Fire Emblem : Worlds Collide

DragonsongFE

Hello Serenes Forest. Here is Our announcement of Fire: Emblem World's Collide.

The hack will feature :

New Maps

45 main game characters, 5 endgame unlockable

New animations

New class tree

Every Character (all 50) will have an unbreakable weapon that is unlocked in the endgame

New Maps

New Supports

Familiar Faces ( the entire cast of characters is comprised of characters from several major franchises)

New story/ game script

Status: Compiling stages ( collecting/finishing the data for the first patch)

EDIT: Progress/Samples:

I will continue to post more as i finish it. I have more done, i just haven't uploaded it all to image shack yet.

Notice: if anyone here would like to help in any way, please let me know. We have some help on portraits, but more would be great. Also help in animations would make the hack finish must faster.

So please if you have some time, and would like to take on a project for us we would appreciate your help. Full credit will be given for any and all contributions. Thanks you

Edited by DragonsongFE

It isn't bogus... and not all progress is evident in screenshots. It is true that it is mostly concept at this point, but those of us that are working on this are dedicated, and this project will finish. The problem with our progress has been a lack of experience with fire emblem hacking/editing. I've been teaching myself the animation aspect, but it has been slow. My whole reason for learning about portraits/animations/spriting/mapping is for this project.

I put the project here in an attempt to find help with the graphic aspects of the project, i certainly didn't expect to have the authenticity of the project questioned. I suppose since i am new to hacking i should have, but still i was hoping for a little support. The concept and story have great potential. I was just looking for a little help getting it done. and once the patches are done, they will be shared with you giving full credit to those who have helped make it a reality.

And to show we have been making progress ill add some samples of what is done and who made them. will that help allay your concerns?

Edited by DragonsongFE

The only reason I ask is because there are a lot of topics that get posted in the hacking section that never go anywhere, and 95% of them don't have screens of progress in the OP.

People make sprites to help said projects, and they go nowhere, leaving the people who made the graphics having wasted their time.

So, if you want to convince people to help, it'd be a lot more convincing to actually show work, instead of just saying that it's a concept.

Edited by seph1212

I understand your concerns i really do, and the last thing i want to do is waste people's time. If it helps I'll post everything i finish in the edited first post. I've already sunk countless hours into the project, and already we have several sets of the support conversations done, as well as the first chapter of script. Again, since i am inexperienced, it will take longer, unless others help out. and i'm certainly not requiring help, If the concept sounds interesting and you'd like to contribute to its completion, help. Or if you just want a challenge, help. I promise you that there will be a challenge for any who do help.

There are 4 people so far helping with the development. more would certainly make it go faster. but whatever, if no one else joins, then we do it ourselves... it ll just take alot longer...and im not asking for someone who would do every animation... just for those who would take on a project. (ie a map, or a portrait, or an animation)

He has a point dragonsong.

Im doing a hack much like yours. I have the whole thing plotted out in my head but im having trouble turning it into a hack.

Im waiting until i have at least the entire prologue exactly how I want it until I make any post.

Hmmm, do you think it should be defined by rules when someone should make a hack's topic with requests? I mean, should we set specific rules in this section as to which is the minimum level of development a hack should have in order to earn a topic here showcasing and requesting help?

I personally don't think there is any need for a set limit, some start up topics get helpers due to the concept alone, but judging on the reaction this topic received it doesn't seem like a bad idea. :)

And I think people contribute to projects based on the credibility the whole thing passes. Like the people involved along with the showcased bits. So I believe maybe if you disclose who is the team working it might give your project a bit more of credibility on the spot, and the more credibility you have the easier to get more help, which provides more credibility and henceforth. Of course, unless it is part of your strategy to keep it hidden, I love well thought-out strategies. :)

Regardless, this seems like a very ambitious hack. I personally don't have much patience for unambitious projects anymore, so if you ask me if you and your mysterious team can achieve what you promised it might be enough for me to want to take a look. ^_^

If you don't mind me asking, what is the concept behind your hack? It looks like Ike is in it and the title makes it seem like a Cross Over hack.

What other characters do you have in mind?

Its a cross over hack, with characters from Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Kingdom Hearts, and Legend of Zelda.

Im restructuring the Kingdoms in Magvel so they reflect kingdoms in the above games. the concept is that Ganondorf has taken over and the players are trying to restore the continent.

The main characters are still Eirika and Ephraim, but those are the only FE 8 characters i ll be using.

Well the only notable name on our team is SmashedFish (ectoBiologist?) he is helping with portraits, the rest are friends of mine who are doing alot of the writing and hacking. One is writing all of the supports, the other is in charge of inserting the data.

The purpose of posting a topic was to get some more help on the graphics side of things.

Edited by DragonsongFE

I like the idea dude. I'm making a VERY similar hack.

It only has three playable characters from Sacred Stones, but a lot of FE9 and 10 characters. And then some Golden Sun, Zelda and a bunch of random other characters.

I'm making some animations for my game for a lot of these characters so if you want them when they are done I'll send you a download.

Its a cross over hack, with characters from Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Kingdom Hearts, and Legend of Zelda.

Im restructuring the Kingdoms in Magvel so they reflect kingdoms in the above games. the concept is that Ganondorf has taken over and the players are trying to restore the continent.

The main characters are still Eirika and Ephraim, but those are the only FE 8 characters i ll be using.

Well the only notable name on our team is SmashedFish (ectoBiologist?) he is helping with portraits, the rest are friends of mine who are doing alot of the writing and hacking. One is writing all of the supports, the other is in charge of inserting the data.

The purpose of posting a topic was to get some more help on the graphics side of things.

People usually like hacks like these. You shouldn't hold yourself to the standard of redrawing all the graphics in the Fire Emblem style--I'd suggest you head over to any of the numerous spriters resources and use their rips in your hack. Just use the original game's style of graphics. Since it's a mash of different series, and the hack's premise appeals to the nostalgia of each gamer, the conflict of style isn't a conflict at all. It's a part of the project's charm.

So all your graphics are already right there. All you have to do is use them, and if someone demands credit, be a chap and leave their name in a notepad document no one's ever going to read.

I like the idea dude. I'm making a VERY similar hack.

It only has three playable characters from Sacred Stones, but a lot of FE9 and 10 characters. And then some Golden Sun, Zelda and a bunch of random other characters.

I'm making some animations for my game for a lot of these characters so if you want them when they are done I'll send you a download.

Why not just work together? ;/ Seems you two could probably get a better result as a team rather than rivals.

People usually like hacks like these. You shouldn't hold yourself to the standard of redrawing all the graphics in the Fire Emblem style--I'd suggest you head over to any of the numerous spriters resources and use their rips in your hack. Just use the original game's style of graphics. Since it's a mash of different series, and the hack's premise appeals to the nostalgia of each gamer, the conflict of style isn't a conflict at all. It's a part of the project's charm.

So all your graphics are already right there. All you have to do is use them, and if someone demands credit, be a chap and leave their name in a notepad document no one's ever going to read.

@Bold:

The hell are you talking about, that's an awful idea. Conversation scenes would be the most awkward thing on the planet, the stat screen would look strange, depending on what size the rips are, and it would just look sloppy, not "charming".

However my good man makes a good point:

"IT is technically a better plan than never finishing"

Do you want to know what else is sloppy?

Your mother, and everybody loves her.

I don't see the prablem!!

everybody loves Raymond, not my mother D:

but you're right, sloppy joes are sloppy and people enjoy those for some reason, maybe someone else would enjoy this happening.

Why not just work together? ;/ Seems you two could probably get a better result as a team rather than rivals.

@Bold:

The hell are you talking about, that's an awful idea. Conversation scenes would be the most awkward thing on the planet, the stat screen would look strange, depending on what size the rips are, and it would just look sloppy, not "charming".

However my good man makes a good point:

"IT is technically a better plan than never finishing"

That could easily be a good idea, but I was proposing something like that, and not any where at all proposing a rivalry.

And as for the second part of your comment I completely agree with what you are saying, mixed graphics look so weird.

How come it doesn't look charming? As long as some attention is given to proportions, as Celice put it, the conflict of styles will add a charm which wouldn't be given if all mugs were converted to a specific style. For example, if I am playing with link, but a Link made in FE-style in all aspects which means this style, while it does match better the actual FE mugs which will also be in the project, the sprite might easily lose much of it's charm and nostalgia effect; If he aims for nostalgia, then the conflict of styles could be healthy. And again, if all "mugs" are done in a style different than FE's, then there is no issue at all.

How come it doesn't look charming? As long as some attention is given to proportions, as Celice put it, the conflict of styles will add a charm which wouldn't be given if all mugs were converted to a specific style. For example, if I am playing with link, but a Link made in FE-style in all aspects which means this style, while it does match better the actual FE mugs which will also be in the project, the sprite might easily lose much of it's charm and nostalgia effect; If he aims for nostalgia, then the conflict of styles could be healthy. And again, if all "mugs" are done in a style different than FE's, then there is no issue at all.

It just depends alot on taste really... i was planning to put everything into fe8 style, but idk, if the styles arent too different i ll definately use the spriters resources as bases. and fuzz want to discuss the possibility of teaming up? we d have to discuss story and character lists etc but im willing to give the idea consideration if you are.

Edit: and zhalman what do you mean by that? im not quite understanding your offer sorry :P

Edited by DragonsongFE