Metroid!

Metroid  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Metroid game?

• Metroid (NES)
    • Metroid 2: Return of Samus
    • Super Metroid
    • Metroid Fusion
    • Metroid Prime
    • Metroid Zero Mission
    • Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
    • Metroid Prime Pinball
    • Metroid Prime Hunters
    • Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

I lost all the data off my Metroid Fusion cart...There goes my minimum % run, my 100% run, and my Ridley battle.

NOOOO!!! The Ridley battle is gone!!! I made that! NOOOOO!!!! (I think I made it anyway)

While most games in the series excels in gameplay and lacked in story,

Fusion excels in both areas

I couldn't have said it any better

Fusion was my first Metroid and the best I've played.

While most games in the series excels in gameplay and lacked in story,

Fusion excels in both areas

But it lacks any true sequence breaking. Something that many of the other Metroid games have.

*Feels like noob* What do you mean by sequence breaking?

Doing things out of the intended order

Such as in Super Metroid, it is possible to get Super Missiles before fighting Spore Spawn. And the intended order is the other way around.

Doing things out of the intended order

Such as in Super Metroid, it is possible to get Super Missiles before fighting Spore Spawn. And the intended order is the other way around.

So the fact that you can't do in Metroid Fusion what you aren't supposed to do anyway makes it worse? That just sounds like they made this one more carefully.

So the fact that you can't do in Metroid Fusion what you aren't supposed to do anyway makes it worse? That just sounds like they made this one more carefully.

Not really, it just bummed all the veteran Metroid gamers such as the ones at the Metroid2002 forums.

Edit: I still need to beat Metroid Prime 3. I had it for almost a year now, and I haven't beaten it. Lol.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

You also have to remember, it, along with Prime 1, was the first Metroid in 8 years following Super Metroid, so it's likely to have been the first Metroid for a good number of people. Knowing that, they probably put a bit more work into it to make sure it would appeal to the newbies yet also satisfy the long-waiting fans.

And, like Nightmare said, I really don't get the hype with sequence breaking.

Edit: I still need to beat Metroid Prime 3. I had it for almost a year now, and I haven't beaten it. Lol

haha. Yeah I had a huge gap when I played MP3. I took like a 6 month break from it because I forgot about it. It's good, though (in my top 3)

• 2 weeks later...

Super Metroid was epic. I abused the Space-time beam and got like 100 energy tanks, 150 or so Super missiles and Power Bombs, 1000 or so reserve XD.

Then I tried doing it on top of Samus's Ship. My save file leads to a BSoD now XD

My god Metroid Prime 2 is so hard. I was fighting the Boost Guardian earlier today (IMO, the hardest boss in the game) and just died all over the place.

The Boost Guardian....Fighting that thing in hard mode took FOREVER!

• 2 weeks later...

Metroid Prime 2 is really starting to piss me off. The damn Alpha Blogg keeps on killing me (I keep forgetting how hard Hard mode is, but that's because I only beat it once), and when I did a good amount of damage, it's like I keep missing him now.

My favourite is Super Metroid. Being one of the best games in the Golden age of graphics-being-commodity,-so-other-parts-of-games-are-what-sell is a huge win (damn you DKC for ending the era with pre-rendering BS). Also, MP3 getting 3 votes and MPH getting 1 while MP1 and MZM have none? Blasphemy!

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, because it is the first Metroid game I have ever played, enjoyed and completed. My GameCube memory card corrupted (lol sequel) in the middle of my Hard mode run. Haven't played it since... I'm still working through Corruption right now, that's just as enjoyable though.

My favourite is Super Metroid. Being one of the best games in the Golden age of graphics-being-commodity,-so-other-parts-of-games-are-what-sell is a huge win (damn you DKC for ending the era with pre-rendering BS). Also, MP3 getting 3 votes and MPH getting 1 while MP1 and MZM have none? Blasphemy!

That reminds me of a poll I created on a huge forum I was a member of. Twilight Princess was just released, and I created a poll to see which of the Melee characters were their favourite. You wouldn't have guessed who was top of the poll. It obviously wasn't boosted by the fact Twilight Princess was just released.

Edit: By the way, Link was favourite, in case someone tries to be a smartass and replies with "Was it Pichu?"

Edited by Raven