And I'm officially back with my upgraded gaming desktop.

My gaming comp was in the shop for about three weeks when I signed up for this board but it's finally been fixed, video card RMA'd, added three cooling fans (for a total of 11) and pretty much did a clean install / upgrade of all drivers and software. And now it's time to go to work =D

I play League of Legends (trikmastadon), Rift on Freeholme server (Hiphopopotamus) as well as random games available on Steam (TRiK MaStA TaK) hoping to get into this DotA 2 open beta. I also have a Hamachi server that me and some friends play emulators with netplay through, I'll be posting the info publicly once I finish this game pack I'm working on. I also have a friend's Vent that's virtually empty that we can use (from my days of WoW). I also have Skype for you non push to talk loving users.

Hit me up if you want to game ^_^

Here's a picture of current temperatures of my VGA, CPU and MB with the new cooling and I copy pasted a current weather temperature reading for comparison. I have everything on max settings (no overclocking though).

temps.jpg

Specs?

Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

with two optional 120 mm Antec Smart Cool fans added

(Variable RPM depending on their temperature sensor)

Antec Signature SG-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

(Four 2 GB sticks for a total of 8.00 GB of Physical RAM)

ASUS EAH4870 DK TOP/HTDI/512MD5 Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Antec Expansion slot VGA Cooler

(Three speed switch for 2500 / 3000 / 3500 RPM)

Western Digital Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive

LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model GH22LS30 LightScribe Support

Peripherals / Accessories:

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit

LG W2052TQ Black 20" 2ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

(Resolution of 1680x1050 at 60 hz)

Logitech MK100 Black PS/2 Wired Slim Classic Desktop

(Keyboard + Mouse, I opted for non wireless / USB porting)

Logitech S120 2.3 Watts (RMS) 2.0 Speaker System

(Your basic dual speaker set, about 6-8 inches)

Logitech H530 USB Connector Circumaural Headset

I looked up my order from Newegg from about two years ago to copy paste all the specifics for you because you asked so nicely =)

why are there blue circles like spraypaint effect around some of your desktop jingles?

lol that's editing the screenshot in paint to draw your eyes to the temperature readings (some people use red, i use blue)

oh ok i thought that was the temperature outside

it is. there's VGA, CPU and Mobo readings (you just have to look closely) and to compare i copy pasted the temperature from outside (63 degrees farenheit)

I looked up my order from Newegg from about two years ago to copy paste all the specifics for you because you asked so nicely =)

I see. My desktop is newer (almost a year old), and I am already wanting to upgrade once Intel releases their Ivy Bridge platform and AMD releases their HD 7000 series during next year.

I see. My desktop is newer (almost a year old), and I am already wanting to upgrade once Intel releases their Ivy Bridge platform and AMD releases their HD 7000 series during next year.

I know right. Right after my mobo shipped ASUS came out with M4A79-T Deluxe and I was like FUUUUUUUUUU..they also made a new Antec Twelve Hundred gaming case with integrated USB 3.0 and other upgrades, wtf.

Go download Trickster Online.

lol one WoW clone at a time please..I barely started Rift last week, I wish you had told me earlier =/ What was that Shoot Em Up you were talking about in chat a few weeks ago tho?

Trickster Online is kind of more like Maplestory.

Also too goddamn many fans. And overkill PSU but everything else is really nicely balanced.

lol i'm just counting the fans for separate parts like CPU, VGA and PSU. without including them i have seven tricool / smartcool 120 mm fans, one 80 mm vga double expansion slot cooler and one 200 mm big boy fan for the top of the case for a total of nine fans for cooling. i really need it as my video card without the extra three optional fans would idle at 60 degrees celsius. as for PSU i aimed big as my video card uses up to 255 W and in case i wanted to add stuff in the expansion slot, even maybe crossfire. thanks for the compliment though, hopefully this will last me about 10 years =D

Having and maintaining a high-end gaming computer sounds like a whole lot of way too much more goddamn trouble than it's worth.

True. I've had so many headaches but that's only because it was my first custom built desktop specifically for gaming. After a year of using it I've gotten to know it better and draw it's soul out for maximum results.

Dota, Dota 2 and Leage of Legends are perverse manifestations of the RTS genre due to their focus on individual unit control, and SC2 is way better. Even though I've never played it multiplayer I can just tell.

I am such a huge douche for the above statement, especially on account of not having played League of Legends or SC2 multiplayer.

Dota, Dota 2 and Leage of Legends are perverse manifestations of the RTS genre due to their focus on individual unit control, and SC2 is way better. Even though I've never played it multiplayer I can just tell.

I am such a huge douche for the above statement, especially on account of not having played League of Legends or SC2 multiplayer.

They're not even worthy of the RTS name; they're really real time tactics games.

They're not even worthy of the RTS name; they're really real time tactics games.

Kind of disagreed for one reason, which is that with DotA, dunno about League of Legends, you could have team strategy with competitive play where people were playing on organized teams against each other.

But that's an excellent point for what I assume is the majority of players.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to do a reoptimization of hardware / software because the guys who installed new parts on my rig messed up a few things so I'm posting this again. Idle temperatures of all my system components, pointed out by arrows as well as a copy paste of current weather temperature for comparison.

idletemps.jpg