Who's importing?

fatgamecat

The 3DS is region locked, so the barrier for this FE is particularly high. Who's going to import a JP 3DS and Fire Emblem 3DS? I'll be doing so and posting impressions, review, and guide again similar to the last couple of Fire Emblems. Is anyone interested in seeing video footage?

I'll import it if it's not released, obviously... but I'm waiting till the 3DS region lock gets hacked. I mean come on, I'm not buying two systems.

It's all a matter of waiting. I don't really care if I'm the first one to own an FE 3DS in my block/neighborhood/city/state.

1. We don't even have proof that FE 3DS is not coming out at the moment, considering it was announced like a couple weeks ago.

2. I'd have to imprt not only the game, but a whole 3DS for one game. I imported FE12, because it was just 1 game. I'm not going to import an entire game system on top of it for just 1 game.

That kind of thing requires an active, dependable income I'd say. To purchase a system and and a game for the sole purpose of playing just that one game--then shipping from overseas--what's that, like, $250 USD? About?

I'm really bummed though about the region lockout... means that a bunch of us dedicated fans won't be able to play the game pretty much when it's out. I had FE9 shipped to me house only a few days after it's original J release and I remember I was able to be one of the members who kept dishing out the infos as the days came on after release... a lot of us international fans won't have that same opportunity to not only experience the game but relate information to others.

I'll earnestly be watching NicoNico and some other fan sites for info. Hopefully the 3DS gets a backdoor found-out so we can circumvent Nintendo's region lock and play whatever we want.

or an emulator please

I never said anything about localization. Some people import early regardless of localization.

I'll be getting a JP 3DS, but only because there are other turn based tactics games I would like to play on it. Namely Super Robot Wars, SD Gundam G Generation, and more tactics games in the future I'm sure.

I'm not importing this, if it's not localised then I'll have to wait for an emulator or something because I can't read Japanese.

Not being able to read Japanese is no obstacle as long as the information is out there.

If it's not localized, I'll wait and see if the region lock is broken somehow; if so, I'll import it. I've never enjoyed playing games on emulators; I always find it to be much less immersive, and nothing can make up for that.

Edited by Othin

I have the convenience of living in a region where both JP and NA version of games are sold.

Iff it really is JP-only, I'll get the JP version anyway, and since I've just first-handedly discovered the inconvenience of having a non-JP system, the next I get will be a JP one anyway. Horray for backward compatibility.

I don't think I'll import unless it's Japan or America-only. Mainly because of the 3DS's region lock : (

On a similar note, hopefully this won't be another FE9 or FE10 where I have to rely on other sites to gather all the data (at least until I figured out how to hack the games)...

Edited by VincentASM

Wrong.

Indeed, it isn't wrong. I've been doing it, as have many, many fans.

It's not limited to Japanese either. I've been playing through a shit-ton of Russian mods without any translations and you can get through just fine as well.

Rather, you must mean that for you, it's hard to do. Which is fine--but you are not everyone.

I own FE3, FE4, FE5, and FE6, and have been playing them in Japanese with no issues for years until beginning to learn Japanese just a couple of months ago. I had similar experiences with the brief bits of TRS and FE12 I played on emulator. (I now own TRS as well, but I haven't yet been able to get it to work on console.) The only game I've had trouble playing as a result of the language barrier is Berwick Saga because of the lack of English explanations for the mechanics, to which I eventually used online translators to sort through Japanese guides and learn every bit of information they had to offer, and eventually started translating the content of those same guides myself to ensure that no one else would ever have to go through that hassle. The results of those translations compose the Berwick Saga section of this very site.

For me, and for anyone I know of who's tried playing the games this way, once you play through a map or two to get the feel of things and as long as you have access to all the information you need, the language barrier is not an obstacle. For this reason, I would go so far to say that it is not an obstacle for most if not all players, even though most people appear to think otherwise.

Edited by Othin

That might work for you guys, but it sure as hell wouldn't work for me. I wouldn't be able to play the game unless the whole thing was in English.

Ok, you're absolutely blocked by ANY language barrier whatsoever. We get it, there's no need to continue replying to posts that aren't specifically directed at you with responses like this.

On-topic: I won't even consider importing this simply because of that stupid region lock, the language barrier is no problem at all.

That might work for you guys, but it sure as hell wouldn't work for me. I wouldn't be able to play the game unless the whole thing was in English.

While I can play FE in Japanese despite not understanding any of it, I can see why other people would refuse to. It's not fun to have to muddle and guess your way through.

On-topic: I won't even consider importing this simply because of that stupid region lock, the language barrier is no problem at all.

Unless there are legit flash cards that work for the 3DS... which isn't really importing. Region lock-out is ass.

While I can play FE in Japanese despite not understanding any of it, I can see why other people would refuse to. It's not fun to have to muddle and guess your way through.

Muddle and guess? For a map or two, perhaps.

No money, therefore no importing. It's not worth spending ~$250 just to play one game.

I'm very worried that it won't come to the US because I thought FE3 DS was an obvious worldwide release. And it wasn't...

Edited by Phoenix Wright