• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just why I'm so hesitant to play FE4 - I'd probably be unable to bring myself to finish. Anyways, that seems to happen to me with other FE games. Also, personally, I'd find some other chapters worse than chapter 24 in Awakening (Arcadia and Retaking the Capital, anyone? I also found Fort Steiger to be a huge pain in the ass.).

Ch 24 for me is bad in the sense that you're literally doing nothing and it's a big wad of "I have nothing to do but end turn on a fort" It's probably the worst of FE13's "Hey you should use your superunit because there's no reason not to" made even worse by the fact that even if you want to bring someone else(that isn't a flier), they're probably not going to do anything because they have like 2 move in the huge forest.

You should try FE4 eventually, even though most people have a stigma thanks to the amount of love the Jugdral games used to have. Sure, the gameplay is a dated mess, but it does have an "above average" story especially by FE standards, so you should try seeing the game as a whole instead of the faults everyone brings up :P

FE5 is way better though, story and gameplay-wise. It's also way closer to the modern games and I feel like it still holds up well.

I don't think those were so bad, I mean for Arcadia you've got 3 Thieves, a Torch staff and stores selling Torches, and the game just handed you Miledy so you've got everything to work with for a desert. It also actually promotes thinking because you have to prioritize the items and the time limit, and a smaller objective of protecting Sophia. It might be annoying, yeah, but it's annoying in a "Okay this is somewhat challenging" way.

Edited by PKLucas531

It was pretty funny. I recommend adding in stuff though, it lacked...jokes, it was all just visual, while that's fine I tend to laugh harder at stupid jokes told by characters (like having Vaike make some bad joke after overhearing Nowi and Lon'qu's conversation)

Otherwise it was pretty great :)

I see I see. Well, problem is I'm kind of awful at making jokes. Feels like I try too hard to be funny, but I'll do it, Vaike would be the one to make jokes anyway.

Ch 24 for me is bad in the sense that you're literally doing nothing and it's a big wad of "I have nothing to do but end turn on a fort" It's probably the worst of FE13's "Hey you should use your superunit because there's no reason not to" made even worse by the fact that even if you want to bring someone else(that isn't a flier), they're probably not going to do anything because they have like 2 move in the huge forest.

You should try FE4 eventually, even though most people have a stigma thanks to the amount of love the Jugdral games used to have. Sure, the gameplay is a mess, but it does have an "above average" story especially by FE standards, so you should try seeing the game as a whole instead of the faults everyone brings up :P

FE5 is way better though, story and gameplay-wise. It's also way closer to the modern games and I feel like it still holds up well.

I don't think those were so bad, I mean for Arcadia you've got 3 Thieves, a Torch staff and stores selling Torches, and the game just handed you Miledy so you've got everything to work with for a desert. It also actually promotes thinking because you have to prioritize the items and the time limit, and a smaller objective of protecting Sophia. It might be annoying, yeah, but it's annoying in a "Okay this is somewhat challenging" way.

At least it looks impressive.

Traversing the biggest maps in the series isn't my idea of fun, you know. It's just the opposite, in fact.

Desert maps are generally hated by FE fans, but FE6's desert is just ugh. Fog of war, status staves (in a game where anyone who's not a mage or pegasus has crap for Resistance), AND having two relatively useless characters forced upon you? And for added frustration, there's an item that can only be found by one of the aforementioned forced characters. All this while dealing with a time limit. "Annoying" is a severe understatement. Also, I consider there to be a thin line between "annoying in a challenging way" and "just plain annoying". No prizes for guessing which side of the line Arcadia falls under.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Fun Fact: My favorite chapter/map in FE6 is the Sophia one. I got to the gaiden map on my first try, Lugh would have ruined that for me if he hadn't dodged an 83 from a Wyvern Rider. I still benched him though. I love the sense of urgency the map has, and it's a desert map which is my favorite kind of map. Botched movement+turn limit for the gaiden+Sophia's survival+Fog of War(more like sandstorm amirite)=Emerald orgasm. Loved it. FE fans are goofy.

Edited by EmeraldFox

Yeah, it's not as hard as most people make it out to be. I find the whole "here's a lot of EVERYTHING for you to do, good luck" to be fun instead of bad.

There's only so much you can do with it though before it stops being fun and just gets irritating.

What's with all this seriousness?

Saying hi from flushing! And bye too. Cause I'm not killing my phone's life by being on here.

Edited by Teddy Bear

*DLC grinds*

*Gaius and Tharja's relationship improve from two event spaces*

Best couple.

*hasn't supported Gaius and Tharja, so is clueless*