Fire Emblem Playthrough Ideas Thread

Raven

I had one, you basically pick one character for each weapon type and use only them where possible, characters may or may not use weapon types other than the one they were picked for and the Lord character(s) may or may not count, depending on how restrictive you want to be.

Actually, I might wanna try this sometime...

How about one where for each chapter you can only use 1 unit. But you can only use each unit for one chapter. So basically, you have to solo each chapter with someone different.

Though that may be impossible also.

You make Nino cry. Why you so mean?

AHEM!

Traitor run - Your army consists of nothing but enemies you recruited.

Poorly planned will (FE4) - Pass down every Holy Weapon to somebody who can't use it.

So kill Briggid? Also Holsety Patty is AMAZING. Jussayin'.

Name Game Run: Simply choose a letter. Any person with that letter in their name can be used. Multiple letters can be added... But the dificulty would drop significantly.

The Archetype Run: Only use characters part of an archetype. These could include the Nabarl, Est, Gato, Lord and even the Jeigan archetypes. It would basically include any theme that one could notice while playing multiple games. On another Forum, it's started a very philosophical study of the game's most diminutive details.

Anti-Social Run: A run with all the characters having four or lower support options. In FE4 can include Pairings where the female could only have two potential husbands or lower.

Real Life Run: Play with characters whose names are the same as people you've met. If you don't live in Japan I highly recommend that you don't play the first six games this way.

Well, that's all I have now. Back to my "Wind Affintiy Only" FE7 run.

Edited by ThatRanulfDude

Patriotism: Play only with the characters of a same country. (Ex: Only with crimean in FE9/10 or Only Illian in FE6) (except Lord)

Surely that's impossible to do in FE10... I mean how are you supposed to do Part 1 of RD with only using Crimean units (and Parts 2 and 3 with only using Daein units)?

NoRestarts: Play throught the game without ever restarting a chapter (If your lord dies, start the game over -_-).

No reset challenge: No resets allowed at all, if you lose a character it's gone forever and if you lose your lord it's game over.

O.o

Edited by deranger

This is more of a Draft idea than anything else but I thought it would be somewhat interesting to post.

It would be a "Solo Draft", you basically draw up a bunch of units who can feasibly do a solo run (perhaps with difficultyies varied depending on the character) do, then they each do a solo run with the character chosen, possibly with turncount comparisons and whatever.

If I get into drafts, I might even start one of these myself if anyone actually likes the idea.

Scavanger: No buying anything. Everything must be obtained via enemy drops.

Unique little flower: Only one unit of each type (only one sage, paladin, and so-forth).

You. Shall not. PASS! You must level-up a Jiegan, have him solo most of the early game, then kill/not use him at all for the remaining 2/3rds of the game.

Overspecialized: Only use units who end the game with at least 1 below average stat in a important catagory (RES and LCK doesn't count).

Range-war: Only attack at 2 or more range.

Scavanger: No buying anything. Everything must be obtained via enemy drops.

Overspecialized: Only use units who end the game with at least 1 below average stat in a important catagory (RES and LCK doesn't count).

-Ooh fun in Por/RD when you steal everything

-define average