would there be a way to give Wallance an C in axes?

HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

just asking because i noticed his default class is Knight, a class that can't use axes right from the get go.

yet wouldn't he be still a general if you didn't play Lyn's mode? if so then would giving him a C in axes be safe?

It's just a matter of giving him base Axe Rank with Nightmare, but that would also allow him to use Axes as a Knight. Alternatively, you could alter the base Axe Rank than Generals have and increase it to 71 from 1. Because EM/HM Wallace uses General base stats rather than Knight base stats, he would then spawn with C Rank Axes. However, if you were to promote Wallace normally, he would only have E since the promotion only adds 1WEXP.

It also means that generic Generals would spawn with C Axes, and that maybe Darin will get S Axes instead of S Lances in the final chapter (I couldn't say which would take priority). But oh well.

At least, this is how I think it works. I could very well be wrong...

I think there's two character slots, though, for Wallace. One's Lyn Mode Wallace (Wallace_T, IIRC, or something of a similar nature) and one's skipped Lyn mode Wallace. If you want to go through Lyn mode, his stats will transfer so the only way is to give Generals C Axes on promo, like Anou said. however, you can go into the slot labeled Wallace and not Wallace_T and give him base C axes which wouldn't affect anything since he starts as a general if you don't play Lyn mode. It's just if you play Lyn mode, unless you kill off a character (like many people kill off Rath to get Rath with B Bows at base) the stats will transfer no matter what.

I think there's two character slots, though, for Wallace. One's Lyn Mode Wallace (Wallace_T, IIRC, or something of a similar nature) and one's skipped Lyn mode Wallace. If you want to go through Lyn mode, his stats will transfer so the only way is to give Generals C Axes on promo, like Anou said. however, you can go into the slot labeled Wallace and not Wallace_T and give him base C axes which wouldn't affect anything since he starts as a general if you don't play Lyn mode. It's just if you play Lyn mode, unless you kill off a character (like many people kill off Rath to get Rath with B Bows at base) the stats will transfer no matter what.

I've checked that out and there actully is only one Wallace.

but thanks Anouleth, i didn't think of doing that

Alternatively, you could alter the base Axe Rank than Generals have and increase it to 71 from 1. Because EM/HM Wallace uses General base stats rather than Knight base stats, he would then spawn with C Rank Axes. However, if you were to promote Wallace normally, he would only have E since the promotion only adds 1WEXP.

It also means that generic Generals would spawn with C Axes, and that maybe Darin will get S Axes instead of S Lances in the final chapter (I couldn't say which would take priority). But oh well.

At least, this is how I think it works. I could very well be wrong...

If you give Generals an axe base rank of C, Wallace will get C axes upon promotion.

The morphs' weapon ranks are static, and are by no way affected by the class bases (well unless theyre empty (so say if Darin had S lances and nothing in axes, he'd get C (or E in the original)).

If you give Generals an axe base rank of C, Wallace will get C axes upon promotion.

I would have thought that it would have been determined by the promotion bonuses rather than the class bases.

The morphs' weapon ranks are static, and are by no way affected by the class bases (well unless theyre empty (so say if Darin had S lances and nothing in axes, he'd get C (or E in the original)).

Yeah, that's true.

That's weird. The fuck do all the other characters have [character]_T's?

Only the characters appearing in ch15(or 16 hector mode) with lyn have a tutorial version(and rath for some reason), meaning that they can die in lyn mode and return later in eli mode or hector mode. Dorcas, Serra, Erk, Matthew, Lucius, Nils, and Wallace all can die in lyn mode, but they will not return in Eli mode or Hector mode. At least I'm pretty sure. Also, the tutorial versions base stats differ from the normal bases, therefor requiring a second version of the character, while the other 7 have the same bases regardless of the mode. Some more obvious examples would be Rath's bow rank, Wil's con, and Florina's con.

Edited by Kitty of Time

• 2 weeks later...

Only the characters appearing in ch15(or 16 hector mode) with lyn have a tutorial version(and rath for some reason), meaning that they can die in lyn mode and return later in eli mode or hector mode. Dorcas, Serra, Erk, Matthew, Lucius, Nils, and Wallace all can die in lyn mode, but they will not return in Eli mode or Hector mode. At least I'm pretty sure. Also, the tutorial versions base stats differ from the normal bases, therefor requiring a second version of the character, while the other 7 have the same bases regardless of the mode. Some more obvious examples would be Rath's bow rank, Wil's con, and Florina's con.

I think Dorcas, Serra, Erk, etc. still return in Eli/Hect mode at base stats if they're killed in Lyn's. Just a nit pick.

I think Dorcas, Serra, Erk, etc. still return in Eli/Hect mode at base stats if they're killed in Lyn's. Just a nit pick.

nope.avi

in the dialogue they say that they never are seen again or something. could be wrong, but game text doesn't usually blatantly lie.

Gah, I could've sworn that Erk came back. And now I'm really tempted to see what happens in Ch11 Hector's story if Matthew's killed in Lyn's.

I just tried it. He comes back, but loses the experience he gained in Lyn's mode.