NDS/Wii Game Suggestions

Crimson Red

Looking for suggestions of games I haven't already played or have. I only play (E) and (U) games (preferably (U)). Well actually I play a few (J) games but only if I REALLY want to play the game before it comes out in the U.S. (for example, Tales of Graces for Wii, or One Piece Gigant Battle 2 for DS).

Anyway, here's some ideas as to what I already know about (meaning I either have the game and haven't beat it or have already beaten it or now know about it thanks to this topic):

- Fire Emblem series

- Phoenix Wright series

- Kirby series

- Legend of Zelda series (I don't have Skyward Sword but I don't want it until I beat some of the other LoZ games I have >___>)

- Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

- Suikoden Tierkries

- Pokemon Series

- Tales of Innocence (the other two Tales games are in Japanese and I don't have the motivation to play another Japanese game without really knowing any Japanese... >_>)

- Tales of Symphonia/Dawn of the New World

- Mario Kart Series

- Sin & Punishment 2

- Muramasa the Demon Blade

- Jump Ultimate Stars

- Naruto series (never playing another Naruto game for the DS...)

- One Piece series (just finished Gigant Battle 2 - New World. Awesome game. Have Unlimited Adventure for Wii)

- Fairy Tail Gekitotsu 2

- Final Fantasy 3 (DS)

- Golden Sun Dark Dawn

- Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

- Yoshi's Island DS

- N+

- New Super Mario Bros. DS

- Sonic Colors DS

- Sonic Rush Adventure

- Chrono Trigger DS

- Age of Empires: Age of Kings

- Need for Speed: ProStreet

- Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

- Metroid Prime Hunters

- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

- Dawn of Heroes

- Rhythm Heaven

- Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings

- Super Smash Bros. Brawl

- Wii Sports

- Wii Sports Resort

- Wii Play

- F-Zero GX

- All sports games (e.g. NBA 2K12, NFL games, Fifa games, etc.)

- Sonic Colors Wii

- Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

- Metroid: Other M

- Metroid Prime Trilogy (might have the name slightly off)

- Xenoblade Chronicles

- Sonic Unleashed (I had it for the PS2 but I don't feel like getting the Wii one too, that'd be redundant...)

That's all I can remember (well I looked up a lot of the games too). I don't like most 1st-person shooters and I hate boring RPGs, especially ones where you use menus to do actions like Final Fantasy, Arc Rise Fantasia, etc., I can tolerate them sometimes but they tend to be really boring when you have to grind or fight monsters every 3 steps or something like that. I like more active battle systems. Obviously there are exceptions so if you aren't sure if I'll like it just mention it, I can only be so picky...

So yeah thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

Things on your list that suck:

Suidoken Tierkeis/Tales of Innocence/ToS: Dawn of the New World (if you want a good tales game on ds/wii you want ToS 1 and Tales of Hearts)

Have you played The World Ends With You (DS)? It's pretty amazing. I don't really know what you've played, but you should try out basically anything first party Nintendo (with a few exceptions). You said you don't like first person shooters, but how do you feel about rail shooters? Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii) is extremely short and score attack-ish but I love it. Sonic Colours (Wii) is also kinda short, and Muramasa: the Demon Blade (Wii) might get a bit repetitive but they're also both very good. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is okay, but Spirit Tracks is shit, don't play it. You mentioned Innocence on the DS as being in English despite it just having a translation patch, so I'll just go ahead and recommend Jump Ultimate Stars (DS), it's a fighting game that's based partially on Super Smash Bros.

Punch-Out! Punch-Out. is an all-around good game. If you're ever wanting for over-the-top action, No More Heroes is favorite of mine, and while I haven't played it I've heard great things about Madworld. Red Steel 2 as well, but being a shooter it could fall out of your area of interest. (all on wii)

Trauma Team is my favorite Trauma Center game so far, though it's the easiest. (or maybe rather because, I am weak) Which isn't to say any of the other TC games are worse, either on the wii or DS, but Trauma Team may be the best introduction to the series.

If it doesn't cost arms and legs, Elite Beat Agents is an awesome DS rhythm game that anybody who isn't a soulless monster can enjoy. Which is an Americanization of a cool Japanese game, Ouendan. Both that game and its sequel (Ouendan 2:somethingsomething) can be enjoyed without translations.

Infinite Space is another DS game I love myself, but I hesitate to recommend it because it doesn't have the best start ever, and the gameplay doesn't fit a universal standard of fun. If the phrases "epic space (pirate) opera" and "customize the shit out of your fleet of space battleships" get you revved up and excited, though, it's worth it.

Edited by Rehab

None. Get a good system instead.

lol troll, I wish people like you didn't exist~

Things on your list that suck (in my opinion):

Suidoken Tierkeis/Tales of Innocence/ToS: Dawn of the New World (if you want a good tales game on ds/wii you want ToS 1 and Tales of Hearts)

I liked Suikoden. ToI's dungeons sucked shit but the rest was okay. Dawn of the New World had awesome gameplay, everyone hates it just because they suck ToS 1's dick and can't get over the fact that there's a spin-off that didn't go exactly how they envision it. I've already played ToS 1--beat it twice, and IMO it's a better game of its time than ToS2, but ToS2 was still good, and as for Tales of Hearts that game is in Japanese and I'm sick of not understanding the games I play.

Have you played The World Ends With You (DS)? It's pretty amazing.

I heard about it so I got it but I haven't tried it out. I don't know crap about it but whatever.

I'll look up Sin & Punishment 2 and Muramasa the Demon Blade. Also I pretty much don't play shooters unless I have to because I'm with a friend or its Metroid (mainly cuz it's a classic Nintendo series). I feel like they're all really similar, boring, repetitive, and I just don't find them all that interesting. I'm not into all the different types of guns or bombing people or smashing the same button over and over for a head shot and stuff. :\

I've played Hourglass but got stuck on the part where you have to close your DS to do the map thingy. It worked once but on the second time it failed. Or else I'm just being dumb, I'm not sure but somehow something screwed up. I have an idea as to why but if my suspicion is true it'd mean I'd have to restart the game which... I have no interest in doing. >_> So I'll try out Spirit Tracks (despite you saying its bad), finish up Ocarina of Time 3DS, and maybe before I die I'll finish Twilight Princess. >_>

I don't mind Japanese voices, I mind Japanese text. The game's text is in English even if the voices are not. Somehow I think you recommended Jump Ultimate Stars because it's similar or something... sounds suspicious so I guess I'll have to look that up to.

Added to list of ideas:

Sin & Punishment 2

Muramasa the Demon Blade

Jump Ultimate Stars

EDIT: Updated the first post list with more games (forced myself to not be lazy). Should make it easier to tell which games I haven't played or gotten now >_>

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

None. Get a good system instead.

For reals.

Final Fantasy 4 Heroes

Jam with the Band

Etrian Odyssey (series)

Boomblox 2

The Rhythm Heaven on the Wii

Fortune Street

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon. A port exists on the DS as well.

Edited by Celice

Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light (DS)

It's got a pretty fun job system (it's interesting to see what broken combos you can come up with), but if you're not into JRPGs you should probably give it a miss since it's nothing that special. But it's better than that snorefest Revenant Wings!

Geometry Wars

Just fun. Zip around space blowing stuff up and frantically trying not to get killed.

New Super Mario Bros Wii

You had the DS one but not this one...

Resident Evil 4

Commit genocide against innocent Spanish peasants.

Little King's Story

Cute pikmin clone.

Advance Wars

Pinnacle of human achievement and the greatest game ever created.

New Super Mario Bros Wii

You had the DS one but not this one...

I saw the Wii one... and played it too, actually--and it really did not seem worth my time at all. I feel like the differences between them are small enough that I can live with trying it and not having to play the entire game over again. Maybe you don't agree and feel there are plenty of differences to make the experience worth having, but I've already made my opinion so that's that. But thanks. :)