What should I do with this run?

I wanted to only use the main character from each country, except two from the main one. So Eirika, Ephraim, Innes, L'Rachel, and Joshua. I might use Rennac from Carcino when I get there, I haven't decided yet.

Anyway, I've made it all the way to the split of Eirika and Ephraim without letting anyone else but Eirika and Joshua even get into a battle, and no villages are destroyed. At Chapter 9 of Eirika's story, the pirate gets to the village at the bottom way too fast. Is there a way to get Tana down there without getting into a fight with the Pirate or getting shot down by the archers?

If not, which part should I compromise?

a) Let Tana fight the Pirate, breaking the "other characters don't fight" rule.

b) Let the village get destroyed and lose that Rapier.

The rapier honestly isn't that much better from an Iron Sword. You said you wanted to only use the main character of each country, right? Sacrifice the Rapier if you want to see this task through!

The rapier honestly isn't that much better from an Iron Sword. You said you wanted to only use the main character of each country, right? Sacrifice the Rapier if you want to see this task through!

An Iron Sword that hurts like hell against horses and armors.

An Iron Sword that hurts like hell against horses and armors.

I forgot about that.

I don't think there is much Cavalier in Ch 10 and you fight monsters in Ch. 11 and 12. Chapter 13 is going to be a problem though. Maybe you can satisfy both goals but if not, ignore the Rapier (If you want to see your challenge through, that is!).