Burning Forest 1

Kaoz

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered Tournament System?

• Single Elimination
    • Double Elimination
    • Round Robin
  2. 2. What number of stocks per game do you like best?

• 1 Stock
    • 2 Stocks
    • 3 Stocks
    • More than 3 Stocks.
    • No Stocks, only a timer.
  3. 3. How did you like the stage picking process?

• Well suited for online play.
    • I would have prefered Stage Striking.
    • Other (please specify in the thread)
  4. 4. What do you think about Items?

• I like having all items on.
    • I don't mind them, as long as only the less extreme ones are used.
    • Hate them, good thing they were turned off.

Since we have no Singles tournaments running anymore, I figured I'd start a new one, and maybe make it into a series.

-Tournament Rules-

1. Double Elimination

2. All Sets are Bo5 Games, in Grand Finals the player who comes from Loser's Bracket has to win two sets instead of one.

3. Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape Glitch is banned

4. Each round will last one week, there may be extensions upon request

-Game Rules-

1. 2 Stocks

2. 6 Minute Time Limit

3. Items set to Off and None

4. The winner will be declared by the game in all situations (this means in case of a stock tie, Sudden Death will be played)

-Set Procedure-

1. Each player selects one Stage from the Legal Stage List.

2. Which of the two Stages will be used, will be decided by the game.

3. A stage is banned after being used once, unless both players agree on it.

4. Repeat the above steps for all matches.

-Legal Stage List-

Battlefield

Battleship Halberd

Castle Siege

Delfino Plaza

Final Destination

Frigate Orpheon

Lylat Cruise

Pokemon Stadium 1

Pokemon Stadium 2

Smashville

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

That's about it I think, if you want to sign up, just post your FC. I'm hoping for at least 8 participants here, and will probably cut it off at 16.

[spoiler=Participants]1. Kaoz (FC 1376-6029-9197)

2. whase (FC 3610-6137-5296)

3. mmKALLL (FC 2451-5603-6179)

4. PegKnightLover (FC 0731-5039-7369)

5. Waha Kife (FC 0688-7328-3168)

6. Soul (FC 1892-9071-1950)

7. Strawhat Luffy (FC 0473-7705-4433)

8. Quintessence (FC 1805-3733-1145)

FfRaE.gif

Edited by Kaoz

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be cool if you made it into a regular series. Like a bimonthly event or something like that.

2 stocks 6 minutes; best of 5

I'd like to hear how that plays out and if people like it that way.

Make it 2 out of 3 matches or something, 2 stocks is already short enough as it is and isn't worth the time spent setting up the match unless you wanted to synchronize the tournament in one quick blast.

Make it 2 out of 3 matches or something, 2 stocks is already short enough as it is and isn't worth the time spent setting up the match unless you wanted to synchronize the tournament in one quick blast.

It's Bo5, as in you need to win 3 of 5 matches to win the set.

I told you not to call me by my screen name. You will be Waha Punished when you lose.

Hey, what about planking? That shit's unfair. I don't want to play some MK who takes one stock off of me and planks for the rest of the match.

I told you not to call me by my screen name. You will be Waha Punishedâ„¢ when you lose.

Hey, what about planking? That shit's unfair. I don't want to play some MK who takes one stock off of me and planks for the rest of the match.

I won't lose then...

Planking is fairly difficult to limit, even more so online. While we could have a Ledge Grab Limit, I believe you can't actually check your opponent's, which is problematic of course. This could be circumvented by saving the replay and uploading it, but I don't think most people would be willing to do that. In other words, it's not really enforcable.

The best we can do is a general agreement to not plank I fear. Unless someone has a better idea of course?

I do not think anyone here would be that mean to spoil a tournament with something like that.

Also, best of 5 is better than best of 3. Eliminates the random and off chance you screw up due to your own mistakes.

Edited by Coconut&Lime

Egh.. I want to get in on this, but I don't have any access at the moment. Community internet doesn't exactly work well with game consoles for some reason.

Also, PKL, you have the right idea! Pegasus knights for the win.

Alright, I'll join.

Sign me up as Waha Kife. If you use my screen name in the sign-up, the TO will be Waha Punished before he loses.

0688-7328-3168

No planking with me. Get on the ledge and fight, don't be a pussy. Speaking of that, the TO should save the match between me and mmKALL for late in the tournament. Beating him too early feel anti-climactic.

No planking with me. Get on the ledge and fight, don't be a pussy. Speaking of that, the TO should save the match between me and mmKALL for late in the tournament. Beating him too early feel anti-climactic.

I have little influence on that, as I'll have tio generate the brackets.

You guys are sure having trouble filling up these spots. I don't think that much people will join.

Sign me in.

Well, the team tourney had 6 teams (12 players), so I figured 8 would be doable... I didn't really expect to get to 16 though.

And that makes eight of us!

Getting 12, 14 or 16 probably will be pretty hard.. Unless many come during tomorrow, I'd cut it off here and just put people up for being substitutes.

As for odd numbers, it's very unfair in a small tournament like this since the two bottom seeds will be fighting each other second in the losers bracket after the byes, which means that the bottom seed pairs will first lose to the better ones and then drop each other (while others lose to the better ones and get byes), and that would suck. (imo using byes only would be good enough if it's max 1/8 of the total player amount, 2 for 16 player bracket, but that's up to you)

At any rate, looking forward to this.

Waha Kitty, I will set you up the bomb. By my predictions, we won't be facing each other in the beginning, and it's probable that we won't play each other before LB at all. In fact, I doubt that I might not be in the GF, lots of good opposition up here. That also means that you won't be knocking me out since I'll probably make it to at least round 3, if people like Luffy or Quintessence drop there and you lose even once, we won't play each other at all. /bracket theory

Anyway, we will see how the bracket turns out.

Good luck to everyone :):

Hmm good point I guess. I'll make the brackets then...

EDIT:

1st Round

Kaoz vs whase

PegKnightLover vs Waha Kife

Strawhat Luffy vs Soul

mmKALLL vs Quitessence

A bracket image can be found in the OP.

Deadline is October 16th 10:40PM GMT

Edited by Chaoskitty