause too much damage. I also cover the middle row with a unit with high HP/def and enough atk to at least 2HKO(base level Horace can get 5-6HKO'd by the Arrowspates/Fire Guns and 4HKO'd by the Onagers in Hard 5 and 2HKO's the shooters with Silver unless they have 35HP/12Def.) Also, note that the shooters generally don't attack you until you are like 5 spaces away from it. Flying units are at your own risk, considering Arrowspates are a clean OHKO on any flier you may have. Also, Beck comes with a Thunderbolt, so he can be used to maim(or in the lower difficulties, downright kill)the shooters.

I forgot about Beck, he's useful but as far as I know I can't move him down off of the hill and he's easily attacked if you got him with 3 ballistae still there like I did. I managed to luck out though and he didn't die, but that's mainly because they targeted other party members. I don't really know how the AI for the enemy attacking me works. Do they go for the lowest health, level, defense/res, or a mixture of those? I noticed they liked hitting Ogma a lot, though he's nowhere near my squishiest unit.

I also notice a lot of units hate Hardin, regardless of the fact that he doubles everything and never dies. I guess they think if they can take down a Chuck Norris like figure they'll be heroes but don't realize that he's going to kill them all without trying.

In terms of warpskipping, wouldn't it only be a turn?

Warpskipping is a 1 turn clear.

Getting Beck means that Marth has to walk to Beck's village and visit it on turn 2, then get warped to the gate for the seize on turn 3.

I suppose you can expend 4 Warp uses to 1 turn the map, but that's just not good use of Warp.

I forgot about Beck, he's useful but as far as I know I can't move him down off of the hill and he's easily attacked if you got him with 3 ballistae still there like I did. I managed to luck out though and he didn't die, but that's mainly because they targeted other party members. I don't really know how the AI for the enemy attacking me works. Do they go for the lowest health, level, defense/res, or a mixture of those? I noticed they liked hitting Ogma a lot, though he's nowhere near my squishiest unit.

I also notice a lot of units hate Hardin, regardless of the fact that he doubles everything and never dies. I guess they think if they can take down a Chuck Norris like figure they'll be heroes but don't realize that he's going to kill them all without trying.

Highest hit rate, IIRC.

EDIT: Yes, master dondon

Edited by Clipseykitty

Warpskipping is a 1 turn clear.

Getting Beck means that Marth has to walk to Beck's village and visit it on turn 2, then get warped to the gate for the seize on turn 3.

I suppose you can expend 4 Warp uses to 1 turn the map, but that's just not good use of Warp.

Wouldn't it still be impossible to 1 turn the map if you recruit Beck since there isn't a dancer in this game?

Wouldn't it still be impossible to 1 turn the map if you recruit Beck since there isn't a dancer in this game?

Yes, because Marth's move is taken up when he recruits Beck.

Edited by General_Horace

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They liked hitting my Ogma here too.

He has over 15 avoid more than some of the characters I put to fodder. He has probably same amount of higher HP too.

Ogma died twice because he took three hits from Stonehoes. >:/