Prince of Tennis Mafia - Game Over

Kaoz

I'm talking about the people going "Oh man eclipse should (have) claim(ed) if her role is like what JB claimed and/or doesn't work well with it"

There is and was no reason to do that. Doubly so there is no reason to do that NOW with JB a dead maf. The mafia benefits from eclipse giving out this information far more than we do. Theorizing and speculating about it is a waste of time compared to the discussion of who is scummiest out of Core/Nags/StSS.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The phase ends in about 18 hours

Psych (4): Balcerzak, Prims, Strawman, eclipse

Strawman (2): Snike, Naglfar

Naglfar (1): Paperblade

Kay (1): Core

Not Voting: Kay

also rereading

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29560&st=360&p=1793571entry1793571

ROR'man = Ether/Strawman (google the former)

Tabletroll = Tables/Psych

Kevin and Kroto because of JB's activities, Prims explained it better than I could. Bizz because of her weird evaluation of me that I doubt would come from mafia - if she were scum, I don't think she'd have let up on me yet, and she definitely wouldn't be showing such a high level of uncertainty with regards to her reads on me - I'd be a relatively easy mislynch. Her unconstested claim of being roleblocked is hard to judge at this point but gives her some credit for the time being. She deserves to be lynched for not being Haruhi anymore, though

##Vote: Strawman

I think he should claim. Good or bad idea, guys?

Note that his reasoning for being suspicious of StSS is a low level of contribution, but in that SAME POST he says

- Kevin, Kroto and Bizz are basically clear to me.

Really? Seems like you have a double standard.

Hmm. That post you pointed out did bug me when I read it, not because of the double standard so much as because he was pressing a guy with 4 votes to claim early in the day over a lurker pressure pile-up. However, Psych kind of distracted me, which made me forget to actually look at Nagl in-depth. I guess I should do that after this post.

I still feel Psycore is a good lynch since I trust eclipse, but... you are making me worry about Nagl a lot again. Notably, it feels like he's kind of had less of a presence in the day every since the Psych wagon started up.

Also, Levity and Kevin aren't voting either.

:/

I'm getting good vibes from Core's recent posts, as terrible as Psych was.

Me too, which is why I unvoted.

I've been trying to decide who I truly want to vote next, but I'll go ahead: ##Vote: Naglfar

I don't know where he's been, but his D2 content hasn't made him look too much better from D1, and I've seen him here quite a few times without any input from him. I just don't know what to make of that. I've been getting better reads on Strawman than Nag after re-reading some of his previous posts. Maybe I'll go back and re-read again, just in case anything new catches my eye.

Results of D1 re-read:

- We know that JB's third vote on Kevin's ED1 wagon was a scum push. Naglfar's vote, the fourth vote on the wagon, came a few posts later. Do you think a JB/Naglfar/X scumteam or even a JB/Naglfar scumteam would be that eager to push Kevin as a lynch? At the moment, I'm reading this interaction as null, but I find it interesting.

- Dislike this Naglfar post because of the waffly interaction with Levity. Saying "Yeah, that looks bad, but it's okay because you think I'm town and I'm totally town" looks like an attempt to win points with another player in terms of townieness, and it's rather disconcerting.

- Speaking of which, this following post is odd for a similiar reason. If you're getting attacked as town, the best thign to do is find somebody scummier than you as a better lynch target. I think it looks off that Naglfar tried to pass off folding to pressure and making an empty unvote as pro-town.

- Tables' D1 is difficult to re-read because he wasn't around for half of it and hadn't interacted with any flipped players. <_<

General stuff:

- Is it just me or are Kevin and Kay doing way too little now that they have the amount of town passes they've been getting as a result of JB's flip? It's rather disappointing.

- Likewise, Snike and Strawman need to get in here and post some :words: again, Snike moreso.

I honestly am tempted to sheep you guys on the Naglfar wagon, but would first like to hear what Balcerzak thinks about the Nurse claim, given that he knows eclipse's role, as well as the rest of the roles in the game.

Ah hell, my gut keeps telling me to do this anyway, and I pretty much trust both Paperblade and Levity at this point of the game, so I might as well go ahead and switch early.

##Unvote

##Vote Naglfar for wagon SWING!

I feel good about this wagon. I think that if a theoretical scum!Core wanted to start a counterwagon to himself, he would have gunned for Strawman and not Naglfar (unless Strawman/Core are buddies or something, but I strongly doubt that given D1 and D2 interactions between the two player slots).

I would still like to hear Balcerzak's opinion, though. It's been a while since he last posted.

Bal has collected claims, correct?

As many as would give them to me.

I am missing claims from Snike, Naglfar, Kayto, and Bizz. Also, I may or may not have mixed in somebody who has already claimed on that list to throw the mafia off-track concerning things so... don't call me out on this.

I guess what it boils down to is, there is still much I am in the dark about, much like everybody else. Psych/Core did include some additional information in their SMS beyond what I see publically revealed in the tread, and after having it roll around all day in my head as I was away from the computer, I am feeling a little less confident about my scum assessment, as I am not sure scum would go out on a limb with this, as it would only multiply my ability to catch them in a contradiction if false. On the other hand, Masaharu is from Rikkai Daigaku Fuzoku... not Seishun Gakuen. JB specifically fake-claimed someone from Seishun Gakuen to try to throw us off the scent... why would the Nurse claim not have done similarly? There are a lot of unanswered questions here, and a Core lynch would clear some of them up but things are looking a little iffy.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Naglfar

Maybe he'll give me an SMS if he currently holds the most votes and I can put more puzzle pieces together. I think discounting Nurse offhand may be questionable, considering...

I think I have some stuff to say here~! Just a little, though, as a bunch of "uh-huh" is kind of a waste.

Results of D1 re-read:

- We know that JB's third vote on Kevin's ED1 wagon was a scum push. Naglfar's vote, the fourth vote on the wagon, came a few posts later. Do you think a JB/Naglfar/X scumteam or even a JB/Naglfar scumteam would be that eager to push Kevin as a lynch? At the moment, I'm reading this interaction as null, but I find it interesting.

We at SF are stupid when it comes to bussing each other. From my experiences as past mafia/hosting games, Snike bussed JB hard in DT, I bussed 3/5 of my team during Itemafia, Kevin did the same with just about everyone in Schoolboy, and Bal/Haze bussed Shinori and Strawman in DT2. Therefore, I wouldn't use JB and Nag's voting for Kevin as a means of clearing/condemning him.

(I died immediately in SSBB, I modkilled myself in Agent, and I didn't have time to do anything about Strawman in ToV, and Sugar doesn't count, as none of my fanboys were lynched)

I honestly am tempted to sheep you guys on the Naglfar wagon, but would first like to hear what Balcerzak thinks about the Nurse claim, given that he knows eclipse's role, as well as the rest of the roles in the game.

I wish Bal wasn't busy, because he might see how Town Nurse and my role could coexist, whereas I can't. If so, I'll gladly retract my vote. But after this, which feels like fishing, IMO, I'm keeping my vote where it is.

Also where did Kevin go

He only appears when I bitch about him. Should I start?

Oh, right, I'm one of those that forgot to claim character. ;/

Uhhh. . .I really like the food at my school. The kamemeshi's the best! It's also the best deal, because everything else is super-expensive. . . :sob:

Since no one objected to JB based on a character clash, there's a chance that Kaoz gave them specific characters to fakeclaim. If so, analysis by school would be moot.

After reading Bal's post again, it seems that he thinks it's possible for me and a Nurse to play nicely together, so. . .

##Unvote

Let's see if his claim and mine mix.

Ninja Bal to the rescue!

All right, given what you have, do you think it's possible that my role and a Town Nurse can fit? I can't see it.

Yes. There would need to be more lying going on than just Psych, or I might be misreading things, but I do not see it as inconceivable. I don't know how likely I'd have thought it originally, but at this point I cannot rule it out.

And I'm also blaming you for a couple hours I wasted researching encryption, though that was interesting in its own right. I still don't really understand Blowfish, and I have resigned myself to not seeing the Tee-hee message until post-game.

The phase ends in about 18 hours

Psych (4): Balcerzak, Prims, Strawman, eclipse

Strawman (2): Snike, Naglfar

Naglfar (1): Paperblade

Kay (1): Core

Not Voting: Kay

also rereading

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29560&st=360&p=1793571entry1793571

Note that his reasoning for being suspicious of StSS is a low level of contribution, but in that SAME POST he says

Really? Seems like you have a double standard.

The difference between the former and the latter is that I'm yet to see any evidence that Strawman is town. JB clearly tried to get both Kevin and Kay lynched, while my evaluation of Bizz was a bit less tangible and involved reading between the lines with regards to her thoughts on me, but I'm just as confident of that.

Now it turns out there's a wagon on me and I'm not surprised. Nothing has come to mind, what with the last few pages being not much beyond discussion of the nurse claim and my alignment.

Reading through the thread again in search of some kind of defence, I've noticed Paper is just weird. He arguably got the JB wagon going, and has done some notably pro-town things on occasion, but aside from that, I've just seen a lot of him wasting time on Kevin, inane posts, and heavily supporting Operation Claim to Balcerzak to the point where, when I make a similar point to one that Strawman made earlier (which he ignored) to argue against it, he suddenly started trying really hard to pin me as scum despite appearing to be completely uninterested in me up to that point. :/

Strawman is still my prime suspect though, with his infrequent, passive, and unremarkable posts. Or maybe I'm just a huge LaLu fag. He's also my best chance of surviving the phase, funnily enough.

My suspicions of the likely present fourth mafia member are foggier. I'm leaning towards Balcerzak simply through association with Paper, but don't quote me on that.

And finally, you guys are going to want a claim. Atobe Keigo, mayor.

StSS said it was unlikely, not "I REFUSE TO CLAIM BECAUSE LOOK AT ALL THE THINGS THAT COULD GO WRONG"

I got mad at you because you are and were unreasonable and snide, and your suspicion of me seems to have grown out of me being indignant at you suggesting a naive/insane cop.

Anyway, is anyone willing to test his mayor claim?

Actually wait, there should be a way to do this where the only way it goes "wrong" is if he's evil *and* lying.

Someone votes Naglfar, he votes No Lynch. If he's mafia, he dies (and we lose the Cycle 3 lynch so I'm not sure if this is worth it). If not, we just No Lynch.

There should be *no other votes*

This role is shit. You have to force a No Lynch to clear yourself, and then you die or something. But I guess I don't have much choice.

If it makes you feel any better, Paper, testing my role costs a lynch no matter how we do it.

##Unvote

##Vote: No Lynch

Actually wait, there should be a way to do this where the only way it goes "wrong" is if he's evil *and* lying.

Someone votes Naglfar, he votes No Lynch. If he's mafia, he dies (and we lose the Cycle 3 lynch so I'm not sure if this is worth it). If not, we just No Lynch.

There should be *no other votes*

I would be more comfortable with the case where we have something like

Naglfar votes suspicious person X.

Someone votes Naglfar.

On a lynch tie both would die, and we have no lynch tomorrow. Two flips, and a chance to hit two scum (liar nag being confirmed scum for lying + possible suspicious person).

If Nags tells the truth we lose suspicious person X and his role is confirmed.

This is also an interesting reversal of opinion for you...

also

[13:48] <Paperblade> what happens if there is a tie between a user and no lynch

[13:51] <Kaoz> technically that guy would be lynched and the next cycle would be NL.. let me think about this for a minute...

[13:54] <Kaoz> yeah, that's how it would be...

[13:54] <Paperblade> =/

[13:54] <Kaoz> blame Life

[13:55] <Paperblade> so basically

[13:55] <Paperblade> don't do that

You also always rally extremely hard against no lynches in NOC...