Alright 2 math questions

Zanarkin

Unfortunately, I got the numbers right, and it devolves into a quadratic equation that has imaginary numbers in it. So...yeah, I think that, even if I bothered to finish it, it's WAY over what the professor would want. Sorry.

Um, imaginary numbers? In my attempt, I found all three solutions to be real... Are you sure you got imaginary numbers or did I make a mistake somewhere?

Um, imaginary numbers? In my attempt, I found all three solutions to be real... Are you sure you got imaginary numbers or did I make a mistake somewhere?

I'll give it another shot, but I did get imaginary numbers for when I solved for s and t (not x or y) using that method. I know I checked my answer up to the "reduced" cubic, and it worked out when I plugged in -12.33333 for y (which would correspond to 4 for x, a known correct answer).

So if I screwed up, it'd have to be when I converted it to a quadratic equation.

EDIT: That being said, when I started pulling imaginary numbers, it was 1:30 in the morning, I had just gotten off a shift at 11:00, and I had to work a children's carnival at 8:00 in the morning, so I just said "Fuck it" and left it. Later on, I realized after doing it roughly in my head that, due to the way s and t are calculated, that the imaginary number would likely cancel out.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania