Hoenn region tier list

MacLovin

Except for the part where it doesn't get either. It DOES get Light Screen, though.

I'm gonna go commit Hara-Kiri in that corner.

Yeah, Light Screen/Protect through TMs are useful.

Spark is nice, and allows us to use TB on something else.

Ok, I think it's staying where it is.

Also, Pinser/Heracross up.

Good bases and stats.

SD/Bulk up fun

BB/Double Edge/EQ to round out.

Even being level 30-31 is useable.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, what SubPunch? This isn't competitive play where you expect things to switch out. And Wigglytuff is still terrible, even if you can evolve it instantly as you catch it.

Heracross should go way higher due to its fighting-type STAB and Bulk Up access. Pinsir gets no good STAB from fighting-type moves, lacks a good bug-type attack and learns Swords Dance a bit late, at lv. 49. None of them should be in Bottom, but Heracross deserves High Tier definitely. Pikachu should probably move up to Mid, IMO.

I'm beginning to think that Treeckos early performance, will be almost dependent on its bases.

If they're all between 9-13, it's golden.

8-12, good.

7-10, average.

Also, raised some and lowered some, due to you folks convincing me.

Also, Pikachu could go up.

Thunderstone dibs.

Coming right before ocean

Natural TB

Twave.

Dig/Iron Tail/BB/Protect can be great filler moves.

Its a hell of alot better than say Whismur.

Sandshrew....

Relies on TMs, but def curl+rollour/rock tomb and slash, along with stab dig

Make it acceptable for awhile.

Geodude main job is killing wattson.

Aron is solid, although with horrible typing and leveling speed.

I really don't know much about the Shrew, I raised it once, and the only problem is its average speed and low sp def.

I think. Along with EQ competition.

I find that Treecko needs to be a bit overlevelled if it is to maintain constant good offense for early-mid game.

Like, 2-4 levels ahead of the rest of the team.

It relies on Absorb and QA until evolution, and then gets Pursuit.

Of course, being one of the 2 best grass types in Hoenn isn't saying much, but it does wreck lategame with Leaf Blade off of that sp attack, and outspeeds alot.

Of course, it has alot of speed bumps ingame, notably Flannery and Winona. (Wattson just has those damn steels)

With a bit of levelling, and Leaf Blade, it can be alright against Norman.

Against T+L, It hits 3/4 for 2x damage.

Especially that damn CLaydol with EQ.

Against Sootopolis Gym, it Wrecks it.

SO, for the first half of the game, it's average-ish.

For the second, it's a wrecking ball.

With Dragon Claw tossed in, and maybe EQ and BB-it can help sweep the e4.

VS Sidney-

Shiftry- BB/AA kill

Cacturne- BB/AA kill

Sharpedo/Crawdaunt-Leaf Blade

Mightyena-EQ/LBlade

Absol-BB/LBlade

VS Phoebe-

I guess its neutral here, Dragon Claw hits all her mons for neutral damage.

VS Glacia-

Glaliex2-BB, and pray it kills in one shot

Sealeo- LBlade

Walrein-Better pray that Leaf Blade one shots, or that Sceptile doesn't get Ice Beam'd/BLizzard'd to death.

Drake-

Shelgon-Set up fodder with X items

Kill with boosted Dragon Claw

Flygon-DClaw

Altaria-DClaw

Salamence- DClaw, if it isn't dead, then pray that Sceptile survives AA/Flamethrower and DClaw again.

Wallace-LEAF BLADE PARTY

Only problems are Tentacruel, Ludicolo and Gyrados.

Which can be dealt with by

Tentacruel-EQ

Ludicolo-AA

Gyrados-.....DClaw for neutral damage.

I think it needs to rise again, back to bottom of top tier.

Of course, being one of the 2 best grass types in Hoenn isn't saying much, but it does wreck lategame with Leaf Blade off of that sp attack, and outspeeds alot.

I'd still prefer Shroomish who I'm probably going to test next playthrough which I'm doing right now (I am insane with pokemon insanity). I imagine it's got bulk, status and eventually becomes a competent fighting type on top of it. Guess I'll see though.

Of course, it has alot of speed bumps ingame, notably Flannery and Winona. (Wattson just has those damn steels)

There is no plural of steel types in Emerald version, though Magneton feels like a million of them. Get Geodude, seriously.

With a bit of levelling, and Leaf Blade, it can be alright against Norman.

Yeah, in your dreams. Norman is a lot more annying than you think if you think Treecko counts as "alright" against him. Agree with the later points though.

With Dragon Claw tossed in, and maybe EQ and BB-it can help sweep the e4.

Rather lousy Atk stat and you wanna give him those? Let's just use different pokemon to help out mkay?

I think it needs to rise again, back to bottom of top tier.

I would highly disagree. It not being impressive till the last 1/4 of the game does not really sound like top tier.

I agree, but BB was for coverage.

Dragon CLaw is special based.

If you're going really fast, shroomish will slow down until level 23.

But damn, Mach Punch is amazing ingame.

Hmm.

Looking at Poochyena, it does have some long term use.

Howl comes early.

Shadow Ball/Iron Tail/Dig/Double Edge for lategame.

It's not too slow, but not a speed demon.

It's attack is close to Linoones.

I could raise it above Whismur, since it does more than WHismur/Swablu for the entire game.

Whismur turns into exploud at level 40, and Swablus offense is dick until level 35.

Either they drop or it rises.

I'm not doing anything about it until sufficient input is put forward.

Since I haven't raised one.

Mightyena like the other dark types it can't make good use of STAB. Its very mediocre.

Treeko really needs to be trained a lot in early game. Its weak until it gets Leaf Blade. Then shit starts dying. Breloom's terrible special attack really hurts it but Grass isn't the best of offensive types anyway. Treecko is fine where it is really.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Looking at this thing.

Abra could drop for the same reasons as Ralts.

To the top of the tier below.

Also, Shiftry could rise.

Nuzleaf is solid, and gets Nature Power. Faint attack is nice for dealing with troublesome ghosts. Secret Power/BB/AAGSB are also options. Its only problem is that seedot is really frail and doesn't hit very hard. But if we're using Shiftry, it can evolve before T+L and have stab faint attack or shadow ball to maul them. You can trade a Ralts for a Seedot in Emerald, and it levels up shit ass fast. I'm considering moving it up to lower mid.

Also, Shiftry could rise.

Nuzleaf is solid, and gets Nature Power. Faint attack is nice for dealing with troublesome ghosts. Secret Power/BB/AAGSB are also options. Its only problem is that seedot is really frail and doesn't hit very hard. But if we're using Shiftry, it can evolve before T+L and have stab faint attack or shadow ball to maul them. You can trade a Ralts for a Seedot in Emerald, and it levels up shit ass fast. I'm considering moving it up to lower mid.

...I don't think so. Faint Attack isn't until level 31, and Nature Power can't be relied upon by any means. And then there's the problem of raising Seedot (AKA, Bide sucks).

Edited by Metal King Slime

Nature Power, unless in grass, is always an attack.

Neutrally, its Swift.

A decent move for awhile.

In caves its SB

In water its surf

In mountains its rock slide

In beaches its eq.

In grass its stun spore.

Not a bad move, it is reliable if you know where you are.

Its like metronome, but you know what's coming up.

And it has an attack stat, unlike Lombre.

Nature Power, unless in grass, is always an attack.

Neutrally, its Swift.

A decent move for awhile.

In caves its SB

In water its surf

In mountains its rock slide

In beaches its eq.

In grass its stun spore.

Not a bad move, it is reliable if you know where you are.

Its like metronome, but you know what's coming up.

And it has an attack stat, unlike Lombre.

I don't really see a gimmick move like that as all that useful...

Well.

Consider the 3-4 trainers near the east entrance to meteor falls.

It hits 'em hard.

Except for that Machop.

Also, considering ingame trade, the Seedot with bullet seed can train in the gym AND level freaking fast, so it may almost evolve by the time we're out. What ever exp it needs to evolve, can be gotten from the hikers near whismur cave.

Also, Nature Power is a decent move early-mid game. Swift is alright, and Nuzleaf has a good attack stat. Fake out helps with stuff, and it outruns quite a bit.

Also, bullet seed hitting twice OHKOs. The geodude in petalburg/hikers by whismur cave. Twice is the minimun, I believe, and what else is gonna use BSeed?

Also, considering ingame trade, the Seedot with bullet seed can train in the gym AND level freaking fast, so it may almost evolve by the time we're out. What ever exp it needs to evolve, can be gotten from the hikers near whismur cave.

It will, but you forget a term that comes with traded pokemon.

Nuzleaf ignored orders!

Rarity isn't something to consider here, unless it's @#$%#@!#ing Feebas.

Maybe, but Seedot are even more rare than Ralts are in Emerald (and as we all know, Ralts is rare as heck). And personally, I'd think twice about trading away a rare Pokemon like a Ralts...

Maybe, but Seedot are even more rare than Ralts are in Emerald (and as we all know, Ralts is rare as heck). And personally, I'd think twice about trading away a rare Pokemon like a Ralts...

Rarity does not necessarily equate into quality. Slow leveling speed and being mediocre until Gardevoir is hardly an appeal to one of the few competent Dark types out there.

Rarity does not necessarily equate into quality. Slow leveling speed and being mediocre until Gardevoir is hardly an appeal to one of the few competent Dark types out there.

Maybe, but I don't exactly consider Seedot as all that great either. Heck, I'd go so far as to say it isn't much better off until it evolves into Shiftry.