Metroid!

Metroid  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Metroid game?

• Metroid (NES)
    • Metroid 2: Return of Samus
    • Super Metroid
    • Metroid Fusion
    • Metroid Prime
    • Metroid Zero Mission
    • Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
    • Metroid Prime Pinball
    • Metroid Prime Hunters
    • Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Yes I know Samus is the most badass thing in armor, but I've only played one Metroid game and that was Hunter's, I got to the final boss to, this FPS is a hard game series.

Hunters was like, the one game in the series I DIDN'T like. This series is pure awesomeness. My favorite is probably Metroid Fusion, not only because it was the first I played, but it's story was the best (and clearest), and the missions were fun. I even did a minimum percent run of it.

Hunters was like, the one game in the series I DIDN'T like. This series is pure awesomeness. My favorite is probably Metroid Fusion, not only because it was the first I played, but it's story was the best (and clearest), and the missions were fun. I even did a minimum percent run of it.

Like I said, it's the only one I have had the ablity to play. There's always something else that I need to get with the cash that I have on hand when I can get a game, like Brawl, or VC so I can get the online channel. The only game's I've played are Hunter's like mentioned, Fusion at a Wal-Mart, and Super Metorid on the Masterpieces

Yes I know Samus is the most badass thing in armor

No, Black Knight is.

Fusions was awesome. I loved those parts with SA-X. They were intense! In general, the game felt like a survival horror, and as such was creepy (to me, anyway). Really unique game.

As for me, I don't have a singular favourite. I'm just boring like that. But Zero Mission gets an honorary mention for having the best Ridley yet.

I liked all the 3D Metroid games I could never get into the side-scrolling ones, they just feel inferior compared to Mario and DKC.

Edited by Knife

I liked Fusion... The parts with the SA-X were intense. Especially in the Jungle area where you had to run like hell. I once shut the game off because I couldn't take the pressure. .___.

Corruption was my favorite though. The control scheme was epic win, and the boss fights were amazing.

Prime wise, I liked Echoes the best. Corruption was very good, yet too easy (I didn't die in first run), and the travel between worlds wasn't the same. You just flew to each new area. In previous installments, there were multiple ways to get from one area to another. I liked that.

Hell no! Black Knight can't somersault.

Black Knight can't morph into a ball, shoot missiles, fight all kinds of creatures, etc, etc like Samus can.

Black Knight is already cool enough without being able to do any of those (but I bet he can fight all kinds of creatures).

Plus, BK actually has...you know, a personality...

EDIT: Methinks we shouldn't derail this thread with pointless arguing...

Edited by Nightmare

• 2 weeks later...

Too epic to fall out.

I've been playing Super Metroid. I got stuck a few times, but I'm enjoying it. You get power-ups at an astonishing rate in this. And what does the reserve bar thing do?

I was torn between the first and third of the Primes but chose Corruption because of the controls.

What i don't get is how Echoes is a favorite. To me, that one is my least favorite of the ones I've played because I dreaded going to the darkworld (though cool at times) and there was sooo much backtracking.

I've been playing Super Metroid. I got stuck a few times, but I'm enjoying it. You get power-ups at an astonishing rate in this. And what does the reserve bar thing do?

Reverse bar? Care to elaborate?

Reverse bar? Care to elaborate?

Wait, I typed Reverse? That's not what it was....it was some kind of bar that made an AUTO appear next to my health.

It was Reserve. Haha....I put Reverse on accident. No, wait, you read it wrong. Then I looked back and also read it wrong.

@Smashbro: Echoes was my favorite of the Prime series. I don't remember why.

Edited by Fox

Oh...God damn it, how the hell did I read that as reverse?

Anyway, if you mean what I think you mean, it's like an extra 99 points of HP. So instead of having just 99 HP, you have 198 HP. Or something.

Wait, I typed Reverse? That's not what it was....it was some kind of bar that made an AUTO appear next to my health.

It was Reserve. Haha....I put Reverse on accident. No, wait, you read it wrong. Then I looked back and also read it wrong.

@Smashbro: Echoes was my favorite of the Prime series. I don't remember why.

Reserve tanks are basically back-up energy. You can use them manually (but all of it will be gone regardless of if it's more than enough or not) or automatically when you're about to die.

By the way, if you like Super Metroid, you should try some hacks for it too.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier