[FE8] Draft:Lets have fun

MacLovin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you've fixed it to is completely redundant with the first rule. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. The first rule works pretty well ffs.

If you want undrafted thieves to have more utility, what ought to be obvious is to move 'opening Doors and Chests' from rule 2 to rule 1 (i.e. into the allowed set for undrafted units). Of course, that would also allow undrafted units to use keys and Unlock, but that's probably not a big deal.

Regardless. Rennac and Neimi.

Edited by zahlman

8 maps done, 43 turns so far. I was kinda lazy on 5x. RNG abuse is pretty minimal (5 total explicit RN burns, plus stalling and move reordering tactics - and I'm not even using undrafted units to burn RNs ;) ) so far, although I'm hard-resetting for each chapter and writing out a complete script so that everything can be reproduced. Could have saved a turn on Ch3 with a critblick on the boss but it would have taken 11 extra RN burns despite Eirika's decent crit rate :facepalm:

Details later.

Edited by zahlman

Prologue- 2/2 turns

Yay, the standard 2 turn completion, using the simple trick. Nothing much to say here, except Eirika got an extraordinarily subpar level ups for the turn saved.

Chapter 1- 5/7 turns

Gilliam definetely helped make this chapter easier on myself, but he didn't save any turns. Also, the boss procced with less HP and defense, so even with Eirika's return of more subpar level ups (level 4 with no strength and all of her other stats are ALMOST average? Boo indeed). But don't take my word for my horrible luck, look for yourself! And yes, Gilliam didn't have the best level ups either.

Eirika01.pngGilliam01.png

And now for Ch.2. Oh, joy to the world.

Edited by Refa

Prologue 2/2

I don't even use Seth to burn my RNs because I'm cool like that. Eirika can burn an RN from her starting location by pathing to the bridge, then moving the cursor 2 spaces E. She burns 2 RNs, then walks 2E and waits. On EP she critblicks both mooks. Actually, she double-crits one of them because the first crit leaves him with 1 HP, so she goes for overkill instead of just a normal hit. On the next turn she walks into the bush, and crits the boss on EP for a OHKO. She doesn't get scratched.

It's almost like they were trying to fix the RNG for you, except they were off by 2.

Eirika 2.45 16hp 5 8 10 6 3 1

BTW, I'm starting from a hard reset for every chapter (after doing my map shopping and what-not) to make everything 100% reproducible.

Chapter 1 5/7

Pretty sure Seth is the only one who can actually shave turns here :P

Seth trades stuff to Eirika and waits in the corner. Eirika advances. Turn 2, Gilliam trades to Franz, Franz takes out a soldier and Eirika takes out a bandit. Seth advances to avoid the reinforcements. Turn 3, Franz takes out the soldier from the S, Eirika heals NW of Fighter. Seth retreats to the north. Turn 4, Eirika critblicks boss (not really necessary). Franz waits on throne, switches Eirika to Steel Sword, and Talks. Turn 5, Franz finishes the fighter and Eirika seizes.

Starting with Chapter 4 I get super-precise about the movement "script". Sorry about the lack of detail here.

Eirika 4.23 17hp 7 8 12 6 3 2

Franz 1.99, base

Chapter 2 5/12

Vanessa rescues Moulder and hides in the northwest with Seth and Gilliam. Our heroes charge south.

Turn 2, Rapier!Eirika 2S1W of Armory, Franz N of her.

Turn 3, Franz finish from E, Eirika 1E (W of Franz) and heals.

Turn 4, Franz 2S, Eirika into bush 2W of Armory.

Turn 5, Franz heals with a Vulnerary, waiting just N of the Armory. Eirika waits just S of the Armory. Everything suicides on EP.

The Rapier is really necessary here for Eirika's attack speed.

Eirika 6.42 18hp 8 10 13 7 5 3

Franz 2.57 21hp 8 5 7 2 7 1

Map shopping: 5 Javelins for Franz.

Chapter 3 6/18

This took a little bit of RNG abuse. It could be 5-turned with a lot more, but it turns out that a critblick on the boss is just not in Eirika's cards without another 11 RN burns, so I held off for the official run.

Turn 1, Neimi burns 1 RN, because otherwise Eirika will get hit by the first Fighter and it really slows everything down because of her need to take a break to heal. Neimi and Iron Lance!Franz take out the wall, Eirika attacks Fighter with Steel Sword. Everyone else hides. On EP, the Fighter dies. I'm trying to conserve the Rapier here, but this also manipulates the RNG somewhat.

Turn 2, another wall pwned and Eirika takes out the Fighter with Rapier this time (we need a clear path for turn 3).

Turn 3, Eirika finishes the thief with steel sword, Franz switches to sword (and Eirika to Rapier), rescues and advances 7E so that Eirika can get to the throne quickly. Neimi stands on the pillar and heals with a Vulnerary.

Turn 4, Franz drops Eirika in front of the boss and doubles back to the stairs. Neimi finishes the archer. To get the 5-turn, Neimi would burn 11 consecutive RNs before attacking the archer.

Turn 5, Eirika takes out the merc. Franz finishes the steel axe bandit. Neimi moves to the edge of the hand axe bandit range and heals with a Vulnerary.

Turn 6, Franz attacks the hand axe bandit that chased Neimi, and Neimi finishes. Eirika seizes.

Eirika 8.80 19hp 9 11 14 9 5 3

Franz 3.22 22hp 9 6 7 3 7 1

Neimi 2.13 17hp 4 6 7 4 3 2

Colm 2.00, base

Chapter 4 5/23

Yay loadout screens. Artur puts his Lightning in Supply and his Vulnerary goes to Neimi. Vanessa is deployed to rescue Artur and wait on the center-north tile of the north village. A bit of RN abuse is done here to avoid a random miss on the turn 5 EP that causes lots of rage. There's also a bit of RNG manipulation in the timing of Eirika's cutting of the snag; this way, Franz will proc Str on his level-up, enabling him to 2HKO the boss.

Franz, Neimi, Colm on start on the forward diagonal, S to N. Vanessa starts next to the village.

Turn 1, Vanessa rescues and waits as described. Eirika due south, 2HKOs a monster with Steel Sword. Franz 2N1W of bridge with Javelin. Neimi 2S2E into a safe spot. Colm 2W3S into a bush.

Turn 2, Neimi 2W, finishes the monster that attacked Colm. Colm 1E3S, attack snag. Eirika heal. Franz 2E1S into bush with lance, heal.

Turn 3, Franz 1W1S, attack with iron. Colm 2N, support. Eirika 1W.

Turn 4, Franz 1S with Javelin, heal. Eirika finish snag.

Turn 5, Eirika 3S1W into bush. Franz 2E3S into bush, heal. Burn 2 RNs with Colm. Everything suicides EP, preventing the northwest reinforcements from appearing.

Eirika 9.90 20hp 10 12 14 10 5 3

Franz 7.34 24hp 13 8 10 5 7 1

Neimi 2.43 17hp 4 6 7 4 3 2

Colm 2.15, base

Chapter 5 5/28

Time to get me a hat. Neimi, Franz and Colm start on the diagonal, N to S.

Turn 1, Franz rushes the E stairs with a sword and everyone follows behind. Neimi 1N4E. Eirika 1N4E. Natz 3N2E. Colm in the space between the girls.

Turn 2, Neimi 3N2E, finish fighter. Eirika 3E with Iron Sword equipped. Natz 2E3N, switch Franz to Iron Lance, heal Franz. Franz gets the Armorslayer from the village and cantos 1S. Colm 1E4N into bush.

Turn 3, Natz is busy recruiting, so everyone has to use Vulneraries. Colm 4S, heals with a Vulnerary. Eirika 1W4N, heals with a Vulnerary. Franz 2W around soldier, 2HKO with Iron Lance. Natz 1N, recruits Hat. Hat 3N around archer, 2HKO other archer. Neimi 1W3N, heals with a Vulnerary.

Turn 4, Eirika 3N2W, 2HKO archer with Steel Sword. Colm 3W3S. Natz 5N, trades a Vulnerary to Hat, Mends Hat. Franz trades the Armorslayer to Hat in exchange for the Vulnerary, uses it, and cantos the rest of the way north (Iron Lance still equipped). Joshua 4N. Neimi 2N3W.

Turn 5, Neimi visits for a secret book. Natz heals Hat. Franz finishes the soldier. Hat Armorslays the boss. I didn't get the Dragonshield because I was too busy - that sucks. I don't know that I really need it at a 1-turn cost, though. It mostly just saves restarts I guess :/

Chapter 5x 10/38

I am lazy here and basically just let Ephraim walk to the throne behind Orson, instead of thinking about keeping him moving forward (which is honestly a lot easier with Kyle and Forde's help). AFAIK the minimum for this chapter is 7 turns with all 4 units. I don't know exactly how essential Kyle and Forde are.

Turn 1, Kyle gives weapons to Eph. Forde gives weapons to Orson. Eph takes out a soldier with a Steel Lance, Orson uses javelin from where the other soldier was.

Turn 2, Orson Javelins the Mage, discards Chest Key. Eph attacks Merc with Steel Lance (I assume; my notes are missing this).

Turn 3, Eph 5N, Orson 6N2E, heals with a Vulnerary.

Turn 4, Orson switches to Steel Lance and takes out the Knight around the corner. Eph 2N3E.

Turn 5, Eph 5E. Orson 8S, attack the Shaman with Javelin (and miss once) even though he could OHKO with other stuff.

Turn 6, Eph 5S, Orson finishes the Brigand (?) with Steel Sword.

Turn 7, Orson 4E around bend, 2HKO Knight with Javelin. Eph 5S.

Turn 8, Eph 2S3E. Orson 1E3N, equip Steel Lance, heals with a Vulnerary in front of boss. Boss dies on EP.

Turn 9, Orson 4S, OHKO Monk with Steel Lance. Eph 2N2E, grabs the Vulnerary from Orson and uses it.

Turn 10, Orson trades Silver Sword to Eph, OHKO Mage with Steel Sword. Eph seizes.

If I had the other cavs follow behind while avoiding combat, I guess I could keep a little more stuff. I don't really need it, though. The only really interesting thing here is the Killer Lance in a chest, and I didn't want to detour for that, slow as I was being already. Like I said, lazy.

Map shopping: Natz gets a Torch staff. Franz gets himself a couple Steel Lances.

Eirika 10.53 21hp 10 13 15 10 5 3

Franz 8.62 25hp 13 8 10 5 7 2

Neimi 2.84 17hp 4 6 7 4 3 2

Colm 3.37, 19hp 4 5 11 9 3 2

Natz 1.37, base

Hat 7.62, 26hp 8 13 15 8 6 2

Chapter 6 5/43

I miss Seth. Franz is not bad, but he's no Seth. Plus, he's losing his edge on my Str-blessed Eirika. He's slowed down a bit here by the need to sit in the fort in order to tank all the enemies.

From top to bottom along the easternmost edge: Neimi, Colm, Hat, Nat, Franz.

Turn 1: Natz 4E1N, Torch to the far E. Franz 7E with Iron Sword. Eirika 4E, trade Iron Sword to Natz, and Hat takes it from her after also going 4E (I should have fixed that in loadout). Neimi and Colm also go 4E through the woods.

Turn 2: Natz 2N, Mend(? I should have noted earlier whether I was using Mend or Heal) Colm. Eirika 2E, finish soldier with steel. Neimi 3S, finish Merc. Franz into fort, switch to Steel Lance, heals with a Vulnerary. Colm 1E2N onto hill.

Turn 3: Colm finishes the Halberd dude (why is he wielding the Halberd versus Colm instead of the other axe? :( ). Natz 2N1E, Mend(?) Colm. Hat 3N1W, claim Iron Blade by killing that dude. Franz around N of Monk, take out Archer with Iron Lance. Eirika into fort, finish Bandit with Steel Sword. Neimi 3N.

Turn 4: Franz 5W into bush, heals with a Vulnerary. Natz Mend(?) Colm. Hat attacks Cavalier, Neimi and Colm finish. Eirika 1N, pwn Iron Blade Cavalier (Rapier, I'm assuming... again, I need to be more careful with notes if they're going to be any use)

Turn 5: Hat 2HKOs Troubadour with Iron Sword. Natz gets out of the way and spams Torch. Colm attacks Soldier, Neimi and Eirika finish. Franz 2HKOs Novala with Iron Lance.

Map shopping; another Iron Sword for Eirika.

Eirika 11.98 22hp 11 14 15 11 6 3

Franz 11.52 27hp 14 9 11 7 7 4

Neimi 3.49 18hp 4 6 7 5 3 3

Colm 5.61, 21hp 5 6 12 11 4 2

Natz 2.04, 18hp 3 5 8 7 2 7

Hat 8.83, 27hp 8 14 15 8 7 2

Chapter 7 7/50

I derped and didn't promote Franz here. Or before Ch 8 :facepalm: But I'm honestly not sure it cost turns. Eirika did awesomely against Murray and Tirado with only a tiny bit of RN assistance.

Actually, wait, I guess Murray is the source of Franz's promotion item, so this chapter isn't a derp, only the next one is.

Neimi, Colm, Hat in the top row.

Eirika and Franz in the middle row.

Natz in the bottom row. Everyone as far E as possible.

The basic strategy here is for everyone to go around the long way, with Franz doing a little Eirika rescue-dropping and Colm sneaking through to get at the Energy Ring. Stealing it without him facing combat on EP would be really tricky so I'm glad I recruited him.

Turn 1, Hat takes out soldier with Iron Blade. Eirika moves forward with Steel Sword equipped so that Franz doesn't have to backtrack for her. Franz rescues Eirika, 7E with Iron Lance equipped. Colm behind Hat, then Natz, then Neimi.

Turn 2, Neimi 4E1S, finish Soldier with unnecessary crit (this may the only time all game she gets to look awesome). Franz 4E2S, switch to Iron Sword, drop Eirika N into bush. Colm 4E1S. Natz 5E, Heal Colm. Hat 4E1S, heals with a Vulnerary.

Turn 3, Hat 2E1N, crit Mage with Killing Edge. Natz Heal Eirika. Eirika 2N1E, kill Archer with Steel Sword. Colm 5E. Franz 2E5N, wait with Iron Sword. (The goal here is to dodge a bunch of enemies - he takes too much damage if he tries to counter with a Javelin - and lure the Mage for Colm.) Neimi 4E1S.

Turn 4, Hat 2N, finish Fighter with Iron Sword. Eirika 1N, finish Merc with Steel. Colm steal Energy Ring. Franz trades a Vulnerary from Colm and uses it, and then cantos around to W of Mage with Javelin equipped (this is the really tricky part). Natz 2E1N. Neimi 1E2N.

Turn 5, Hat into bush, take out Mage with Iron Sword (unnecessary crit). Eirika around Merc, finish with Rapier. Natz Heal Franz. Neimi 2N. Franz switches to Iron Lance, 1W, rescues Eirika, cantos to just S of the Slim Lance!Soldier. Colm 1W4N into bush.

Turn 6, Franz drops Eirika in front of Murray with Rapier equipped, canto 1E with Javelin equipped (avoiding the injured Soldiers, which will go after Hat). Colm 1E2N, attack Ballista. Hat 5W. Natz 1S1W.

Turn 7, Neimi 2S, attack Fighter. Colm finish Fighter. Franz finish Archer with Iron Sword. Natz Heal Hat. Eirika seizes.

Eirika 14.54 24hp 13 17 17 13 7 4

Franz 12.63 28hp 15 9 12 8 7 4

Neimi 4.00 19hp 4 6 7 6 4 3

Colm 6.65, 21hp 6 6 13 12 4 2

Natz 2.48, 18hp 3 5 8 7 2 7

Hat 10.82, 29hp 9 15 17 9 8 3

Chapter 8 7/57

Hat by himself at the front; Franz and Colm in the second row; Natz and Neimi in the third row, Eirika where she's forced to start.

Turn 1, Eirika 5N, take out Soldier with Iron Sword. Hat 1W3N, take out Soldier with Iron Sword. Franz 5N, switch Hat to Armorslayer, canto 2N with Javelin equipped (he takes out the Shaman on EP). Colm 5N. Natz 3N, Heal Eirika. Neimi 4N.

Turn 2, Hat 2N2E, take out Knight with Armorslayer, send Door Key to Supply. Natz 4N1E, Heal Colm. Neimi finish Merc. Eirika 2W, finish Archer with Iron Sword (she gets a perfect level-up for this, which was a nice coincidence that I made sure to preserve while preparing the full strategy). Colm unlocks the door. Franz moves directly in front of Colm with Steel Lance and heals with a Vulnerary. Forde trades a Vulnerary to Eph for the as-yet-unusable Silver Sword. Eph 1S4E with Steel Lance. Kyle rescues Forde and hides behind Eph.

Turn 3, Eph 1E, Reginleif on Archer. Kyle waits W of Eph (preparing to get out of the way of reinforcements). Colm claims the Angelic Robe. Natz 3N, Mend Franz. Franz 3N2W, take out Steel Lance!Knight. Hat north of Natz. Eirika 2E3N, heals with a Vulnerary. (It turns out that the same RN abuse needed to get a crit on Tirado also makes him miss, so this is unnecessary.) Neimi 4N. Somewhere around here, Franz gets a Strength proc that enables him to 2HKO the Knight from the throne room.

Turn 4, Natz 3N1W, Heal Colm. Colm 2W4S. Hat 3N1W, take out remaining Knight with Armorslayer. Eirika 4N1E. Franz 1W5S with Javelin. Neimi 4N1W. Eph 1N, uses a Vulnerary (He still has Reginleif equipped so as to double the Brigand). Kyle 1E.

Turn 5, Eph 5E, OHKO the Knight with Reginleif. Kyle 5E2N. (Here is the part where I redeem myself for not early-promoting Franz; he still has enough movement to make the rest of this quick.) Eirika 3W around bend. Colm rescues Eirika. Franz Take, 7W with Iron Lance equipped. Natz Heal Colm. Hat rescue Natz (she never gets a chance to heal herself). Neimi 3S2W.

Turn 6, Eph 4N1E and uses a Vulnerary. Kyle 5N2E, finally protected from the reinforcements for good. Hat 3S2W, attack Archer with Iron Sword. Neimi 2W1N, finish Archer. (She needs the support bonus to do it in 1 hit. I suppose that ignoring this might allow another opportunity for RNG manipulation but I didn't test it out.) Colm 1S3W, take Natz, drop N. Franz burns 2 RNs, switches to Javelin, drops Rapier!Eirika in front of Tirado, and cantos 1S (out of the Thief's range). On EP, Eirika hits and then crits the boss.

Turn 7, Eph take out Mage with Reginleif. Hat 3N, take out Mage with Iron Sword. Franz 1S, OHKO thief with Steel Lance. Natz Mend Franz. Eirika seizes.

Eirika could have 3HKO with the insane Str she's been getting, but obviously that takes a turn longer. Also, if Murray hits, she needs to dodge both Mages, and another one on EP if she hasn't gotten the crit, since Franz can only take out one while Eirika is finishing Murray. With her average strength, she'd need a double crit; but then I could have promoted Franz and had him do the work with an Armorslayer or perhaps Silver Lance (thanks Horace for pointing this out in chat :facepalm: ). Failing the crit or dodging Tirado, I could have avoided the need for Mage dodging if I'd gotten either Pure Water earlier. I guess the Chapter 7 one could be obtained by having Hat double back instead of finishing off the soldiers.

Eirika route get. A skirmish is immediately fled from to enable some map shopping. 3 Iron Swords, 3 Steel Swords, 3 Iron Lances and 3 Steel Lances are purchased. Eirika's 2-use Steel Sword, Colm's 4-use Iron Sword and Franz's 4-use Iron lance and 6-use Javelin are sold. Restore is purchased. Franz promotes to Paladin (let's not put it off any longer, hmm?)

Stats going in to Eirika's route:

Eirika 16.26 26hp 15 19 19 14 8 5

Franz 15/1.00 32hp 17 11 15 10 9 5

Neimi 4.78 19hp 4 6 7 6 4 3

Colm 6.68, 21hp 6 6 13 12 4 2

Natz 3.17, 18hp 3 5 9 8 2 7

Hat 12.24, 31hp 10 16 18 9 9 4

Holy shit Eirika. Compared to averages, she's -0.5 hp, +5 str, +2 skill, +1 speed, +0.5 def, -0.5 res. Ridiculous.

Franz is also Str-blessed (and lucky) but at the expense of other stuff that matters (that Def hurts). Seriously, he'd have less Def than Eirika without the promotion. That's disturbing.

Neimi has only had 3 chances to level up, and is already looking less than impressive even compared to her horrible averages.

Edit: I'm actually done now. 132 turns total. But I figured I'd wait for someone else to post before I dump the rest.

Edited by zahlman

Wow zahlman that was fast. I would post an update, but sadly, this is all I can post. I was up to Ch6, waiting to post until I got to the route split, and then something happened to my save file. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif So yeah, I need to start over.

• 2 weeks later...

Dumping the rest because nobody else seems to care...

Every chapter is started from a hard reset. Cutscenes are skipped completely, except where noted. The text in each spoiler is an exact 'script' for the level: the "starting formation" is given (characters in each row, in order, from top to bottom, with '--' standing for an empty row of deployment slots, and commentary indicating spaces or whatever if necessary).

Ch 9 11/68

Neimi isn't even fielded cuz she has nothing useful she can really do here. Franz grabs the Elixir (I think Eph has another one, grr) since he'll need it. Franz uses Angelic Robe and Secret Book pre-chapter, and heads out with 3xJavelin, Steel Sword, Elixir. He really goes through a crapload of Javelins here. I really hated having to give him the Angelic Robe here (would have preferred to hold on to it for Myrrh in endgame - seriously) but he was Def screwed at this point in the playthrough and I didn't get the previous Dracoshield.

Tana.

--

Hat, Natz.

Eirika.

Franz.

Colm.

Turn 1: Franz 6W2N, kill N Soldier with Javelin. Tana 7E. Eirika 4W. Hat 4W. Colm 1E2S. Natz 4W.

Turn 2: Colm finish Pirate. Eirika 3W2N, take out Archer with Iron Sword. Franz 1S6W, take out W Merc with Javelin. Hat 1N3W beside Eirika. Natz 1N3W.

Turn 3: Eirika 5W, finish Sniper with Iron Sword. Franz 3W5S, take out Pirate with Javelin. Hat 4W1S, switch Eirika to Steel (I think this manipulated the RNG in a way that helps Franz dodge or something. Also Eirika coincidentally gets another amazing level-up). Natz 3W.

Turn 4: Hat 1W, finish Merc with Iron Sword. Eirika 1W into bush, use Vul. Natz 3E. Franz switch to fresh Javelin, claim Dragonshield (which goes to storage), canto 1S. Colm 1W.

Turn 5: Franz 6S2E, take out Merc with Javelin. Colm 1N. Eirika take out Mage with Iron Sword. Hat 1E1N, equip Iron Blade. Natz Heal Hat.

Turn 6: Colm 4N. Hat 1E1S, take out Fighter with Iron Blade (unnecessary crit \o/). Eirika 1E, take out Fighter with Iron Sword. Natz Heal Eirika. Franz 3S2E, take out Archer with Steel Sword.

Turn 7: Franz 1E, take out Hand Axe!Fighter with Steel Sword. Eirika 5E. Hat 5E. Colm 1E, finish Pirate. Natz 3E. Franz stores a 6-use Javelin on EP after getting Axereaver.

Turn 8: Franz 1E, switch to Javelin, use Elixir. Colm 1W. Elfire goes to storage on EP.

Turn 9: Franz 1N7E, OHKO Shaman with Javelin. Hat attack Pirate with Iron Sword and Colm finish. Natz Heal Colm. Nothing at top matters once the Pirate is gone in terms of RN state or AI behaviour.

Turn 10: Franz 5E1S, attack Binks with 6-use Javelin.

Turn 11: Franz 1E, attack south Archer.

Eirika 17.35 27hp 16 20 20 15 8 6
Franz 15/3.93 41*hp 18 15* 17 10 9 5, also str-blessed like Eirika but HP and def screwed.
Neimi 4.78 19hp 4 6 7 6 4 3
Colm 8.56, 22hp 7 8 15 14 4 3
Natz 3.51, 18hp 3 5 9 8 2 7
Hat 12.75, 31hp 10 16 18 9 9 4

I went map shopping here for an Unlock staff that I don't think got used for a while and wasn't really needed (I could have staff-spammed something else with Saleh instead of having him open the first door in Ch14).

Ch10 7/75

Tana is deployed to recruit Tethys (via Innes). This is pretty much useless, since those characters would auto-recruit anyway, but it's possible to do without breaking the rules and it lets Tethys get a tiny bit of extra XP so I guess I figured I'd show off. (That's not really true. Actually, I had completely forgotten about the auto-recruitment. :facepalm: )

Franz can use the Silver Lance now, so he loads out that as well as Axereaver, Javelin and Vulnerary. Neimi is deployed mostly to bait the ballistae.

Eirika, Neimi.

Colm, Hat, Natz.

Tana, Franz.

(I'm not really sure if I got that formation right. I should have been more careful with my notes.)

Turn 1: Franz 1E6S, take out Hand Axe!Bandit with Javelin (crit). Tana 2W5S. Eirika 4S1E. Hat 2S1E. Colm 2S1E. Natz 2S. Neimi 1S1E.

Turn 2: Franz 6E around stuff, take out Door Key!Soldier with Javelin. Hat 5S, crit Merc with Killing Edge. Colm 5S, finish Mage. Eirika 5S. Natz 1W4S. Tana 6S beside Archer, who never moves.

Turn 3: Tana recruit Innes, stay put. Innes recruit Tethys from near side. Tethys dances for Tana, who rescues Innes then backtracks to NE of fort. Eirika 5E. Hat 2S3E. Colm 1S4E. Natz 1S1E. Franz switch to Silver Lance, open door, canto W of arena.

Turn 4: Hat 1N2E, take out Soldier with Iron Blade. Colm 2E1S, finish Archer. Eirika 2E3N. Franz 2W around Lancereaver!Merc, finish with Axereaver. Tana 7N. Tethys into fort, use Vulnerary. Natz 1E.

Turn 5: Eirika take out Longbow!Archer with Iron Sword. Franz OHKO Ballista with Silver Lance. Hat 4N. Colm 5N1E, take and use Vulnerary. Natz and Tana back to the starting area.

Turn 6: Franz wait in front of Pablo with Silver Lance, use Vulnerary. Eirika wait on Ballista. Colm 3N3E to stairs. Hat wait on Arena.

Turn 7: Hat 1S, take out S Brigand with Iron Blade. Colm onto Arena, finish Brigand. Eirika Seize.

Colm promotes to Assassin after the chapter, and grabs a bunch of nice shiny new weaponry.

Eirika 17.52 27hp 16 20 20 15 8 6
Franz 15/5.73 42*hp 18 15* 18 10 10 6
Neimi 4.80 19hp 4 6 7 6 4 3
Colm 10/1.00, 27hp 9 8 16 16 7 5
Natz 3.51, 18hp 3 5 9 8 2 7
Hat 13.72, 32hp 10 17 18 9 9 4
Tethys lolbase.

Ch 11 9/84

Gerik's Hero Crest can be sold, as can Innes' White Gem. Tethys comes with another Elixir which is much appreciated. Because there is so much gold now, Natz will only use Mend and not Heal so she can get staff rank up faster. (I actually changed my mind about that a few times. I've tried to make sure I indicate whether healers are using Mend or Heal accurately from here out.)

The plan is for Eirika and Hat to handle the west side and reinforcements while everyone else rushes through. Franz will head out the east stairs and down south, then double back for reinforcements. Colm takes a Lockpick and Hat takes a Door Key (not really needed; the enemies will unlock that door). Franz has no real use for the Silver Lance here, so he takes 2 Javelins, a Steel Lance and Elixir (though Natz is always close enough to heal him anyway). Natz will spam staves where possible.

Natz, Colm.

Eirika, Franz.

Hat, Tethys.

Neimi.

Turn 1: Natz 1S4E, Torch at far E. Franz 2S6E between enemies, take out north Bonewalker with Javelin (unnecessary crit on 2nd). Colm 4E2S, danced from W, 2S2E into bush and OHKO Bonewalker with Killing Edge crit. Eirika 3W2S. Hat 2W2S into bush with Iron Sword equipped. Neimi 3E.

Turn 2: Colm finish remaining Bonewalker with Steel Sword. Franz 4N3E, take out Bonewalker with Javelin (unnecessary crit on 2nd again). Colm danced from N, OHKO Bonewalker with Killing Edge. Hat finish Revenant with Iron Sword. Eirika 3S, take out Revenant with Iron Sword. Neimi 3E. Natz 2W2S, spam Torch.

Turn 3: Colm 2N4E, OHKO Mauthe Doog with Killing Edge. Franz around to 2S of Bonewalker (1E4S), take out with Javelin (unnecessary crit). Natz 3E2N, Torch, danced from N, 2N3E, Torch. Neimi 3E2N. Eirika 3S. Hat 3S.

Turn 4: Colm 2S, danced from N, claim Secret Book. Franz onto pillar, take out Mauthe Doog with Javelin. Eirika finish Wight (boss) with Steel Sword. Hat 3S, take out Bow!Bonewalker with Iron Blade. Natz 1E4S, Torch to S. Neimi 2N2E.

Turn 5: Neimi 2E3S, danced from S, 4S, finish Gargoyle with Iron Bow. Colm 3S2E, OHKO Mauthe Doog with Killing Edge crit. Natz 2S2E, Mend Franz. Franz 3E5S, switch to other Javelin. Hat 4S into bush, switch to Killing Edge. Eirika 2N, switch to Iron Sword.

Turn 6: Hat 1E, OHKO E Mogall with Killing Edge. Eirika 2N, take out Revenant with Iron Sword. Franz 5N1W. Natz 1S3E, Mend Franz. Franz danced from W, 1E5S, finish Deathgoyle with Steel Lance. Colm 3S3W.

Turn 7: Eirika 1N, take out Revenant with Iron Sword. Hat 1E, OHKO Mogall with Killing Edge. Natz 3W, Mend Neimi, danced from N, 2E2N, Torch to N. Franz 8N, equip Javelin. Colm claim Short Spear.

Turn 8: Colm 5W1N (Dozla will help out... Colm cant take everything out in 2 turns because the Poison Sword!Bonewalker doesn't move... FFS). Hat 1S (blocks reinforcement). Natz 1N2E around corner, Mend Franz. Franz 1N. Neimi 2E, danced from N. Colm silences the Entombed on EP :O and Dozla hits the Bow!Bonewalker, missing an OHKO by 1HP.

Turn 9: Colm claim Restore with Steel Blade equipped. Franz take out Bow!Bonewalker with Javelin (not the one that Dozla hit, obviously). Natz finishes off the Torch with a dancer assist. On EP, Dozla finishes that stupid Bow!Bonewalker. I think. I kinda messed up my notes here because I'd tried a couple of alternate approaches and didn't delete all the failed stuff :facepalm:

Eirika 19.34 28hp 17 20 20 17 8 6
Franz 15/7.02 44*hp 19 15* 19 11 11 6
Neimi 5.30 20hp 5 7 7 7 4 3 YOU GO GIRL you're like, comparable to base Eliwood now. Except you're still an archer.
Colm 10/2.87, 28hp 9 9 16 16 7 6, I guess silencing is worth a lot? :s
Natz 5.19, 19hp 4 6 10 8 2 8, yayayay staff spam.
Hat 14.81, 32hp 11 18 18 10 9 4, more Lyn-like than Eirika o_O
Tethys 2.06, 18hp 1 2 13 11 5 5, omg str?!
Saleh 1.00, base

Ch 12 9/93

SALEH :O

Almost out of Javelins, and no map shopping opportunity between chapters, but Franz can use the Short Spear. Hat picks up a Lancereaver from Supply. Saleh grabs a Fire (Lute) and Elfire (ch 9 enemy drop), and uses the first Energy Ring because WARPZ obviously. He takes the 8-use Mend from Natz as well to start training staff rank. Natz is getting close in staff rank but will never have more than the basic 5-range realistically. Actually, she does end up getting 6 range and it turns out to be incredibly useful in the last couple of chapters, so yay.

Opening cutscene can't be reliably skipped, so I skip at Eirika's first dialogue. The basic idea is to just rush, with Franz at the front and Saleh at the back. Franz has 14-use Steel Lance, Short Spear, Steel Sword, a 6-use Javelin, and Vulnerary.

Saleh.

Eirika, Tethys (rightmost).

Natz (rightmost).

Neimi, Colm, Hat.

Franz.

Turn 1: Colm takes out the first Revenant with Steel Blade. Franz 7E1N with Steel Lance. Saleh 4E2S (careful not to burn RNs!), danced from S, 2S4E, Mend Colm. Neimi 5E. Eirika 4E1S. Hat 1S3E. Natz 2S3E.

Turn 2: Franz 5N1W around bend, don't attack. Colm 4E2N. Saleh 3N3E, Mend Colm with Elfire equipped. Neimi 1S4E, attack Gargoyle with Iron Bow, danced from W, 1N1E, finish Gargoyle. Eirika finish other Gargoyle with Silver Sword (Steel comes up 1 point short). Natz 5E. Hat 3E1N.

Turn 3: Saleh 2N3W, OHKO Mauthe Doog with Thunder. Natz Heal Colm from N (she's actually not in a big rush for staff rank). Hat finish Mauthe Doog from N with Iron Sword. Neimi 3N around bend. Franz 2W4N around bend, 2 use Steel Lance and then Steel Sword equipped. Colm 4N2W. Eirika 2N3E, danced from S, 1E1S with Silver Sword.

Turn 4: Eirika 4N1W, danced from E, 2N3W. Hat 2N3W. Franz take out Killing Edge!Bonewalker with Javelin (breaks on EP). Neimi 2N3W. Colm 3N3W. Saleh 1N. Natz 2N3W, Heal Saleh.

Turn 5: Eirika 3N around bend. Neimi 3N around bend. Colm 3N3E with Killing Edge. Franz 4E2S around bend with Steel Sword. Saleh 3E2S, take out Bael with Thunder, danced from N, 5E, take out the Gargoyle that has a Javelin with Thunder. Natz 3N2W. Hat 2N3W.

Turn 6: Eirika into bush, crit Bael with Iron Sword. Neimi 3N1E, finish N Mauthe Doog. Saleh 6W, OHKO S Mauthe Doog with Elfire, danced from N, 1E, take out another Mauthe Doog with Thunder. Hat into bush with Lancereaver. Natz 4N1E, Heal Neimi. Colm 1N1E, finish Mauthe Doog with Iron Sword. Franz 3E5N, take out Tarvos with Steel Sword.

Turn 7: Hat finish with Lancereaver. Saleh 2W2N, danced from S (avoids all enemy ranges barely!), 3W3N. Franz into bush beside boss, attack with Steel Sword (Maelduin has zero hit rate). Colm 2N1E, take out Bael with Killing Edge (double crit; only 1 is needed). Eirika 3E around bend. Natz 3E2N.

Turn 8: Hat 3E2S, danced from N, 1S2E, attack Bael with Iron Sword. Franz 1E, switch to Short Spear, use Elixir. Neimi recruit Ewan. Ewan 3E1S. Natz 1N, Heal Colm. Colm 4E into bush. Eirika 2E3N. Saleh 3N around bend, take Energy Ring from Ewan and nom.

Turn 9: Colm attack Entombed with Killing Edge (silencer; a crit on either attack would do...). Eirika take out Bonewalker with Iron Sword. Franz S so Natz can Mend. Neimi claim Barrier. Tethys practices dancing with Hat, and Saleh finishes the last Bael with Thunder (indirect obv).

My Javelin supply is getting low (imagine that), so I buy 5 more here. That Lancereaver was totally unnecessary and was actually a handicap for Hat against the one Gargoyle that actually went for him (since it was the Axereaver one) - though it was still lol-tastic.

Eirika 19.61 28hp 17 20 20 17 8 6
Franz 15/8.83 45*hp 19 15* 19 12 12 6
Neimi 6.29 21hp 5 7 7 8 4 3, she fails enough without these level-ups, come on.
Colm 10/4.40, 30hp 9 11 18 16 7 6, lovely.
Natz 5.75, 19hp 4 6 10 8 2 8, yayayay staff spam.
Hat 15.31, 33hp 12 18 19 11 9 4
Tethys 2.96, 18hp 1 2 13 11 5 5, dancers gonna dance.
Saleh 1.96, 30hp 20** 18 14 11 8 13

Ch 13 2/95

Oh Aias you so crazy. Assassins can't steal from enemies so no Red Gem for me :( Either Franz or Saleh needs a bit of luck here; whichever gets injured first (Saleh in my case) will be favoured by the rest of the enemies.

Colm, Hat.

Natz (rightmost).

Eirika, Saleh.

Tethys, Franz (rightmost).

Neimi (rightmost).

Turn 1: Saleh 3E, OHKO Knight with Elfire. Franz 1N7E (careful to avoid RNs), attack N archer with Javelin. Saleh danced from W, 1S3E, switch Franz to Steel Lance, OHKO Archer with Elfire. Eirika 3E. Colm 4N2E, take out Archer with Steel Blade. Hat 3N2E, attack Merc with Iron Sword. Natz 4E. Neimi 1E1S with Iron Bow (don't attack).

Turn 2: Saleh Barrier (spam) Franz, danced from W, 2W, Barrier Tethys. Hat 2E1S, take out Archer with Iron Blade. Eirika 4S, finish Archer with Iron Sword. Neimi into Ballista, attack Ranger and miss :( Natz Mend Saleh. Franz 4E, fills Aias with Heavy Spear.

The Knight crest is obviously sellable.

Eirika 19.68 28hp 17 20 20 17 8 6, really want to get her those last 32 exp somehow.
Franz 15/9.75 46*hp 19 15* 20 12 13 7
Neimi 6.42 21hp 5 7 7 8 4 3
Colm 10/4.47, 30hp 9 11 18 16 7 6
Natz 5.88, 19hp 4 6 10 8 2 8
Hat 15.77, 33hp 12 18 19 11 9 4
Tethys 3.16, 19hp 1 2 14 11 5 5, yay speed = avoidance. Why does she have that str + skill at base?
Saleh 3.04, 31hp 20** 18 15 11 9 15

Ch 14 11/106

This is really annoying. I really want to get someone to the secret shop, but I only really have Franz and maybe Saleh who can get to the boss quickly and also stand a chance against him, and it will be slow to have Franz visit the shop and double back. (Maybe I should have tried more Saleh shenanigans.) L'Arachel is the obvious candidate to head over there, since I'm deploying her to recruit Rennac (and save money) and she isn't needed for anything else. However, this means that Saleh needs to clear a path for her as she goes by the throne room, so that she doesn't get attacked. This also means that Saleh's opportunities to staff-spam are limited here (and they'll be nonexistent in the desert where he'll be wtfpwning stuff instead). Meanwhile, I need someone to get that Energy Ring for Saleh while everyone else heads up the short eastern path. It turns out that Colm can handle it by himself with an Elixir. Hat and Natz end up claiming the guiding ring from the middle treasure room, taking out some reinforcements, and generally getting to know each other better. Franz used another Secret Book before the chapter because Carlyle is a troll who likes to dodge.

Saleh.

Hat, Tethys (rightmost).

Eirika, Arcy, Franz.

Natz, Neimi (rightmost).

Colm (leftmost).

Turn 1: Saleh 3E3N, unlock door (staff), danced from W, 2N, crit Knight in the face with Thunder. Arcy 2E4N. Franz 8N with Javelin. Hat take out Soldier with Steel Blade. Natz 4N1W, Mend Hat. Eirika 3E2N. Neimi 5N. Colm 6W.

Turn 2: Arcy 6N, danced from S, 4N, recruit Rennac, canto 2S. Franz 8N, OHKO Killing Edge!Myrmidon with Silver Lance. Saleh 6N, Barrier Arcy. Rennac 6N, take out W Shaman. Eirika 1E4N. Neimi 1E4N. Hat unlock door. Colm take out soldier with Lancereaver.

Turn 3: Saleh 2N, Mend Franz, danced from S, 5N, Mend Rennac. Rennac Pick door. Franz 7N1W, finish Knight with Javelin. Eirika 5N. Neimi attack Shaman with Longbow. Hat finish Merc with Steel Blade. Natz 1W, Mend Hat. Colm 1N, unlock door (lockpick; door key went to supply). Arcy 2N1E (should be out of the way).

Turn 4: Saleh 3S1W, take out Fighter with Thunder. Eirika 5N, danced from N, 5N.Rennac 1W, take out Luna!Shaman. Franz 3W, take out S Archer with Javelin. Hat finish Merc with Steel Blade. Neimi 5N. Natz 1E. Arcy 1W5N.

Turn 5: Hat 1N, take out Knight with Armorslayer. Natz 1W1N, Mend Hat. Colm use Elixir (this might be unnecessary, but things are a little dicey here and he probably has to use 2 uses in total regardless). Neimi 5N. Eirika 2N3W. Rennac 3W, take out Bishop. Franz Rescue Eirika, 7S1W with Steel Lance. Saleh 5N, danced from E, 3W1S around bend, OHKO archer with Elfire. Arcy 4N2W.

Turn 6: Colm finish Shaman with Steel Sword. Hat claim Guiding Ring. Natz 3N1E, Support. Rennac 5E, give Member Card to Arcy. Arcy 2W1S, danced from N, 6S. Saleh 6S, Barrier Arcy. Franz 3S4W, drop Eirika E, canto 1W with Javelin. Neimi 5N.

Turn 7: Franz 1W, take out Knight with Steel Lance. Saleh Mend Eirika. Eirika 4W, take out Sniper with Silver Sword (unnecessary crit). Neimi 4W1S, danced from S, 5S. Arcy 3W2S. Rennac claim Hammerne. Hat 1W4S. Natz 1W2S. Colm 1N, take out Mage with Killing Edge.

Turn 8: Eirika 1W2N around Fighter, take out with Iron Sword. Saleh 5W, take out Knight with Thunder (unnecessary crit). Franz wait in front of boss with Silver Lance. Arcy 1S3W. Rennac claim Spear. Neimi 2S, danced from N, 2W1S. Hat finish Cav with Iron Sword (totally wasted armorslayer on EP >_<). Natz Mend Hat. Colm use Elixir.

Turn 9: Arcy 6W. Eirika 1N, take out Monk with Iron Sword. Saleh 6E, Barrier Neimi, Danced from E, Barrier Tethys. Neimi 1S4W. Colm claim Energy Ring. Natz Mend Hat (don't attack).

Turn 10: Eirika 1W, take out Monk with Iron Sword. Saleh 5W, Barrier Neimi. Neimi 2W3N. Saleh danced from E, 2W3N, Barrier Eirika. Arcy 3W3N. Franz attack with Silver Lance. Colm claim Dragonspear (Energy Ring to Supply). Natz Mend Hat. Hat finish Cav.

Turn 11: Franz finish with Silver Lance. Hat attack Cav, Natz Mend. Saleh Barrier spam again with a Tethys assist. Arcy visits secret shop: 4x Killing Edge, 4x Killer Lance, 1x Killer Bow, 1x Barrier, 2x Physic. Eirika seize.

Saleh noms Energy Ring and Dragonshield before the next chapter, and Hat finally promotes to Swordmaster (why oh why did I sell Gerik's Hero Crest >_<). Some nearly broken weapons are sold, as well as a 3-use Mend staff and every axe ever, as I have no axe users. Oh, but the Hatchet isn't sellable >_<

Eirika 20.00 28hp 17 20 20 18 8 7, well, that last level-up sucked. :(
Franz 15/11.09 47*hp 20 17** 21 13 13 7, 2 rather unimpressive level-ups here.
Neimi 6.54 21hp 5 7 7 8 4 3
Colm 10/5.59, 31hp 10 11 19 16 8 6
Natz 6.72, 19hp 5 6 11 8 2 8, almost ready for WARPZ.
Hat 17/1.00, 39hp 14 20 20 11 11 6, so manry.
Tethys 4.27, 20hp 1 2 15 12 5 5, moar avoid!
Saleh 4.33, 31hp 23*** 18 16 11 12* 16, about 1/5 of the way through B staves... need to finish up quickly.
Rennac 1.68, base.

Ch 15 6/112

Horace has 5-turned this. Apparently it involves Saleh getting super-lucky with dodges on EP, or something.

The plan: Colm and Neimi take care of the northeast. Franz goes for Caellach, with Rennac trailing behind to pick up Warp (super-important) and Silence (lol). Eirika wanders off to pick off the Merc in the Wyrmslayer area. Everyone else stomps south, Saleh in the lead. Eph helps out where possible once he arrives on the scene, and Duessel and Knoll do the undrafted-unit chillaxing thing.

Eirika, Colm.

Franz, Natz, Neimi, Rennac.

Tethys, Hat (rightmost).

Saleh.

Turn 1: Franz 6W2N, take out N Myrm with Javelin (unnecessary crit on 2nd attack). Saleh 4S, take out Merc with Elfire. Colm 3E onto tree, take out Merc with Killing Edge (crit 2nd). Eirika 4S. Hat 3S, danced from W, 1S2E, take out Merc with Killing Edge (crit) and find Swiftsole. Neimi 1S. Natz 2S1E. Rennac 6W with Killing Edge (but he ends up not being attacked? Why is Franz preferred as a target? :/)

Turn 2: Neimi 4E1N, finish Merc with Iron Bow. Natz 3S, Mend Saleh. Saleh 3S3E, take out Wyvern with Elfire. Natz danced from S, 2E, Mend Hat. Hat 2E, take out Wyvern with Killing Edge (crit on 2nd). Colm finish Berzerker with Killing Edge (crit on 2nd). Franz 1E3N, take out Fighter with Steel Sword (with Steel Lance behind). Rennac 6W. Eirika 2S. Saleh gets some lucky dodges on EP.

Turn 3: Natz Physic Saleh, danced from S, again. Hat 2W1S. Saleh 1W2S, take out NmdTrp with Excalibur. Rennac 1S, take out Shaman with Steel Sword. Franz 2W, attack Caellach. Eph 1N4E with Reginleif. Duessel rescue Knoll, into corner. Eirika 1S.

Turn 4: Colm 2W4N, take out Peggie with Killing Edge crit. Neimi 1N, OHKO Peggie with Steel Bow. Hat 2W1S, danced from N, 4S, OHKO Cav with Killing Edge crit. Natz 2S, Physic Saleh. Saleh 2S3E, take out Wyvern with Elfire (with another Elfire behind). Eph 5E. Franz attack Caellach, find Warp. Eirika 2S2W (uses an RN!). Rennac 2W, find Silence. On EP, Franz sends the Steel Sword to storage after receiving Hoplon Guard, so that Steel Lance is wielded against a Peggie.

Turn 5: Eirika 1E2S, take out Cav with Steel Sword. Hat 5E1S, take out NmdTrp with Killing Edge (double crit). Neimi 1W, OHKO Peggie with Steel Bow. Colm take out Peggie with Killing Edge (unnecessary crit on 2nd). Eph 2E, take out N Cav. (miss, then OHKO). Saleh 3W, take out S Cav with Elfire. Eirika danced from E, 2E2S to block fort, Talk. Natz 5S, Mend Saleh. Rennac 3E1S.

Turn 6: Natz 2W1S, Restore Eph (FFS). Eph 4E, take out E Troubadour with Reginleif (crit, revenge!) Saleh 5E, crit Valter with Excalibur. Eirika 1S, take out Cav with Silver Sword, danced from N, 3E1S, OHKO Troubadour with Iron Sword. Hat take out Shaman with Iron Sword (unnecessary crit). Neimi OHKO Peggie with Steel Bow. Rennac 2S1E, crit Merc with Killing Edge.

Post-chapter, Luna, Devil Axe and Hand Axe are sold as unusable by my team, as well as the Javelin that Franz reduced to 1 use here. Saleh sells his worn spellbooks and buys two fresh Elfires.

Eirika 20.00 28hp 17 20 20 18 8 7
Ephraim 12.44, 30hp 13 15 16 14 10 5
Franz 15/12.53 48*hp 21 17** 21 13 14 7
Neimi 8.96 21hp 6 7 7 10 4 4, still failing at good level-ups, but actually getting close to promotion.
Colm 10/6.74, 31hp 11 11 19 16 8 6
Natz 7.96, 19hp 6 6 12 8 2 8, A staves GET. Myrrh will get hopped around a little.
Hat 17/1.85, 39hp 14 20 20 11 11 6
Tethys 4.87, 20hp 1 2 15 12 5 5
Saleh 7.54, 33hp 24*** 18 18 12 12* 18, a beast... now about that staff rank...
Rennac 2.32, 28hp 10 16 17 5 9 12.
Myrrh 1.00, base.

Ch 16 7/119

Cutscene skipped when they start talking. Franz has Killer Lance, Javelin, Silver Lance and Steel Sword.

You can't really tell from the script except for the part where I say so, but this is fairly heavily RNG-abused to get Myrrh a crit on Orson, who is a super-annoying boss. I would have given up on the RNG manipulation and just eaten an extra turn, except that everything just fits together so perfectly: Saleh gets A staves just in time to get danced and Warp Eirika to the throne (Natz' range isn't enough at this point). It also doesn't require any moving of units around in a circle or whatever; they just order their attacks carefully. I also got a couple of fairly useless treasures with Rennac (not really worth the extra Warp staff use by Natz, although the Talisman makes the Ch17 strat look a bit less sketchy), and the Purge tome (which turns out to be super-useful).

BTW: using the Warp staff burns 1 or more RNs (I didn't attempt to determine how many). Even if you warp in a straight line with nothing in the way. Other long-range staves don't do this. I have no idea why this happens. TMYK.

Natz, Myrrh.

Colm, Eirika, Franz.

Saleh, Rennac, Hat.

Neimi (rightmost).

Tethys (rightmost).

Turn 1: Myrrh 3E3N, take out Merc with crit. Franz 2E6N, take out Merc with Steel Sword. Natz 5E. Saleh Barrier Natz from W, danced from W, Barrier Franz. Eirika 3E2N. Colm 5E1N. Rennac 5E1N. Hat 2N2E. Neimi 2N3E.

Turn 2: Franz 5W3N, take out Mage with Killer Lance. Myrrh 3N3W around Fighter, attack. Colm 6N. Rennac 6N. Natz 5N, Warp Rennac 5N over wall. Eirika 5N. Hat 2E4N. Saleh Barrier Hat, danced from S, 1N1W, Barrier Natz. Neimi 1E3N.

Turn 3: Myrrh 3W3N. Franz 4W, take out Knight with Killer Lance. Colm 5W, take out Mage with Steel Sword. Rennac 3N around Warrior, use Vulnerary. Saleh 3W, Barrier Colm, danced from E, 2W3N, Barrier Myrrh. Natz 5W. Eirika 5W. Neimi 4N1W. Hat 1N5W.

Turn 4: Rennac 1S onto pillar, use Vulnerary. Franz 1W1S, take out Druid with Javelin. Saleh 1E1S, Barrier Eirika, danced from N, 2S2E, Barrier Hat. Eirika 2N2W. Natz 3N1W, Mend Myrrh. Myrrh 1S5W, OHKO Shaman. Hat 4N2W. Neimi 4W1N. Colm 1N.

Turn 5: Myrrh 1E, take out Knight. Eirika 4W1S, take out Shaman with Iron Sword. Franz 2N1W, take out Knight with Killer Lance. Hat 4W with Killing Edge, switch Franz to Steel Sword. Natz 5W, Mend Franz. Saleh 3N3W, Barrier Tethys, danced from W, 6W, Barrier Natz. Rennac use Vulnerary. Neimi 1N4W. Colm 1N2W.

Turn 6: Neimi 3W1N, attack Knight with Steel Bow (it does damage, gets her a level, and helps abuse the RNG). Natz Warp Franz 4N1E. Franz 2E6N (careful), OHKO Bishop with Killer Lance crit. Purge to Storage. Colm 1N5W, finish Knight with Iron Sword (LOL CHERRYTAP GET). Rennac 6N, claim Gold. Myrrh 5N, use Vulnerary. Eirika 4N. Saleh 2E, Barrier Hat, danced from S, 4N1W, Barrier Eirika.

Turn 7: Colm 4E, attack Cav with Iron Sword. Hat 1S4E, finish Cav with Iron Sword. Natz 5N, Warp Myrrh 4N1E. (Warp affects the RNG! Order matters!) Franz take out Sage with Steel Sword. Myrrh attack Orson (crit). Saleh trade Warp from Natz, Barrier Natz (gain A rank staves just in time), danced from E, warp Eirika beside Myrrh. Neimi 4E, attack Cav with Longbow. Rennac 4N, claim Talisman. Eirika seize.

Both lords promote, as does Natz (Valkyrie, because Slayer is just not that important). Duessel's Silver Axe and Knoll's tomes get sold, as well as the Fili Shield (no users, and fliers have run out of undrafted-unit tasks to do for the rest of the game).

Eirika 20/1.00, 32hp 19 22 21 18 11 12
Ephraim 12/1.00, 34hp 15 18 18 14 12 10
Franz 15/13.72 49*hp 21 17** 21 13 15 9*
Neimi 9.20 22hp 7 7 8 11 4 5
Colm 10/6.97, 31hp 11 11 19 16 8 6
Natz 10/1.00, 24hp 11 7 14 11 5 12, suddenly almost able to warp 6 spaces. The last few levels were kind to her.
Hat 17/2.63, 40hp 14 20 20 11 11 6, fail level is fail.
Tethys 5.57, 21hp 1 2 16 13 5 6
Saleh 9.00, 33hp 24*** 18 19 13 13* 19
Rennac 4.21, 29hp 11 18 17 5 10 12.
Myrrh 7.12, 22hp 8(+12) 5(+12) 10 5 10(+15) 7(+20), dem growths.

Ch 17 1/120

RNG abuse allows for a 1-turn completion; I again tried to make it look "natural", if a bit desperate.

Natz Hammernes the Warp, Franz advances, uses Pure Water purchased before the chapter, is danced and then Warped. Myrrh (who must start close enough to the snag) takes out the snag, and Ephraim (who must start in the spot closest to the snag moves 7N and attacks with Reginleif. Then Franz attacks Lyon with Spear. The rest writes itself; Ephraim gets a lucky dodge after some not so lucky hits from the axe users, and Franz dodges Lyon after an unlucky hit on PP. Saleh needs about 9 spaces of Warp range for this to work assuming intelligent unit positioning. Franz doesn't actually need the Pure Water the way the RNG works out, but I bought it to make things look a little more legitimate. I also had Franz use the Talisman pre chapter because frankly he could benefit.

Lyon decides to use Fenrir on EP, so Nosferatu is sold.

Eirika 20/1.00, 32hp 19 22 21 18 11 12
Ephraim 12/2.00, 35hp 15 19 18 14 12 10
Franz 15/14.79 50*hp 22 18** 22 13 15 9*
Neimi 9.20 22hp 7 7 8 11 4 5
Colm 10/6.97, 31hp 11 11 19 16 8 6
Natz 10/1.20, 24hp 11 7 14 11 5 12
Hat 17/2.63, 40hp 14 20 20 11 11 6, fail level is fail.
Tethys 5.67, 21hp 1 2 16 13 5 6
Saleh 9.42, 33hp 24*** 18 19 13 13* 19
Rennac 4.21, 29hp 11 18 17 5 10 12.
Myrrh 7.12, 22hp 8(+12) 5(+12) 10 5 10(+15) 7(+20), dem growths.

Ch 18 6/126

Tying Horace's all-unit playthrough. I keep thinking this has got to be 5-turnable with all units. (We did manage to 5-turn on Easy/Normal, and I keep thinking it has got to be 4-turnable, but that's probably not actually the case.) I gave Franz the Swiftsole, but it turns out that it still leaves him 1 short of Javelin'ing this one egg that I thought he'd be able to get to. Oh well, 10-Mov Franz is useful for 1-turning Ch 19, although it ends up forcing a bit of creativity on 20 and Final where I might have rather had the Swiftsole on Saleh or Tethys or Myrrh.

The fun way to deal with that one Shadowshot!Gorgon is to use Warp to OHKO it before it can attack. So that's exactly what I do, taking advantage of Saleh's massive Warp range. The rest is mostly a combination of various forms of massive overkill, except that Natz and Neimi actually have a little trouble taking out eggs :facepalm:

Neimi promotes to Ranger post-chapter. Yes, I got Neimi enough experience to promote her with the rest of the team being as awesome as it is, just to prove it wouldn't cost turns. Showing off, I know.

Neimi, Franz, Tethys.

Hat, Eirika, Myrrh, Saleh.

Colm, Eph.

Rennac, Natz.

Turn 1: Myrrh 3E3N, danced from N. Saleh 3E3N, Warp Myrrh 11N1E. Myrrh 4N2E, OHKO Gorgon. Franz 4E4N, take out egg with Javelin. Eirika 4E3N. Eph 4E3N. Natz 4E3N. Neimi 5E. Hat 4E2N. Colm 1N5E. Rennac 3E3N.

Turn 2: Myrrh 3W3N, take out egg. Neimi 3E2N, OHKO Gargoyle with Killer Bow crit. Hat 3W3N, take out egg with Iron Sword (overkill crit on 2nd). Natz 5N1E, take out egg with Lightning. Franz 2N6E, take out egg with Javelin. Eirika 3W5N, danced from S, 5N around cliff. Saleh 2E4N, Warp Tethys 2N4E. Eph 4N3E. Colm 1E5N. Rennac 3E3N.

Turn 3: Eph 5E around cliff. Saleh 4E2N, OHKO Mogall with Elfire. Franz 4N4W, danced from S, 1E2N, take out Gorgon with Javelin. Myrrh 1W1N, take out egg. Neimi 1E4N. Natz 1N6E. Hat 3N3E. Colm 4E2N. Rennac 2N3E. Eirika 2W4N, take out egg with Iron Sword.

Turn 4: Neimi 3N around cliff, take out egg with Steel Bow. Eirika 2N1E, OHKO Mogall with Silver Sword. Myrrh 2E, take out egg. Franz 4N1E around gorgon, take out with Spear. Eph 6S1E. Hat 4E2N, danced from W. Saleh 1N3E, Warp Hat N of Franz. Hat switch Franz to Killer Lance, and equip Killing Edge. Natz 3N3E, Hammerne the Warp. Colm 3N3E. Rennac 3N3E.

Turn 5: Saleh 2E1S, take out egg with Elfire, danced from N, Purge Mogall. Neimi 4N1W, attack egg with Longbow. Eph 3E3S, take out egg with Siegmund. Myrrh 2E1N, take out egg. Eirika 4E2N, take out egg with Iron Sword. Franz 2S2E, take out egg with Javelin. Hat 2E around cliff, take out egg with Iron Sword. Colm 5E1N. Rennac 4E2N.

Turn 6: Eph 1N, take out Gargoyle with Siegmund. Neimi 1N, finish egg with Steel Bow. Myrrh take out nearby egg. Eirika take out nearby egg. Franz 4N around cliff, take out egg with Javelin. Hat take out nearby egg. Saleh 3E2S, Purge egg at 9S1W, danced from W, 1S, Purge egg at 9S1W. Rennac and Colm each take out an egg with Steel Sword.

Eirika 20/2.85, 32hp 19 23 21 19 12 12
Ephraim 12/2.81, 35hp 15 19 18 14 12 10
Franz 15/17.61 53*hp 24 20** 24 14 17 10*, yes, that's capped Spd.
Neimi 10/1.00 24hp 9 9 10 11 7 8
Colm 10/7.47, 31hp 11 12 19 17 9 7
Natz 10/1.90, 24hp 11 7 14 11 5 12
Hat 17/4.47, 42hp 15 20 21 11 11 6
Tethys 6.29, 22hp 1 2 16 14 6 7
Saleh 12.28, 36hp 25*** 19 21 14 13* 21
Rennac 4.71, 29hp 11 18 17 5 10 12.
Myrrh 12.76, 28hp 13(+12) 10(+12) 13 6 18(+15) 9(+20), more o' dem growths.

I did map shopping for a Torch (item) - had to do that "immediately dismiss a skirmish" thing that I find distasteful, but I totally could have just bought it earlier if I'd been thinking about it.

Ch 19 1/127

Every cutscene is skipped on the first bit of dialog. Franz takes the Hoplon Guard. Natz starts out with the Warp staff. I only bother deploying the units that actually have anything to do on this chapter (or the next). This is easy to single-turn, but it took a bit more effort to claim the Speedwing (I wanted it for Myrrh, but it turned out not to help enough) and not have Colm die on EP (style points). Everyone starts in the main room, deployed as indicated in the spoiler:

Rennac.

Saleh.

Tethys.

Natz, Eirika.

Colm.

Franz. (all leftmost).

Natz 1E2S, Warp Colm 3S2W. Eirika 1S1W, take Warp. Saleh 2E3S, take Warp, warp Franz 6W6S. Saleh danced from S, 3W3N, Warp Rennac 8W2S. Rennac 2W, claim Speedwing. Colm 6W, use Torch. Franz 8W1S, take out Riev with Killer Lance (needs 1 crit/2 at 87 hit/34 crit).

Myrrh uses the Speedwing post-chapter. The intent is for her to be able to double Morva by the time she gets to him, but this doesn't work out. She also can't get enough HP to avoid being OHKO'd by Morva anyway, but I end up working around this... :3:

Eirika 20/2.85, 32hp 19 23 21 19 12 12
Franz 15/18.08 54*hp 25 20** 24 14 18 10*, yes, that's capped Spd and Str.
Natz 10/2.32, 24hp 12 8 14 12 5 12
Tethys 6.39, 22hp 1 2 16 14 6 7
Saleh 13.12, 36hp 25*** 19 22 14 13* 21
Myrrh 12.76, 28hp 13(+12) 10(+12) 15* 6 18(+15) 9(+20)

Ch 20 3/130

The first time since Orson that I'm not tying the all-units record (2 for this chapter). At first I was despairing of an efficient clear: Saleh still has 12 Warp range at this point (13 would make a couple of extra things possible) and I have no fliers besides Myrrh (meaning I can only rely on Warp and Rescue for quick progression to the boss). Also, Myrrh is OHKO'd by Morva even if she gains a bunch of levels (not that she'll have time to heal up anyway, and she also risks getting poisoned) and can't double or OHKO.

On the plus side: Natz has 6 Warp range, which allows her to move Saleh across the first mountain range. There's also a spot southeast of the boss where a 6-range Warper can move a unit to the center. More importantly, it's a spot where a Purge (or Bolting) user can hit Morva, and it turns out that Saleh does enough chip damage to allow Myrrh to finish him off. So that's the basic plan: get Eirika, Tethys, Saleh and Natz across the mountains with Rescue/Warp shenanigans while Myrrh flies off and pwns stuff on her own, then chip and finish Morva and Warp Eirika to the gate. Franz, meanwhile, runs around the end of the mountain range with his 10 Mov and distracts a bunch of other mooks.

Franz, Eirika.

Myrrh (leftmost), Tethys.

--

Saleh (leftmost), Natz.

Turn 1: Natz 1W, Warp Saleh 6W across the thicket. Myrrh 1S3W, danced from E, 5W, take out Wight. Saleh 3N, ensure Elfire is equipped!, Rescue Eirika (staff). Franz 5E around thicket into bush with Vidofnir.

Turn 2: Franz 1N3W around monsters and through bush, OHKO Gorgon with Vidofnir. Myrrh 4W2N, take out Gargoyle. Saleh Rescue Tethys, danced, Rescue Natz. Natz give Warp to Saleh and Hammerne it. Eirika 2S1W, OHKO Wight with Sieglinde.

Turn 3: Franz 5W5S (careful not to burn RNs!), OHKO Mogall with Vidofnir. Saleh 1N, Purge Morva. Myrrh finish Morva. Saleh danced, Warp Eirika to throne. Eirika seize.

Saleh procced Str which is very nice for final because it removes the shenanigans needed to get Myrrh in front of Lyon with a 10-12 range Warp.

Eirika 20/3.21, 33hp 19 23 22 20 12 13
Franz 15/18.45 54*hp 25 20** 24 14 18 10*, yes, that's capped Spd and Str.
Natz 10/2.94, 24hp 12 8 14 12 5 12
Tethys 6.70, 22hp 1 2 16 14 6 7, meatshielded ten whole times.
Saleh 14.30, 36hp 26*** 19 22 14 13* 22
Myrrh 17.79, 35hp 18(+12) 14(+12) 17* 9 20(+15) 10(+20), a bit res-screwed.

Final 1+1/132

I brought out everyone to watch the show this time even though they're useless. I also filled the last deployment slot with L'Arachel. She was useful for getting to the Secret shop and buying a bunch of killers, as well as saving money recruiting Rennac, and she's plot-important - so I figured she deserved a front-row seat.

Part 1: In the middle column, I put Tethys at the top, then Myrrh behind her, then Saleh behind Myrrh. Myrrh was equipped with Hoplon Guard just in case. She has just enough Str to 4HKO Lyon, but won't survive 2 hits even with a Barrier boost due to the Res screwage. Therefore she needs to get healed while she's up there to 1-turn the first part. Fortunately, having 2 warpers makes this possible. She could have 0 Mov and do just as well in Final ;)

Natz Warps Myrrh 6N. Eirika trade-chains the Warp staff so that Saleh can go 6N and warp Myrrh 13N, right in front of Lyon. Myrrh attacks. Tethys dances for Saleh. Saleh moves 1N and uses Physic on Myrrh. On EP, a bunch of Wights and Elder Baels pretend they're important, then Lyon suicides.

Part 2: Franz charges up with Vidofnir (Swiftsole was needed for this) and doubles (but misses once >_<, although he also gets missed - not that he can't take the hit). Saleh Warps Myrrh up and she attacks. Natz uses the last charge of Warp (with Colm trade-chaining) to bunnyhop Tethys, who dances for Myrrh to attack again. Eirika finishes with Sieglinde.

Eirika 20/3.21, 33hp 19 23 22 20 12 13
Franz 15/18.56 54*hp 25 20** 24 14 18 10*, a whole 11 exp for jamming Vidofnir into Fomortiis.
Natz 10/3.78, 25hp 13 9 15 13 5 13
Tethys 6.90, 22hp 1 2 16 14 6 7, meatshielded ten whole times.
Saleh 15.25, 37hp 26*** 20 23 15 13* 22
Myrrh 20.00, 40hp 20(+12) 17(+12) 20* 10 20(+15) 11(+20), and 17 Dragonstone uses remaining.

Edited by zahlman

• 1 month later...

So I lost my savefile. Big deal, I only got 2 chapters in anyways.

Prologue- 2/2 turns

Read someone else's strategy.

Chapter 1- 5/7 turns

Read someone else's strategy and Gilliam helped.

Chapter 2- 6/13 turns

I should've drafted Garcia. Curse you, Gilliam, and your lance locked combat!

Chapter 3- 10/23 turns

What is this

Chapter 4- 11/34 turns

Confirmed, I have drafted the most garbage team imaginable. Eirika and Gilliam solo for the first 8 chapters? Did I even think about the earlygame? Gilliam hasn't procced a single speed and he's fucking level 10. BULLSHIT.

Chapter 5- 10/44 turns

Why even bother with the low turncount? I already lost the moment I picked this team. I got all of the villages for quick Guilding Ring access.

Chapter 5x- 11/55 turns

I could do this in 8 turns. But then it wouldn't be consistent with the REST of this draft. Dragon Shield to Eirika! Skill Book to Gilligan! Just kidding, I sold it for the cash. I regret nothing!

Chapter 6- 8/63 turns

Good lord, things move slow when you have only ONE competent combat unit. I sure wish Seth was free.

Chapter 7- 6/69 turns

SO you can toss Eirika over the river. Dammit, that really would've helped me in the infantry draft. Knight Crest to Gilliam!

Chapter 8- 9/78 turns

Gilliam, stop sucking. Wait, you gained one point in speed? OK, that's a good first step, but when it's more beneficial for me to have Eirika walk than you to ferry her, you know there's something wrong.

I'm going Ephraim's route because even though Eirika's route in general takes less turns, you guys are all crazy and with my team, it'll probably way easier for me to just go Ephraim. Also screw turncount by this point. Angelic Robe to Natasha!

God damn it, at this point Amelia would be an amazing contribution to my team. AMELIA. THAT'S HOW BAD MY TEAM IS.

FOUR UNITS. FOUR PLAYABLE UNITS.

Moulder, the piece of garbage that he is, gets criticaled...by a cavalier with a Javelin. Can you say benchwarmer?

Chapter 9- 39 (+4 penalty)/121 turns

OK, now I'm not even trying anymore. Goddamn it. Thankfully I'll actually get some units in the next map, so I can maybe not really who am I kidding salvage this run.

IT'S TOO LATE EVERYTHING IS DONE FOR WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR

Chapter 10- 11/132 turns

And the game becomes fun. Thanks, Duracell and Bromag! Speedwing to Cor, er, Bromag! Wait, he has actual speed growth...Er, to Due, er, Duracall, it goes to!

Chapter 11- 10/142 turns

Well, that was easy when my squishies weren't in the way ruining everything.

Chapter 12- 9/151 turns

The A team goes to town, and this chapter ended up being really really easy. Promoted Cormag at the end of it because he has max strength. To Wyvern Lord, because screw Wyvern Knights and their ninny Pierce. Wyvern Lords can Seize anyways, right? RIGHT?

Edited by Refa

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 13- 11 + 4 turn penalty/167 turns

And another chapter goes down! This one was also easy enough, although my turncount didn't seem so hot. It's hard to LTC with 2 Great Knights and Cormag! Also Dozla is a fucking boss. He helped Cormag kill Selena on PP before things got too hairy (Duessel, where the fuck were you at the time?).

ANNNNNNNNNNNNND I took a 4 turn penalty because I thought Tethys was free. Seriously, who the fuck makes a draft where Tethys isn't free?

I are dissapoint, son.

Chapter 14- 13/180 turns

So another ehhh... worthy chapter. Those damn mages and reinforcements cost me some turns, plus I wasted 1 turn when Ephraim was right in front of the throne to recruit Rennac....before I realized I didn't draft him. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

On the plus side, finally got Moulder to level 10! Woot.

Chapter 15- 11/191 turns

HRNNGFGH! Damn you reinforcements! I've never seen so many pegasus knights in my life. Speaking of pegasus knights, have you ever noticed how small their necks were? Perfect for throttling...bwehehehehehheheeheheh!

Oh, and I didn't get the Boots...yeah, or the Silver Card. Gosh darn it.

Chapter 16- 7/198 turns

Through judicious use of Warp and the fact that Ephraim chapter 16 is easy stuff, it wasn't exactly hard to get a clear. The hardest part was killing Orson, thankfully a Vigarde esque Spear crit put him out of his misery, courtesy of Cormag.

Oh, and Myrrh got quite a few levels and I finally managed to promote Natasha as well! Yay!

Also nay for Berserk Phantom! He was harder than I thought, almost killed Knoll!

Chapter 17- 3/201 turns

Thanks Warp!

Chapter 18- 8/209 turns

Not as hard as I thought it would be! Also I would've used Warp/Rescue more, but I didn't get Hammerine. Gosh darn it indeed.

Chapter 19- 3/212 turns

Riev got a crit on Cormag once. DICK MOVE.

Chapter 20- 3/215 turns

Cormag rescue dropped Ephraim and Myrrh killed the boss. Easy enough.

Final Chapter Part 1- 4/219 turns

PITA. Got Eirika, Ephraim, Cormag, and Myrrh to the front and they all finished off bossman.

Final Chapter Part 2- 2/221 turns

Another easy chapter when you've got the ace team that I do. Would've been way easier with Tethys though. Then again, I could say the same for the rest of this game. It's just..wierd playing FE without a dancer.

FINAL TEAM TIME (my favorite time of the draft)

Ephraim.png

Ephraim was ridiculously awesome as always, and he was even better because I went Ephraim route on this one.

Eirika.png

Eirika's stats were OK except her speed. She couldn't double the final boss!

Gilliam.png

Gilliam was quite useful for his early game, and his non SPD stats are all quite good actually.

Moulder.png.

Best warp user ever.

Natasha.png

Best rescue user ever.

Cormag.png

Fucking awesome as always, would draft again even if he costs turns in Eirika route.

Duessel.png

Overrated.

Dozla.png

Fucking badass motherfucker.

LArachel.png

Best redundant character ever. There weren't even enough promotion items for her.

Knoll.png

Summons are always useful.

Myrrh.png

Always ridiculously awesome, always the best.