Formula One race? In New Jersey?

Just call me AL

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/vroom_with_view_uwtM8SGzJJbipdltxMQ4TM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/formula-one-cars-race-new-jersey-manhattan-250-253024

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayton-sports/pro-auto-racing/officials-announce-2013-formula-1officials-announce-2013-formula-1-race-set-for-nj-1274300.html

Long story short, Governor Christie decided to host a Formula One race in New Jersey. Promoters estimate speeds up to 200 mph (322 km/h) on the straightaways and 60-80 mph (97-129 km/h) on the turns. The course is set in the towns of Weehawken and West New York, and is going along the streets of JFK Blvd. East, 60th St., and River Rd. It's scheduled to start sometime in 2013.

What are you thoughts on this you guys? All I can say for certain right now is that I won't be visiting stores like Fye or Barnes and Noble when the race days roll over.

Edited by Little Al

Why? You afraid one of the drivers are gonna fuck up and plow you into pieces? I am aware you Americans aren't big on F1, but there's no reason to be afraid of getting killed just because they are racing on your streets. By the sounds of it, you think they race without any sort of safety measurements being put in place. There will be barriers and all sorts of shit to prevent stuff like that from happening. And the chances of a serious accident are slim anyway.

Why? You afraid one of the drivers are gonna fuck up and plow you into pieces? I am aware you Americans aren't big on F1, but there's no reason to be afraid of getting killed just because they are racing on your streets. By the sounds of it, you think they race without any sort of safety measurements being put in place. There will be barriers and all sorts of shit to prevent stuff like that from happening. And the chances of a serious accident are slim anyway.

Meh. I'm just more concerned about the road closings that day. But whether or not I'm actually attending the race as a member of the audience has been considered. Edited by Little Al

Meh. I'm just more concerned about the road closings that day. But whether or not I'm actually attending the race as a member of the audience has been considered.

It's a weekend-long event - Practice Friday, Qualifying Saturday, Race Sunday. It will probably be closed from Thursday through to Monday. But it's not until 2013 so plenty of time to worry.

Edit: Unless they re-open the roads while the track isn't being in use. But I think that's unlikely.

Edited by V-Raven

"I am legit afraid of something."

"I AM DEFENDING WHAT YOU ARE SO WRONGFULLY AFRAID OF + a subtle tack-on of 'americans are lame'"

"oh well I actually meant this but I'm really simply avoiding offending you any further"

"oh well -explains point more-"

Edited by Levantamos

"I am legit afraid of something."

"I AM DEFENDING WHAT YOU ARE SO WRONGFULLY AFRAID OF + a subtle tack-on of 'americans are lame'"

"oh well I actually meant this but I'm really simply avoiding offending you any further"

"oh well -explains point more-"

You make me smile.