FE4 Mafia - Game over

Jaybee

The deep sea is silent, as they say. I'm just not really one to talk unless I have something to say, which doesn't happen often (but it happened up there, if you care to see).

As for Iris, tbh that's poor reasoning. She has an excuse for her lack of activity, and we don't really have experience on how she behaves when she's scum or town (even though it's more likely for scum to have less activity and for town to be more active, but it's not an end-all, be-all argument). It's shooting in the dark to go for the inactives when we have much better leads in the forms of Shinori and Core.

Why do I look scum whenever I say this? I didn't like Ray's attitude at all so I'm itching to go agaisnt Balcer, but besides that I've got nothing agaisnt him. Shinori is suspicious, Balcer got a point there. Core's posts scream "scum" everytime I read them.

##Vote: Core

Since the start of the game you've been giving me the vibe of someone undecided, attacking so you don't get attacked, trying to redirect the attention from yourself while trying to feed the discussion. If I've got to bet on someone, I'll put my money on you.

1. Who do you think is the most town besides the 4 mentioned above? Or do you see any of the above as possible not town, if so then who and explain your reasoning.

Kay, because she's been contributing lately, and Safeguard doesn't sound like a Mafia role. Well, she could be lying, but I can't see anything that catches my attention as scummy in her behavior.

2. Who do you think is the most scummy? Why do you think this?

Core. He's always trying to redirect the attention from him, or at least that's the vibe I get. This is obviously a scum trait.

3. What do you think of the idea of a mass claim at this point in time?

Don't do it. We've lost a lot of Towns already.

3a. Would a popcorn mass claim make this better or not?

Too risky for now

4. What do you think we should do to move on from this point?

Make a sliding scale of scums and put the ones on the bottom of the list into questioning.

/\ My answer.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kay, because she's been contributing lately, and Safeguard doesn't sound like a Mafia role. Well, she could be lying, but I can't see anything that catches my attention as scummy in her behavior.

Unless I've missed it, Kay hasn't claimed yet.

##Vote: Rapier

Kay did not claim Safeguard. She said her action failed when she targeted Snike. This means she could have been roleblocked, or she might have been a killer, or that a Safeguard targeted Snike. Nightmare might be the Safeguard because he visited Snike on the same night, according to Psych.

1. Who do you think is the most town besides the 4 mentioned above? Or do you see any of the above as possible not town, if so then who and explain your reasoning.

Unlike Tracker, a Backup Cop isn't common enough a role to make it risky to roleclaim. I really don't know why you would consider him cleared. Anyways, I still consider Psych to be cleared, and I also think zak looks very Townish to me. And I also doubt Strawman is Mafia, considering that the Mafia would likely have fakeclaims prepared, and he actually refused to claim when he was being pressured yesterday.

Shinori, actually. I don't recall seeing him contribute much. I'm also suspicious of Darros, but well, it's difficult to get a good read on Darros generally.

It probably might not be a good idea...

Like Kaoz said, it takes too long.

For one thing, Corey should seriously reveal who he investigated last night...

So anyway. I was voted because of a previous game and because of not contributing too much. Sorries. I have a bad habit of lurking which most people have already seen and noticed by now so. I can definitely see how i appear scummy though. But their are better targets as of right now.

Kay never claimed safeguard and we have domu over here saying shes safeguard. He obviously knows something we don't.

Diavolo's claim is weird and all and i missed the entire begginning part of this mafia and then apparently missed his claim and all his scummyness early on so i had added him in with the others i thought were defintely town. I was defintely suspicious of Iris previously as well because of her inactivity as well but if Diavolo is actually deputy then thats whatever. If hes not then maybe hes trying to trick us into thinking a mafia is town?

Ill do this for now but i would also like to see nightmare/iris talk more ALONG WITH MYSELF I KNOW.

So. With 3 people pretty much guaranteed town, Proto, kaoz, and Psych, one person most likely town, Diavolo or whatever his name is spelled like. That leaves plenty of people open left for questioning.

I'd like to ask some questions to everyone.

I wouldn't say either Psych or Core is "pretty much guaranteed" town. Even if you assume that their claims are true, there have been Mafia Trackers before and an Alliance Checker can be easily faked.

Not much to say here except that there are a bunch of people that should talk more, including but not limited to Ether and Iris.

I think it's worth considering, as all or a lot of our info roles are already dead or revealed anyway.

No, it's a terrible idea. Not only is it time consuming, there are little to no benefits to it in the first place. Basically, it's as if we would pressure vote everyone from most to least suspicious.

Lynch a mafia or harmful 3rd party.

oh yeah phase ends tomorrow, 4pm, GMT +8

Whenever that is in EST

3AM tonight.

No, I have not claimed yet. Rapier, why did you think I had?

I don't think Core is town. Alliance Cop is only not an easy claim for mafia for one reason - counterclaims. Backups/deputies are rare enough that a counterclaim is unlikely. Alone, this wouldn't really be a reason to suspect him, but his weird behavior earlier didn't seem explainable by lying low because of his role. It still looked like active lurking/waffling to me. Iris looked like an extremely townish player, but not yet on most people's lists of trustworthy players. Clearing her would be relatively unhelpful, and therefore safe.

Core. See above.

I don't think that would be a good idea. If the town somehow has any good roles left, it would make things even worse, since I doubt we would have any kill prevention besides a doctor and 3 bulletproofs.

Yes, but not enough.

Pressure more players. I would vote for StSS, but...

Seriously, someone explain to me why popcorn claiming is supposed to be better than normal mass claiming. Maybe I'm just missing some important aspect of it.

I think its because you get more relevant information in a shorter period of time in comparison to massclaiming normally, which seems somewhat chaotic and it isn't difficult to hold your claim off until night phase in a normal massclaim. If it can be done in the same amount of time as a normal massclaim, it's better. Otherwise its a bit of an annoyance. Likely the latter, I assume.

Also still waiting to hear why Rapier referred to Kay as the safeguard.

I think its because you get more relevant information in a shorter period of time in comparison to massclaiming normally, which seems somewhat chaotic and it isn't difficult to hold your claim off until night phase in a normal massclaim. If it can be done in the same amount of time as a normal massclaim, it's better. Otherwise its a bit of an annoyance. Likely the latter, I assume.

Look at DT2M. It's not faster.

##Vote: Ether

I doubt the lynch will go your way today, so take this more as a warning than anything.

I got very nice town reads from Kevin. Aside from myself, the two remaining mage sisters, and Pysch, I'm still rather in the dark about the rest of you.

Last night it had been Shinori and Kay, hence my actions. All of the sudden Rapier/domu decided to add a little spice to the mix, and is currently the new hot pick.

If Raymond hadn't already claimed for me, I'd have started this shit off. It needs to happen.

I'm not invested enough to make the list and push it through. If someone else wants to, you better damn well make sure the mafia doesn't manipulate you by dragging their heels, and you better not stop the chain just because one of the early claims appeared suspicious. A popcorn can be executed well, but town made all sorts of mistakes with it last time, probably because it was a relatively new concept.

Claim and pray.

Also,

Explain yourself.

##Vote Rapier

the guy has had quite sometime to explain himself but he decides to just lay there (unless he is away from computer access or something, in which case sorry!).

Gaah, I hate it when people I find scummy vote for someone else I find scummy.

I would prefer to lynch Core actually I think but I definitely don't have a problem with a Rapier lynch either.

##Vote:Rapier

Why would you prefer to lynch Core? He claimed alliance checker. Even if he is scum, he almost certainly wouldn't risk giving the town a false clear. So, either way, he's the only alliance checker we have now. I can see lynching him as a last resort if we can't find anyone more suspicious, to ensure that we don't mislynch, but we should look for other targets first.