I know you all hate cod, but

Fenrir

your dumb!!1

Let me explain to you why this makes you more of a dumbass than you already very much were.

- Suppose you really are just saying shit to irritate people you don't necessarily believe. This appears to be the theory held by many individuals on this board these days regarding your...behaviour.

Then by stating something so completely asinine you've immediately gone over your bullshit quota and then instead of irritating people, you've caused them to completely ignore you. Suddenly your plan has failed.

Incidentally I didn't even know you posted this until someone quoted it, and I scanned the thread thoroughly...but not beyond making hidden posts visible.

- Perhaps you really are this fucking dumb.

That's all there is to say in that case

Out of genuine curiosity, why do you make posts? What type of thoughts go through your head? In this list: http://en.wikipedia....elopment_stages where is your level of development?

I'd be surprised if he actually reads this post with the intent to learn, rather than to nitpick or whine (as can be expected of him).

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

que

I thought you'd like her since she's a badass samurai who doesn't take shit from anyone.

Well I asked for men since I'm attracted to them

But she looks pretty badass, yeah. Could do with less cleavage but oh what am I to talk I want shirtless guys all the time :P

the hell is wrong with you? cleavage is the best.

also look how big her boobs are they're prabably more comfortable that way.

Crash has to read my post because if he really is a troll how will he know if he's succeeding if he doesn't check?!

I don't care if you don't like macs. It's perfectly fine if you don't, but I don't like these baseless insults at my computer just 'cuz it's a mac. It does everything I want it to do at a good speed with minimal issues (playing a game in a genre I don't even like doesn't count as something I want to do). That doesn't sound like crap to me. I've actually started to really use macs because my old PC died and my mac was my graphic design work-computer at the time that I wasn't allowed to use other than doing work, but since my PC died I had to use another computer to do my homework and go on SF and the such, and why buy another PC when I can just use my work laptop? And after seriously using this current laptop, I've gotten to prefer it.

To be honest, I think everybody who's just insulting you because of your Mac are either a) just teasing, or b) Crash.

...artists are hipster now? Fuck why do they ruin things I like :/ First my computer of choice, and now the only thing I'm good at that's not math? Fucking bitches.

You think you got shafted by hipsters? Almost every single band I like is indie. My film preferences match up too. 8]

People don't like macs cause haters are always gonna hate. The bigger something is well known the more people wish to hate it. Sometimes people might even hate it because they're jealous of it.

Tell me I'm wrong. Cause I've never heard what's actually wrong with a mac yet.

Well, Microsoft (and really PCs in general) is still bigger than Mac because they dominate the market (as far as computers go at least), so "they hate it because it's popular" isn't a very legitimate argument, if it was, there would be far, far more PC haters.

Anyway, actual things I have problems with regarding Macs.

They are absurdly expensive in relation to their actual capabilities. A Mac of a certain caliber just straight up costs way more than an equivalent PC, which makes literally zero sense. If anything, the Mac should be cheaper, because things are more uniform, and production should actually be easier. Macs also seem to assume the people using them are retarded and don't fucking let you do anything without jumping through a bunch of hoops (to an extent Windows has followed suit, though certainly not as far).

While it may or may not be the fault of the Macs themselves, they also tend to get the shaft when it comes to compatibility with freeware or games.

Also, Apple is sort of a douchebag company (all their products pretty much are overpriced, but let's ignore that) that hates donating to charity and all that fun stuff.

Basically, I can totally see why someone with less experience with computers might like a Mac, because it certainly seems easier on the surface, but I just find there to be a pretty terrible lack of control.

Edited by Defeatist Elitist

To be honest, I think everybody who's just insulting you because of your Mac are either a) just teasing, or b) Crash.

I get teased a lot ; n; I guess it's fun to make fun of poor srs Lumi.

You think you got shafted by hipsters? Almost every single band I like is indie. My film preferences match up too. 8]

Goddamn hipsters. They're dominating my starbucks too, and I have no clue where else I can get green tea frappucinos ; n;

well fuck them I like my starbucks >|

kinda glad I'm not an art major at any rate, I'll probably be surrounded by them. Beyond the whole art schools have no differential equations thing.

They are absurdly expensive in relation to their actual capabilities. A Mac of a certain caliber just straight up costs way more than an equivalent PC, which makes literally zero sense. If anything, the Mac should be cheaper, because things are more uniform, and production should actually be easier. Macs also seem to assume the people using them are retarded and don't fucking let you do anything without jumping through a bunch of hoops (to an extent Windows has followed suit, though certainly not as far).

How so? It doesn't feel much different than a windows OS in that aspect, for me. IDK, it's open file, close file, save, same shit, really. Of course, we could be talking about two different things, so elaborate on this?

Also, Apple is sort of a douchebag company (all their products pretty much are overpriced, but let's ignore that) that hates donating to charity and all that fun stuff.

I guess I won't apply for a job there, then. |D Still can't help but love their products though so eh.

TO GOOGLE I APPLY! (in a few years, and most likely fail)

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Well you made a shitty metaphor, then. Usually you wanna carry the concept through. I couldn't tell whatever it was you were trying to say. Also don't do the 11oneone thing. It's dumb. c:

Obviously if people who know the term doesn't get it, you just did it wrong.

Now now, that wasn't a bad metaphor at all. People use physics and scientific concepts all the time in figurative language.

Crash says and does a lot of stupid things, so I think its better that we focus on those things instead of jumping on shit like this.

But what's the point of a metaphor if nobody gets it? Wouldn't it be better to just say it outright? The point of language is to get an idea across, and if it fails to do that, then he should've just said it outright.

But what's the point of a metaphor if nobody gets it? Wouldn't it be better to just say it outright?

[smug][Douche=Bag][Elitist]The entire point of metaphors is to be obtuse and retarded though[/Elitist][/Douche][/smug]

Goddamn hipsters. They're dominating my starbucks too, and I have no clue where else I can get green tea frappucinos ; n;

well fuck them I like my starbucks >|

Wow you might actually be a hipster. 8]

How so? It doesn't feel much different than a windows OS in that aspect, for me. IDK, it's open file, close file, save, same shit, really. Of course, we could be talking about two different things, so elaborate on this?

Macs seem to have quite a few more safeties in place. It's easy enough to do most basic things on, but I've always found that installing some things (mostly because I found the permissions system sort of bizarre, but maybe there's an easy way to get around that), and dealing with certain types of files could be a pain, and there are other things like not being able to right click create basic files (to be fair this could have changed since I last used a Mac, which WAS a while ago).

But what's the point of a metaphor if nobody gets it? Wouldn't it be better to just say it outright? The point of language is to get an idea across, and if it fails to do that, then he should've just said it outright.

Well, I got it. In fact, I would think most people would get it. It's not like inertia is a mysterious term that none of us have ever heard of. In general, most people will have a vague idea of what it means, and that vague idea should be enough to let them understand what Crash was saying.

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I don't see how it was particularily clear.

[smug][Douche=Bag][Elitist]The entire point of metaphors is to be obtuse and retarded though[/Elitist][/Douche][/smug]

Also this. Except being obtuse isn't retarded, it's super deep and gr9 as fuck and makes you objectively better.

^ which is kind of what I was talking about, but I like the way you put it - people with less experience with computers see the basic stuff (like "open save close") as simple and for their purposes the Mac is easy and possibly even easier.

Eventually though if they get further into mastering the product they own to get more out of it they will hit roadblocks because the Mac operating systems are just objectively horrorterribad awfultrashbage.

Also Rowan YOU are a fucking hipster, deal with it.

Wow you might actually be a hipster. 8]

Macs seem to have quite a few more safeties in place. It's easy enough to do most basic things on, but I've always found that installing some things (mostly because I found the permissions system sort of bizarre, but maybe there's an easy way to get around that), and dealing with certain types of files could be a pain, and there are other things like not being able to right click create basic files (to be fair this could have changed since I last used a Mac, which WAS a while ago).

LOL

I'm too nerdy to be a hipster anyway, I don't think they appreciate calculus as much as I do. Their head might explode as soon as I start talking about multiple integration. :P

There is IIRC, either don't set a password for your computer or there's somewhere in the settings to change that IIRC. I never really bothered. I never found the basic file types thing a hassle, mainly because I never use them, but I can see how one can't use that, yeah.

.psd and .java aren't exactly basic file types after all.

There is an applescript function that let's you automate a lot of things, though, and control your files through a script. I haven't looked much into that yet (hrrrng college) but it does look interesting.

Well, I got it. In fact, I would think most people would get it. It's not like inertia is a mysterious term that none of us have ever heard of. In general, most people will have a vague idea of what it means, and that vague idea should be enough to let them understand what Crash was saying.

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I don't see how it was particularily clear.

I had no clue what inertia is before I took Physics, actually. Though, English is my second language so that could have attributed to it.

jegus fuck do you even know what a hipster is

if anything most hipsters fucking love math because most people are retarded shits who hate math and think it's SO difficult and use calculators for algebra and geometry

I thought they're all liberal arts majors who smoke weed

There's a guy I know that my friends call hipster, he's Asian and he hates math and thinks being Asian is too mainstream for him

Now I am surrounded by Asians and am an Asian so most of us are math geniuses by blood so I have no clue what you're talking about and at least half of my non-Asian friends are great at math too

Well, basically, on my computer, I can right click anywhere and create a bunch of different types of files. I can right click a folder and do all sorts of cool things with it (SVN, etc). Fuck, I can compress a bunch of files in several different forms entirely with my mouse, and uncompression is even easier. There are just so many things I can do which I guess I would just have difficulty using a computer seriously without access to.

Also, Alex, damn straight, I just

all the time. Edited by Defeatist Elitist

My uni is a research institution filled with Asians. It's like Chinatown and Koreatown combined and half of them speak shit English.

Compression can by done via right click on the mac as well, FYI. Folders, as well. There are other things you can do on mac via right click, though I guess it's different stuff. IDK what constitutes as a basic file type in macs, though, besides .rtf and probably the iphoto/ivideo project files and garage band. But I use Adobe stuff and as far as I know, windows did not make basic file types in those either. So I guess that part is just relative to the user and what products they wanna use.

My uni is a research institution filled with Asians. It's like Chinatown and Koreatown combined and half of them speak shit English.

Fobs are pretty fun sometimes though, right?

Compression can by done via right click on the mac as well, FYI. Folders, as well. There are other things you can do on mac via right click, though I guess it's different stuff. IDK what constitutes as a basic file type in macs, though, besides .rtf and probably the iphoto/ivideo project files and garage band. But I use Adobe stuff and as far as I know, windows did not make basic file types in those either. So I guess that part is just relative to the user and what products they wanna use.

I knew folders could be done, though not compression (haven't used a Mac in a while). As for Adobe stuff, I don't use their products, but I'm pretty sure you could create by right click, because when you install GIMP you can create GIMP files via right click, so it sort of makes sense that it would work with at least Photoshop.

Fobs are pretty fun sometimes though, right?

I knew folders could be done, though not compression (haven't used a Mac in a while). As for Adobe stuff, I don't use their products, but I'm pretty sure you could create by right click, because when you install GIMP you can create GIMP files via right click, so it sort of makes sense that it would work with at least Photoshop.

Indeed they are.

Compression works now. The last time I used a windows with PS installed was 3 years ago, though, so they might have implemented that. But XP didn't let me make new .psds. Just .bmps and fuck .bmps. My uni's Win7's don't have PS, so I wouldn't know.