• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think Locke is the better FFVI protagonist.

Sabin is the best character though.

I thought Terra would've been the FF6 rep for that? But since FF6 has ensemble cast syndrome...

Those Leppa berries and never missing moves, man.

Speaking of which, I'd be more worried about those moves in BW (and BW2) since I can't grow berries...

Decay of the Fangs > FE13

What's Decay of the Fangs?

I thought Terra would've been the FF6 rep for that? But since FF6 has ensemble cast syndrome...

Speaking of which, I'd be more worried about those moves in BW (and BW2) since I can't grow berries...

The main character of FFVI... there is no definite main main character, the closest ones are Terra Locke and Celes.

You can buy berries in that one street you fill with shops in BW2, not sure about BW though.

The main character of FFVI... there is no definite main main character, the closest ones are Terra Locke and Celes.

You can buy berries in that one street you fill with shops in BW2, not sure about BW though.

Hence, ensemble cast syndrome. It's also why FF6 characters tend to suck in GameFAQs contest polls.

Okay.

Huh. Odd. Maybe, and I'm not going to guess why the reason is, but maybe the characters they went up against were more well liked. For some reason.

Yeah

I suppose you could say that. It could also be that it's hard to get the fanbase to support one specific character because of the ensemble cast. It's especially notable since Nintendo and Square are favored on GameFAQs, though, and the game itself does well in games contests.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I suppose you could say that. It could also be that it's hard to get the fanbase to support one specific character because of the ensemble cast. It's especially notable since Nintendo and Square are favored on GameFAQs, though, and the game itself does well in games contests.

When you have three characters who are maybe the main protagonist but you aren't sure, you have a problem.

Just look at Cloud, Link, Mario, I'm going to say either Kain or Cecil, and L block from Tetris.

When you have three characters who are maybe the main protagonist but you aren't sure, you have a problem.

Just look at Cloud, Link, Mario, I'm going to say either Kain or Cecil, and L block from Tetris.

I suppose.

L-Block is more a joke entry, and Cecil's still winless (Kain only appeared in 1 contest). It should be noted, however, that Cecil's first appearance had him get annihilated (partly) because of a bad picture.

I suppose.

L-Block is more a joke entry, and Cecil's still winless (Kain only appeared in 1 contest). It should be noted, however, that Cecil's first appearance had him get annihilated (partly) because of a bad picture.

And yet I'm sure L block has at least one win. Then again it is gamefaqs.

That's more the picture chooser's fault, then anything.

And yet I'm sure L block has at least one win. Then again it is gamefaqs.

That's more the picture chooser's fault, then anything.

Indeed.

Maybe, but while Amano art is craptastic, there's not much for alternatives for FF6 characters (and at that point in time, Cecil didn't have anything else to use).

(Incidentally, Kefka's troubles in GFAQs contests were generally picture related - mainly because of Lettuce Kefka)

Edited by Levant Fortner

I find it silly to judge only for the entry picture... then again, most people don't bother doing research... and it's GameFAQs...

Regardless, match pics can have a notable impact on a match...

Edited by Levant Fortner