Prince of Tennis Mafia - Game Over

Kaoz

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with one person less, the situation from earlier hasn't changed. You're still standing in front of a smiling figure who makes no attempts at defending himself.

"I guess that's it? Well, it was nice while it lasted"

"It's over!"

The person continues smiling, even as he falls on the ground. Searching his pockets, you can find a Role PM. It reads...

Dear Strawman the DucksawDucky,

You are Fuji Shuusuke.

During each Cycle you may respond to your Role PM with...

..."Cycle X - Use the Triple Counter in front of USER". If USER gets targeted by a non killing action during this Cycle, that action will fail.

..."Cycle X - Use Kagero Zutsumi in front of USER". USER will be silenced during the next Cycle.

..."Cycle X - Use Hoshi Hanabi against USER". Any killing action you perform during this Cycle cannot fail.

You may use these abilities only once each.

You are allied with the Righties. You win when all threats to the Righties have been eliminated.

"I, Yanagi Renji have determined that this is the end."

Dear Levantamos,

You are Yanagi Renji.

During each Cycle you may respond to your Role PM with "Cycle X - Gather USER's data". You will learn USER's role at the end of the Cycle.

You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

"ALRIGHT! VICTORY!!"

Dear Kay and Proto,

You are Kawamura Takashi.

During each Cycle you may respond to your Role PM with "Cycle X - Protect USER with all my power". If USER gets targeted by a killing action during this Cycle, that action will fail. You may not target yourself.

You only have a limited amount of stamina. As a result, you can only prevent two kills this way.

You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

"We did it Viper!"

"...Shut up. Fushuuuu"

"Do you wanna piece of fucker~!!"

"Fine by me!!"

Dear Prims,

You are Seigaku's Wild Pair.

Each Cycle you may choose one of the following Role PMs. That PM will be treated as your Role PM during that Cycle for all intents and purposes.

Dear Prims,

You are Momoshiro Takeshi.

During each Cycle you may respond to your Role PM with "Cycle X - Read the environment around USER". At the end of the Cycle you will know who USER was visited by this Cycle.

Dear Prims,

You are Kaidou Kaoru.

During rach Cycle you may respond to your Role PM with "Cycle X - Track USER". At the end of the Cycle you will learn who USER visited this Cycle.

"We did it!"

Dear Kevin,

You are Akazawa Yoshirou.

You have no special abilities. Use your willpower to fight until the end.

You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the Twon have been eliminated.

"KATSU NO WA HYOUTEI!

SHOUSHA WA ATOBE!

KATSU NO WA HYOUTEI!

SHOUSHA WA ATOBE!"

"Ahn, be intoxicated by my beautiful technique!"

Dear Naglfar,

You are Atobe Keigo.

Your vote counts as 2 votes.

Game over, the Town has won.

Congratulations to eclipse, Kay, Proto, Kevin, Levantamos, Naglfar, Paperblade, Prims and ???.

Postgame will be up at some point (honestly, I'm trying to get it done before the year is over, can't promise anything though).

Edited by Kaoz

full PM

Dear Paperblade,

You are the Wings of Kyuushu.

Each Cycle you may choose one of the following Role PMs. That PM will be treated as your Role PM during that Cycle for all intents and purposes.

Dear Paperblade,

You are Tachibana Kippei.

During each Cycle you may respond to your Role PM with "Cycle X - USER, atone for what you've done". If you are lynched during that Cycle, you will kill USER.

Dear Paperblade,

You are Chitose Senri.

During each Cycle you may respond to your Role PM with "Cycle X - Meet with USER". During the following Cycle you may talk to USER privately.

Meh as Paper spoiler his, might as well post the remaining one:

Dear Tables,

You are Rikkai's Trickster Pair.

Dear Tables,

You are Niou Masaharu.

During each Cycle you may respond to your Role PM with "Cycle X - Zannen... Munen... Mata...... Raishuuu, USER". During this Cycle, you will become the target of all of USER's actions except kills.

You are allied with the Righties. You win when all threats to the Righties have been eliminated.

Dear Tables,

You are Yagyuu Hiroshi.

During each Cycle you may respond to your Role PM with "Cycle X - You should stop that". Name a USER. During this Cycle, you will become the target of all actions except kills that target USER.

I like how we went through the entire game without mislynching once.

Though, honestly, scum didn't put up too much of a fight. The righties would have been harder to out, but they had no Ninja to protect them from role shenanigans.

i had the best role

If this is sarcastic, remember that you had a role. Unlike me and eclipse.

Edit: Oh and haha, me vs eclipse reminded me of this video:

Edited by kirsche

This game had 12 players. At that time, I knew Paper's role (1 townie). I knew my own role (2 townies). From JB's role, we figured that there was at least one of tracker/watcher (3 townies). We figured a lack of a doctor would be rather odd, so we counted it in (4 townies). Bal had claimed there was an alliance cop (5 townies, even though neither of us knew that Bal wasn't a townie). Paper threw around the idea of a vig (6 townies, even if this role didn't exist). With 8 town players (assumed in a 12-person setup), and a mafia with roles, we figured that having a nurse thrown in there didn't make much sense. It was essentially another vanilla until something happened, and there's no guarantee that the doctor will die before the nurse.

That logic may not have been the best, but I'm glad it worked out.

Psych made a ridiculous, obviously false fake claim. Had he claimed martyr he may have lived longer.

I can't believe Psych was actually scum; I thought he was just being Psych. <___<

Ugh.

I was mislead by:

It's Psych.

The mafia had just failed C1 with a universal back-up fake.

He included the doctor's character name to pad on his fake claim. At that time I didn't really know how the doubles-team roles worked fully, though I did have a partial hint in Paper's SMS, that wouldn't fully become clear until C3. During C2 I thought the extra info would have been risky to claim, as even with a list of safe claims, you're going to want to share some with the rest of your scum-buddies.

What I had seen of the set-up at that time made it seem just possible enough that it may have been true. (Low powered town in terms of night action, multiple vanilla.) That said, it was probably also partly wishful thinking on my part. As more information filtered in on C3, though, the story quickly unraveled.

I typed up a bunch of my thoughts that I gave to Kaoz after I'd ran out of SMS while I was silenced with nothing to do, so I'll wait until the post-game thread before regurgitating any of that, in case he was going to work it in somewhere official there or not.

Worst mafia teams ever.

Worse than FE4 mafia, probably.

No kills, died in first two phases. Fucking awesome.

I would remind you of Ivalice Mafia's mafia, but at least they managed to kill someone. Then again, they lost twice as many people in two cycles than you guys did.

I would remind you of Ivalice Mafia's mafia, but at least they managed to kill someone. Then again, they lost twice as many people in two cycles than you guys did.

I apologize.